ORKNEY ISLANDS COUNCIL

ORKNEY ISLANDS COUNCIL Employee Reviews

3.8Pay & benefits

A good experience

Working in Homecare on the Orkney Islands broadened my work experience never having worked in Homecare before anywhere else. Also learning that island culture is different from England where I had previously worked. I loved my job!

Always felt supported working for OIC

In my 2 jobs working for Orkney Islands Council I found I was well supported, despite often working alone on a remote island. I was always able to pick the phone up and speak to somebody if I needed to.

Workplace

Orkney Island Council was a very greatly varied workplace depending on what was happening on the day and how management would perceive individuals on a daily basis whilst the salary and pension scheme which is agreed at a national level is good local managers could vary greatly with their approach to staff depending on what may have been said to them by either other staff members or the general public and there is a culture of being assumed to be guilty until a member of staff can prove themselves innocent whilst also there was a culture of favouritism especially when it comes to overtime depending on the job /task

Pros

Salary Pension

Cons

Culture of management

Overall good company to work for

I really enjoyed working for this company. The people I got to work with made the job so much better, everyone was so friendly and helpul. The wage is a massive plus. The only downside to this job is the unsociable hours.

Pros

freindly work mates

Cons

unsociable hours

caring environment

Providing nutritional and varied food for elderly residents. Forward planning. Intense but fun. Hardest part was saying goodbye to residents. Communicating and ensuring that they had lots of treats.

Pros

free meals

Cons

working holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ORKNEY ISLANDS COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

ORKNEY ISLANDS COUNCIL Reviews by Location

• ORKNEY ISLANDS COUNCIL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?