Orian Solutions Ltd
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Orian Solutions Ltd: 40 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews

No complaints. Really enjoying my time here.

I’ve been here a month now and love it. Such friendly people and encouraging staff. Would highly recommend really look after their employees here.greatful for the opportunity

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Enjoyed my time with orian

Enjoyed my time in the school kitchen,great bunch of ladies,fast paced kitchen but just how I liked it,always something to do time passed so quickly just ashame hours are not enough for alot of people !

Pros

Term time work so all weekends and school holidays off

Cons

Not enough hours for most people

Insights into Orian Solutions Ltd

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Nice work.

The manager was very nice, He helped me in everything. I've always been paid well. They gave me uniform and training. The job site is nice, I have nothing negative to say.

Excellent Job

I worked with Orian Solutions for about 2 years, and enjoyed my time there. I always wanted to work more then the hours I had, but they always said that they wasn't enough money in the pot. I did enjoy it though, and would definitely work there again if I was given more hours then the 3 hours a week I got, ':)

Disgraceful

Full of promise but actual liers,everyone blames each other,management don’t care and would rather sack you than investigate,full of 2 faced women that stab you in back

Over worked

Not a good company you dont get paid for working over your time. Too many extras to do on top of your own work. Never enough cleaning products available to do the job

looking to escape soon

Bad management pass the buck, blame everyone else but themselves. Not organised, like politicians, to get a vote. Lie to employees, harass employees, low wages....long hours. Let employees down, relative of mine died, when l first started to work with Orian, was not allowed to grieve!...

busy kitchen feeding school

a busy environment, some days can be hectic , need to be organised and well motivated to get the job done to the required standard. trianing is required, some on line. daily standard paperwork is required to be completed

Orian

It was good. Quite tying working every evening, and would not be ideal with my education. I learnt how to clean professionally and how to efficiently deal with any issues. For a 16 year old it was good money and my colleagues were very friendly and approachable.

Well organised company

Enjoyed my time working here managers were friendly and approacable . The team i worked with were nice and made working here a pleasure . Wages were ok and always on time and correct .

absolutely awful place to work for

Shockingly awful place to work for, the managers are to blame for this as they do not look after their staff whatsoever!! bully tactics are used to in order to get staff to work places and travel to God knows where while other staff sit on their backsides doing nothing!! Im very surprised a lot of places haven't cancelled their contracts as half the places are absolutely filthy or shifts just aren't covered if bully tactics haven't worked!!! I feel sorry for the Co-ordinators , they are absolutely used and abused, doing managerial jobs , they don't get paid for doing manager jobs so I suggest managers and other higher paid employees get off your backsides and do the jobs yourselves!!awful awful company!!! Staff are not looked after whatsoever so I recommend steering clear of this company at all costs!!

Pros

absolutely nothing

Cons

everything

Good working environment

Started my job as a Finance Assistant last month and have found Orian as a very welcoming and supportive company. There is a friendly working environment and I have found it very easy to settle in. The work varies on a day to day basis with different challenges which keeps me occupied throughout the week. Would highly recommended Orian as a company to work for.

Pros

Pay/benefits, friendly workplace.

Friendly place to work

I joined Orian in April 2013 as HR Advisor and my role is to provide guidance and best practice advice on the full range of HR matters. What I enjoy the most about the job is that it varies from day to day. As the business has grown, I am now also the first point of contact for HR advice for our subsidiary companies (North & South Lakes Services) and in 2017 I was promoted to Senior HR Advisor. I now lead three other people in the HR team.

Pros

Meeting new people, friendly workplace.

Nice job

Workmates are fine but managment not really helpfull. Place where I did work was pretty nice and people was really good. Everyone was helping each other.

Shocking. Stay away if you can.

Bullies .management give no support to workers. Make promises and don't keep them. Work you into the ground. Corrupt all the way up. Avoid if possible. They have no concern for your safety at all. Look elsewhere is my advice.

Pros

Nice co workers

Cons

Long hours. They xontact you when ur on leave and expect you to jump.

Awful company

Awful to work for badly managed shocking HR department if any issues raised there preferred method of sorting out issues is to just sack people. AVOID this place all zero hour contracts

Pros

Cons

Bad management zero hour contract avoid them

good company to work for.

I work for Orian but I am based at St Columbas School making the school dinners. I love working at the school but it's only part time looking for a additional job.

Pros

loads of holidays

Cons

not enough hours

productive

nice to work for co-workers great to get on with and work with hardest part was deep cleaning in the holidays most enjoyable was meeting visitors and getting to kknow the childre.

Cons

Very enjoyable place to work, school children and staff all friendly and work as a team

I love this job!!! It works well with me having 2 young boys and obviously fits around school times and holidays. I collect meals from Langwathby, drive to Culgaith school set up the dining area, serve the children (approx 48) their lunch, clear down ad tidy the dining area and return to Langwathby to wash the pots etc. The people I work alongside are very pleasant and friendly and we all work exceptionally well as a team.

Pros

fits in well with my children - school drop off/pick up and school holidays

Cons

Not enough hours

we have only been taken over by orian for a year so cant realy make a review as yet

I've not found out enough about this company as yet so cant make a review on them

Pros

good wages

Cons

not a good enviroment to work in for a long time

Official response from Orian Solutions Ltd

5 October 2018
I am really sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time working at Orian. Like any employer, we continually strive to do better and we acknowledge your comments. Recently we carried out an employee survey and our employees identified that Orian’s workplaces are fun, friendly and supportive. If you would like to be part of a team again please feel free to apply for any of our posts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orian Solutions Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Orian Solutions Ltd with

• Orian Solutions Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?