Orridge

Orridge Employee Reviews

Found the management unhelpful, not very friendly and quite unorganised. Not much in the way of training. Long days for little pay. Shifts always run longer than scheduled.
Pros
Can choose which shifts to accept.
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage, unfriendly supervisors, unorganised
Management is so poor & the people are not friendly at all, worst company I’ve ever worked for! Avoid at all costs. They lie about the wage, more time you’re underpaid & overworked.
Pros
Cons
Everything (literally)
The work is varied and interesting. Working in many environments using mostly hand held scanners. However. The management is dreadful. No support over issues. Complaints are ignored or not dealt with properly. The travelling is ridiculous unless it's a local job or you have your own transport. Hours stuck in a car for a quick job. And expenses are often late or not paid at akl. All on a zero hours contract. And only the management are getting furlough pay. The counters and pool car drivers get nothing. And the pool car drivers only get ÂŁ20 for driving despite it usually being an average of four hours driving. You can end up doing one day a week or sometimes less
Pros
Some of the supervisors are very good
Cons
Zero hours contract. Bad management and no support
expect a lot for not much pay or hours offered. productivity unachievable and bonus never accomplish due to high targets and expectations. Lots of mileage and below what government say average per mile. So only just gain what petrol paid to get there And expect you to pick up extra passengers at your expense.v
Pros
Cons
lots of mileage
I only worked there a few times as better FT opp arose, but got impression a lot of (but not unreasonable) travelling could be required. You must be methodical & accurate in counts. I was happy with pay & conditions. From my limited experience, they are overall an OK company to work for & in the zero hours market, quite good.
Pros
Free travel to location
Cons
Possibly long hours dep store size & problems.
Seriously Don't bother zero hours travelling for stupid amount of hours with no travel pay minimum wage for the most boring job ever you would be better off being a cleaner
Cons
Do not work for orridge and Company at all. There is no health and safty procedures to follow and the management and supervisors are just for the name sake and looking after their own benefit. No chance at all to move forward at all for your future sucess.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I like working at Orridge mainly because of the people I work with . Supervisors are great but having never met any higher bosses wouldn’t know what their like . Counting stock is easy and you have easy days and hard days . Do not like the fact that you do not get travel pay but at my interview they were honest about everything so it was my decision to accept the job .
Pros
Working in a team
Cons
Some jobs can last over 10 hours .
Good company for part time job, not recommend for full time as they only pay national minimum wage and don't pay for traveling time something 4 hours to different cities in South east England ! Good for students and travelling fans up and down country !
Pros
Job is job
Cons
Too much traveling, minimum wage, beurocracy and no respect for your hardwork.
Worked there briefly to fill up my spare time and found the work to be simple enough but not the most engaging. After a while, the constant repeated process can be daunting but overall not too hard to manage. The cons of the company is that there is no hours (Zero Hours) for the position and so you take work when it comes and sometimes that would mean travelling for several hours just to your place of work. Also, those hours aren't paid for unless you're the carpool driver and even then, they get paid every little amounts. The other workers are lovely and management are reasonable.
Pros
Carpool to Work
Cons
No Job Security
Worst company I have ever worked for. This company has zero loyalty or respect for employees. Should be closed down. They say you get expenses but you have to fight to get them you end up paying them for work.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything about the job is a con.
hours vary day to day depending on the client you are working for that current week. Hours also vary late shifts then early starts. Poor training given
0 hour contracts. 0 respect for staff. 'We will find another one of you...'. Top down control with no respect for people. Working in the back of supermarkets for minimum wage with no guaranteed work
Orridge offer zero hour contracts and I must say based on my experience so far there hasn't been enough work. I've only had two, 6 hour shifts in about eight weeks so far as the jobs available appear on the company website and they are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Pros
Productivity based bonus.
Cons
Just not enough work.
They care less about their employees,make you travel long journeys and hours but won't pay for you for the time .as driver you expected to count after long hours drive.
Pros
Staff friendly depend on what day
Cons
Make sure your pay is correct
Orridge it a good company but they don’t have more sift, there is many gap of shift . Payment are not good . Transport are quite good . Teamwork good . I would like to work for them again if I can get more shift
A typical day at work is check whether you are on shift on your portal, pick and choose where and when you work, show up on time, go to the location where you have agreed to do and count items til the job is finished. What I have learnt is how to use the scanners and that you can no guaranteed hours and that you can be on you feet for long periods of time when you are offered work. The workplace culture is stressful, but OK non the less The hardest part of the job is the single scan, when i have to single scan small items. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have a laugh with the other members of staff and when I work in different locations and with different people. Pros Pick and choose where and when you work Cons Not guaranteed hours
Working conditions are good working with clients was fine dealing with clients day to day and staff were good staff and clients were very helpful making sure the stock take was run smoothly and clients were very happy
i started at orridge in august 2018 worked at topshop london twice claires accessories primark even a factory with a cherry picker that was fun.however moving to burnley was an absolute nightmare one of the bosses tyler was amazing however rory refused to pick me up for jobs.i did two jobs in lancashire one at superdrug and primark i was promised a lift but it seemed to be a problem with staff disgusting and disgraceful can you imagine having a family and they treat you like a second rate citizen NEVER AGAIN.down south was brilliant i liked priya.sadly up in lancashire a problem.made promises that were broken like ive loads of money to get there.
You are a drone, required to count stock at unrealistic rates which take absolutely no account of experience or what you're counting. My first shift started at 7pm and lasted 14 hours, my second lasted 16 and I was also the designated driver for 4 people, so I finally got home after 23 hours awake. After a month waiting around for them to find me work, they then let me go without notification: The first I knew of it was when I received my P45 in the mail.
I've been employed by Orridge for a couple of months now but have only been on one job. I'm in the North West but had to take a pool car from Bootle to Darlington. Left my house at 11.30am and was back home at 00.10am the next morning. They don't pay for travel time, so for this 12hr+ day I earnt less than ÂŁ44! And I'm still waiting to be paid, now 5 days late.
  1. Employee reviews