ORBIS PROTECT

ORBIS PROTECT: 29 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews

managementcompanygoodworkpayhourdayjob

Ridiculous hours

Expected to work on call over Christmas and New Year. Be available on days off and annual leave. Reply to emails at all hours. Boss did not understand or believe in a healthy work life balance, as they did not take time off themselves. Micro management to the extreme.

Awfull

Tupe'd to this awfull company after 9 weeks bulyed out . If your face dosent fit you got no chance ,too many cheifs sat around , worked like a dog for minimum wage no van ppe stock

Insights into ORBIS PROTECT

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great

Great place to work.Always busy and on the moveManagement recognised work and i.ied bonuses. Would reccommend working here Often consider returning here for work

Not really a nice place to work if your face doesn't fit.

Although I enjoyed the variety of work that was on offer and most days were completely different, the management are awful. If your face doesn't fit then expect the worst jobs, the worst treatment from management etc. The advertised hours are not what the job is. Its more like 8am till 9pm. Or your staying till the job gets done because they want to boost their profits but don't care if you have commitments outside of work e.g family , appointments etc.. Bullied into doing a call out rota that is not in your contract. And told if you don't like it then leave. The manager on re-let will talk rubbish behind your back to other colleagues and then be nice to you over the phone or face to face. He will also send you wherever he can to totally inconvenience you if the work day is not over. E.g have an hour left of the working day but your 2-3 hours away from home he will still make you drive to another job to "have a look" but will expect you to make a start on the job and either take a van load of rubbish before you leave or to start cleaning. And that's before you then have to travel home. NEVER expect to get home on time. It will put a strain on family life, working relationships etc. The job is good if you have NO family, friends or life. I'd steer clear if I was you.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long hours, bad management, ridiculous expectations. The list could go on

Can be hard graft at times, but good teams and decent management

Site (Dartford) good management when I was there, decent teams, everyone pitched in to get the job done. Something different every day, call outs could put a strain on family life but the extra pay helped

Pros

Overall a decent company

Cons

Prepare for long hours when on call-outs

Relaxed office but stressful work

Call handling and assigning to contractors or escalating to management. Calls are very stressful and at times quite abusive but callers are often vulnerable and distressed so a lot of patience is needed. You absolutely need to have the ability to bite your tongue til it bleeds but it is very rewarding. I was really lucky to have wonderful staff in the office to work with and we all kept each others morale up. Very often not a floor manager so rely heavily on each other. Training was lengthy, ongoing and systems numerous and often dual entry. Office wasn't the most modern or inviting space and working nights was difficult to get home as public transport links were not great. Working hours were on a 2 week rotating fixed rota. I would have stayed if they were a little more flexible with hours. Pay for holidays (christmas, easter etc) was standard if they fell on your rota days but double pay if you took overtime. Nothing quite like missing plans to work Christmas day knowing your colleagues were being paid twice the amount for choosing to do so. It was good pay at the time.

Bad place to work never given help no one to take your call when need some help

Company is all about the money never on hand to help health and safety does not matter to them never pay the wages right work tools never there always running around to find someone with the tool you need the management is never willing to help you

Pros

Cons

The management and staff favours others

Money is every poor for what you do

Managers no good , no real management, poor the wages are really bad, clear poo and wee up & blood,dead rats ect ,driving all north west then doing day work,do not work for them

Pros

Cons

Wages poor management

10 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at Orbis.We are sorry to hear that your experience has been disappointing.We would like to take this opportunity to speak with you further about it. Please contact us at HR@orbisprotect.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Has improved over the last year or so. Is going places as a company.

Its a good place to work and I have enjoyed my time here.There have been some changes to the senior management in the last year or so and there is a much bigger focus on Health and Safety and staff benefits.Much improved.

Pros

Lots of good contracts and job security

Cons

Horrible toxic place to work

Bullying management staff with no regard or care for workers wellbeing.Safety and health of workers ignored by management who only care about hitting targets

Pros

Cons

Over worked under paid and treated like scum

3 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at Orbis. We are sorry to hear that your experience has been disappointing. We would like to take this opportunity to speak with you further about it, so please contact us at HR@orbisprotect.com – we look forward to hearing from you.

