Orbit Group logo
Orbit Group

Orbit Group Employee Reviews

Great people to work with Really good ethics Good opportunities Job satisfaction Great leadership Good benefits Work life balance was present Relaxed atmosphere

The most enjoyable part of the job

The environment was very good I got along with all my colleagues, we cracked down and done the job to the best of our ability but also had a laugh and joke.

Worst company ever

If you want to know how it feels like to live with mental health or being depressed then that’s the company for you.Managers and team leaders are The worst people ever, they leave you deal with customers and then they sacked you when you make a mistake.Good luck to everyone who is going to ignore those reviews and go ahead with their application, trust me you need it.

Pros

Colleagues

Official response from Orbit Group

28 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for your feedback. We’re committed to creating a great place to work with inspiring leadership so it’s disappointing to hear about some of your experiences. We pride ourselves on our culture, values and believe our people are at the heart of what we do. If there are performance issues identified, we have processes in place to support the employee improve and develop, as we want all our people to be successful in their role with us. We encourage all of our employees to raise any concerns with their line manager so they can be discussed in more detail and addressed. However, if they feel that they are unable to speak to their manager they can reach out to one of our Employee Ambassadors who help us as a business to ensure that our employee voices are heard in all business matters, or use our anonymous myFeedback platform to raise issues, leave feedback or share ideas. We also have a number of wellbeing tools and resources in place to support our employees including an Employee Assistance Programme and Mental Health First Aiders for anyone that may need it. Thanks again, it’s important to us to hear your feedback so that we can continually improve Orbit as a great place to work.

A good place to wotk

A good place to work plesent people when I worked there not sure about now. Early starts early finishes. Good work life balance and great mangers especially my Line manager always there to help.

Good company

I worked as an administrator for 3 years at or it group. I found that management were very supportive and concerned for my welfare at work. Lovely environment and above average salary for my role

Pros

Lovely enviroment

Cons

I was only part time

Awful place to work

If you valve mental health and being respected do not work here. Management are awful. Call centre manager has no people skills. Morale is low, talk to you like toddlers, fancy building trying to be Google but really it's a sweatshop wrapped up in fancy surroundings. The only good thing as my work colleagues. Really lovely.

Friendly environment with support for innovation and career progression. Offers flexibility around working hours/working from home. Also multicultural and offers equal opportunities in recruitment processes.

You will regret working here

This is by far the worst place I have ever worked at. Orbit customers are very difficult to deal with, often want to escalate matters to management however unless the managers agree to stop drinking their endless cups of tea's and coffee's you will never get them to take the call. You are left with someone shouting and swearing at you. There is no work variety and you are never encouraged to move to different positions. No work/life balance as the shifts are different every day. High turn over if staff. If you value your health and mental well being don't make the mistake in working here.

Productive work environment

Focus on development - following promotion to my role as Income Maximisation Manager I received leadership development and coaching training both internally and via the Chartered Institute of Management.

Nice place to work

Nice working place. Management listen to the voice of the staff and make effort to provide conducive environment. Staff are friendly and they take their work serious.

Jobs at Orbit Group

See more jobs

Intense and high pressured environment

Very difficult to sense if you’re doing the right thing. The goal posts change all the time. Management are very discrete about work outputs and update you at the very last minute. The culture is fake and people just backbite all the time.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No performance indicators for work

Very laid back and warm place to work

Working with the Infrastructure teams to deliver on Orbit's internal IT requirements. The management is very easy going and they run flexi-time which is a bonus. Hardest part is trying to pick-up the technologies without much documentation or steer.

Pros

Reasonable hours and flexi-time.

Cons

A bit far from where I live.

Emperors New Clothes Company. All policy, no performance.

Working with people but very limited to what you can actually do. You are supposed to care, but not actually "get involved". Lots of computer recording and paper records. Constant emailing to and from hierarchy but anything constructive takes an age and the "customer" gets more frustrated. Constant elearning and training they want you to share your "skills" ie other language/counselling but no notice of remuneration for this sharing! Culture of dynamic, forward thinking motivated team work, the office staff may support each other but those at the sharp end, dealing with tenants daily are overworked and constantly bombarded with being better, going the extra mile, setting targets and then being "exceptional by going beyond them" Its all smoke and mirrors repairs are left undone, problems reported are replied to "its not this department" but they don't tell the customer where to go to for help.Good holidays and flexitime available, if you can get it as there aren't enough hours in the day. 10 years service and the frontline staff and "customers" are more unhappy than they ever were.

Pros

Flexitime

Cons

Never satisfied, no appreciation.

Not what I expected - in a good way

Social Purpose, great pace, agile working, fab benefits package, there is a good feeling in this business and many of the teams with a great deal of passion, yes, there are challenges, and yes, there are pockets that we need to work on, however in terms of perceptions, this is a fast paced, forward thinking business with some fabulous people in it - incredibly pleased to be here.

Pros

Great People, Great Benefits, Agile Working

Too many chiefs

Will hang you out to dry. Unnecessarily dismissed at leat four members of staff ina few weeks with complete rubbish reasons. Cleverly and cunningly done. Be warned.

Good team structure, bubut rewardingsy

A good place to work, lots going on all the time, plenty of contact with customers, very good teams throughout the Organization, everybody is helpful, they do tend to restructure regularly,

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Always busy good team structure

Innovative and cares about it's customer

A great company to work for, Orbit are pioneers in their field and care deeply about the services they provide to their customers. Most enjoyable aspect of the job was working with such great people.

Pros

Great people, great company

Great internship experience

A great place to do an internship with very supportive colleagues and supervisors. Working time is flexible. Location of the office is not too convenient for someone who does not drive.

Customer Focused organisation

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Orbit and do not wish to leave, however, redundancies are imminent and therefore may well be a time for me to enhance my skills already gained within Orbit, by moving forward with a new company and I look forward to a fresh challenge.

productive and fun place to work

a work day within orbit is very busy and proactive, dealing with the finance directors daily calendars and arranging meetings either external or internal. I have learned how to time management and keep to tight deadlines, I love everything about my job

Pros

45 min lunch break

Cons

no cons

very good company to work for

most enjoyable job and the people are very friendly the work is different every nice place to work and don't mind the traveling to different place, plus company very good to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orbit Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement