Ornua

Ornua Employee Reviews for Production Associate

Production Associate13 reviews
United Kingdom13 reviews

teamplacepeoplehardgooddaymanagementtime

Not fun at all, absusive enviroment.

Not fun at all, absusive enviroment. Good for quick money but for long term not worth it. No one really cares about you, unrealistic work standards. They make it worst not better. No proper technical departement, communication between department is broken too.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Healrh and safety it is a joke

Mismanagement

Management have no clue at all lines are suppose to be run by operators standards but are ignored when you raise it they don't comment or try to pass it off. pay is bad that its not worth even going in for. Location is awful in the middle of a town that no.one in stoke really would travel for and if your face fits (favourites) you get places. Workers treated like dog body's they say they value their SOP and health and safety but don't put it in practice. no training to understand the role. They only good thing is getting out of there I've never known a place so mis managed in all my life its run like a joke house not a production site they even treat their zone leaders like muck off your shoe when it's them on the front line and know how everything works.

Pros

Two half hour breaks, two days off

Cons

Pay, mangerment

Insights into Ornua

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

A range of different jobs available, and the canteen supplies great food.

The day went really quickly, and there's a wide variety of different job roles available. I got on with everyone there really well, the people who I worked with were great.I enjoyed my time working at Ornua.

Pros

Good food, easy to learn new jobs there and fast paced so the time goes really quickly.

Cons

The pay was the same for all the different jobs, wasn't much chance of advancement.

Crippling to mind and body.

I remember my first day, waiting for someone to say ‘only kidding!’ Surely this wasn’t real. There were so many things that were just so wrong. Apart from the fact that using the loo if not on break is frowned upon, and cameras/managers/staff watching your every move (just like a goldfish bowl), the mind-numbing work is amplified by the constant drone of the machines. There were bad backs aplenty also. By my third week it was hard to distinguish between me the human and the machine. A truly awful experience.

Pros

Weekend off

Cons

The destruction of grey matter.

worst place around leek

if you want working 8 hours a day like slave for 60 pound (after tax) thats good job for you ! worst management working hard for less money managers are also liars stay away from this job

Hated it.

Ornua is a busy place. As such work/ life balance is poor. Management at shop floor level is inconsistent, favouritism is rife. People who don't want overtime are frowned upon

Zero nothing is good there. The management use the people as slaves

Horrible place. Everybody is a slave and rasist!!! Not recommend working there at all. They always recruit people. Everybody was watching me like an alien there

Degrading and vile

The management is terrible. If your face doesn't fit you cant make it there. They have no respect. They don't care if your I'll or injured, if you don't work to there standard your fired, if you have time off your fired, if you tell them your wage is wrong your fired. TRUST ME THIS PLACE IS LITERALLY THE WORST

Lovely people

Very friendly place to work . Good working hours . Shame there's not a lot of opportunity for advancement. But on the whole a nice place to work very friendly staff .

Pros

Very clean

awful place, management clueless

management refused to take on ideas given to them by lower positions. would ignore requests from the people who worked on the lines first hand as they thought they knew better. even though half the time they got things wrong, despite being warned by the 'lesser' workers. got a load of office staff from food-tech in the company and they was also clueless and very fortunate to be where they was.

Bad management .

Bad management . Poor working conditions . Poor health and safety . Poor canteen . Poor management ideas . To much pressure and workloads put on individuals . Not enough emphasis on teamwork .

Pros

decent people and friends

Cons

bad management .

Awful place

Don't work for this company. They slave you around and give you no proper training and expect you to work harder. It's a Terrible place. Do not work here.

Pros

My break

Cons

Everything other than my break

regimental and hectic enviroment

A typical day entailed checking the work allocation scheme and going to the designated department. Every department has hygiene protocols which are strictly adhered to, given that it is a cheese processing plant. Colleagues and management alike are bubbly and approachable and the tasks were physically demanding. The most challenging part of the job was when you had to maintain two or more lines of production when there was a staff shortage.The most enjoyable aspect was the task variation of the role, so not any one day was the same.

Pros

vaping allowed in the canteen

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ornua. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Ornua with

Ornua reviews by location

Learn about Ornua in popular locations

• Ornua
  • Production Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?