Poor environment and management with horrendous pay for what is required

Typically the job role in the OOH department was to be on the receiving end of difficult customer's for a number of housing associations. with many calls becoming extremely personal.A couple of years ago the job role was okay. but in recent years more and more work was piled onto all the staff. Management don't care for what you have to say. Most contact with managers seems to be ignored.Staff almost on an hourly basis start and spread rumours about each other. The staff turn over rate is unbelievably high due to all of the above mentioned reasons.The Pro's are limited. the pension scheme isn't worth it.There is a competitive rewards scheme, This would be thought to be a good idea to encourage people to work harder. instead it seems like a way to tell the OOH department that they are no good. As the OOH department are really seen in the event.The ARC department (personally my preferred department knowing the company) Isn't much better. Their is a less drama in the ARC department. That being said this department sometimes requires a strong stomach. A friend of mine left the department because of the said reasons mentioned in the OOH department. To keep basic and simple. the only reason i would recommend working for this company is if you need something to get you by and you intend to keep your head down and ignore everyone and everything within the company. avoid interaction unless you need help.

3 February 2022

Stay away

Poor management right from the topNO!! TRAINING. H&S is a JOKE. told to get on with it even with NO TRAINING. STAY AWAY. only here till i get something better.

Pros

Home at night

Cons

To many to list

The pay doesnt cover the work that you are doing

Provide your own PPE is that even legal? A one hour unpaid break that your told not to take. Its minimum wage the £10 per hour includes holiday pay. You can get training to do lots of other work within this company but your wage doesn't increase. Stay away from this company .

Pros

Cons

Rubbish pay

It was ok…

Not much too it. Work place was quite clicky and very gossipy. Few nice people that worked there but the long timers were really stuck in their ways.

Pros

Christmas party

Cons

Toxic working environment

Worst company EVER

I was employed by orbis for 2 years as an operative. This company is a shambles and poorly run especially in the dartford depot. The management do not have a clue in anything and certain managers have their favourite employees who are looked after more than other staff members. So if your face fits then you will get the good jobs if not then be prepared to start earlier than your start time and finish late most evenings mainly around the 8pm mark. Health and safety is a complete joke and you are expected to lift heavy items on your own and if there is a problem senior management don’t care. Health and safety rules are flaunted all the time and it will be a matter of time until there is a serious injury which results in possibly a fatality. You are expected to complete jobs within a time frame that most times are unrealistic and burdened with more work and not expected to leave the job until it is complete despite often having to drive over an hour to get to jobs. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy as the professionalism and company ethics are so below the basic standards it is sickening.

Pros

No lunch breaks

Cons

The company as a whole

Understaffed, overworked and under paid

I like to be busy and challenged at a job but there was so much work with such little staff it was a struggle with no help from management so I'd work through lunch everyday and often stay late

Pros

I made some long term friendships

Cons

Low pay, understaffed

stressful

the company has both good and bad bits but overall i think there is alot that could be done to improve the treatment of staff and the wage offered. it felt as if big brother was watching and judging you constantly

Don't put your Health & Safety at risk

Over worked and underpaid. Management were a laughing stock. You donot get any respect. Health and safety was awful. Proper uniform not provided and training was basic. Expected to work over your hours whether you liked it or not. Avoid this company at all costs .

Big boys club

Not a company you can thrive in - culture very much like children's playground. Management was not interested in staff. Staff expected tp put up and shut up.

Avoid like the plague

Worked like a dog. Management expect you to work long hours and have no social life. All sat on their arses in the office why they get to go home at 5 and they pile jobs on you and expect you to work late. You're part of a 2 man team but when you're on call they expect you to do the work on your own which is a pain. Please don't take the job you will regret it. Im trying to get out of here ASAP.

It was very good to work there

I thought that orbis was a very good company to work for but because I had to injury to myself l had to leave but if I had the chance to come back l would be there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ORBIS PROTECT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement