Orbit Group

Orbit Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews

Nice place to work.

Nice place to work, with Nice people, Nice facilities, good covid awareness, good work/life balance, helpful management, overall its a nice place to work.

Fantastic place to work

I’ve been with Orbit for over a year now, and couldn’t imagine working anywhere else. Orbit care about the staffs well-being, safety and work/home life balance. There is lots of opportunity to progress within the company, the staff are friendly and the management look after their staff. Appointments aren’t an issue as they understand you have to have them and they’re respectful of personal life. They’re also huge believers in taking care of your mental health and well-being.

Pros

Care about mental health Care about staff well-being Chance to progress

Cons

Customer facing role

Fantastic place to work.

Fantastic place to work, wished I was still there, trying very hard to get back there, but the right job has not come up as yet. Recommend the company.

Pros

Pleasant

Cons

On the surface okey but not as it seemed

The culture is described as one of openness, diversity and forward thinking but dependent on who your line manager is can make a huge difference to how it works.During the pandemic the ‘line’ was no one was furloughed or made redundant however that simply wasn’t the case. The company hemorrhaged staff across all levels. Some people have been there for years however only a few.I think the graduate and apprentice scheme could be a good option for some though. The pay is high and as long as they perform well they get a great qualification/ experience at the end of it.

Pros

Graduate/ apprentice scheme

Cons

Procrastination on decisions led to stress and delays

To avoid

Probably the worst Company I ever worked for.The job itself even if very repetitive, is not that bad. The probably is how the company is runned.Favoritism is something you'll come across several times,with rules that apply to some and rules that don't apply at others at all. The management is incredibly bad, the put people under investigation for extremely futile reasons. Considering the are always short of staff, their referral scheme is quiet convenient, but unachievable as every leaves anyway before the end of their probation. There's no communication whatsoever between management and the employees.I extremely recommend to avoid apply for any job role at Orbit.

Pros

Cons

Management more suitable for hair salon.

Avoid at all costs

Only started here and lasted 3 weeks in all my years of experience in sales and arrears have i never worked for such an unprofessional company as orbit. The first weeks training was good but when you actually go out in the field its very different you get watched 24/7 asked why you went on a break or to the toilet , very poor pay for the sometimes dangerous job, mangers are clueless and lazy camnot keep staff if your thinking of working here i think you will get more satisfaction sticking pins in your eyes! Thankfully i saw what a awful company they are with team leaders who think they cam bully you i got out and had another job to go straight to , my advice avoid at all cost!

Dreadful in every way

Poor management. Overworked staff. No support. Lack of basic health and safety endangering staff and residents. Maintenance man who hides in the garden rather than do any work. Taking money from residents for services they don't receive. A complete shambles

Fun and productive

I really enjoyed working here, the people I was surrounded by were always friendly. I was made to feel like I was doing a good job and received a pay rise after a few months of being there.

The most enjoyable part of the job

The environment was very good I got along with all my colleagues, we cracked down and done the job to the best of our ability but also had a laugh and joke.

Worst company ever

If you want to know how it feels like to live with mental health or being depressed then that’s the company for you.Managers and team leaders are The worst people ever, they leave you deal with customers and then they sacked you when you make a mistake.Good luck to everyone who is going to ignore those reviews and go ahead with their application, trust me you need it.

Pros

Colleagues

Official response from Orbit Group

28 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for your feedback. We’re committed to creating a great place to work with inspiring leadership so it’s disappointing to hear about some of your experiences. We pride ourselves on our culture, values and believe our people are at the heart of what we do. If there are performance issues identified, we have processes in place to support the employee improve and develop, as we want all our people to be successful in their role with us. We encourage all of our employees to raise any concerns with their line manager so they can be discussed in more detail and addressed. However, if they feel that they are unable to speak to their manager they can reach out to one of our Employee Ambassadors who help us as a business to ensure that our employee voices are heard in all business matters, or use our anonymous myFeedback platform to raise issues, leave feedback or share ideas. We also have a number of wellbeing tools and resources in place to support our employees including an Employee Assistance Programme and Mental Health First Aiders for anyone that may need it. Thanks again, it’s important to us to hear your feedback so that we can continually improve Orbit as a great place to work.

A good place to wotk

A good place to work plesent people when I worked there not sure about now. Early starts early finishes. Good work life balance and great mangers especially my Line manager always there to help.

Good company

I worked as an administrator for 3 years at or it group. I found that management were very supportive and concerned for my welfare at work. Lovely environment and above average salary for my role

Pros

Lovely enviroment

Cons

I was only part time

Awful place to work

If you valve mental health and being respected do not work here. Management are awful. Call centre manager has no people skills. Morale is low, talk to you like toddlers, fancy building trying to be Google but really it's a sweatshop wrapped up in fancy surroundings. The only good thing as my work colleagues. Really lovely.

Great people to work with Really good ethics Good opportunities Job satisfaction Great leadership Good benefits Work life balance was present Relaxed atmosphere

Friendly environment with support for innovation and career progression. Offers flexibility around working hours/working from home. Also multicultural and offers equal opportunities in recruitment processes.

You will regret working here

This is by far the worst place I have ever worked at. Orbit customers are very difficult to deal with, often want to escalate matters to management however unless the managers agree to stop drinking their endless cups of tea's and coffee's you will never get them to take the call. You are left with someone shouting and swearing at you. There is no work variety and you are never encouraged to move to different positions. No work/life balance as the shifts are different every day. High turn over if staff. If you value your health and mental well being don't make the mistake in working here.

Productive work environment

Focus on development - following promotion to my role as Income Maximisation Manager I received leadership development and coaching training both internally and via the Chartered Institute of Management.

Nice place to work

Nice working place. Management listen to the voice of the staff and make effort to provide conducive environment. Staff are friendly and they take their work serious.

Intense and high pressured environment

Very difficult to sense if you’re doing the right thing. The goal posts change all the time. Management are very discrete about work outputs and update you at the very last minute. The culture is fake and people just backbite all the time.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No performance indicators for work

Very laid back and warm place to work

Working with the Infrastructure teams to deliver on Orbit's internal IT requirements. The management is very easy going and they run flexi-time which is a bonus. Hardest part is trying to pick-up the technologies without much documentation or steer.

Pros

Reasonable hours and flexi-time.

Cons

A bit far from where I live.

Emperors New Clothes Company. All policy, no performance.

Working with people but very limited to what you can actually do. You are supposed to care, but not actually "get involved". Lots of computer recording and paper records. Constant emailing to and from hierarchy but anything constructive takes an age and the "customer" gets more frustrated. Constant elearning and training they want you to share your "skills" ie other language/counselling but no notice of remuneration for this sharing! Culture of dynamic, forward thinking motivated team work, the office staff may support each other but those at the sharp end, dealing with tenants daily are overworked and constantly bombarded with being better, going the extra mile, setting targets and then being "exceptional by going beyond them" Its all smoke and mirrors repairs are left undone, problems reported are replied to "its not this department" but they don't tell the customer where to go to for help.Good holidays and flexitime available, if you can get it as there aren't enough hours in the day. 10 years service and the frontline staff and "customers" are more unhappy than they ever were.

Pros

Flexitime

Cons

Never satisfied, no appreciation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orbit Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Orbit Group with