Otium Services
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Otium Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews

Only any good if you work all shifts and don’t take days off

Expectations high work long hrs and days Do expect you to work day and night and god forbid turn your phone off to sleep Changed goal posts all the time to suit the business God forbid to have a private life

Pros

Cons

Long hrs

Low pay for night work.

Working nights in a gym, not particularly safe, expected to be a cleaner as well as security and assisting members. Management of cleaning company and gym itself do not care for staff or safety. Minimum wage. No sick pay. Annual leave often messed up and when you take it they provide no cover.

Insights into Otium Services

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Terrible

They didn't specify that you must be 18 to even be eligible for the interview. Not to mention that the very hours that I was to work differed completely from those in the job description. Thanks for wasting an hour of my life that I will never get back.

Pros

Cons

N/a

All good

Decent managers mostly One a little dishonest but the rest are greatCan be very stressful and full on but once every thing is sorted then can be a very rewarding job

Pros

Gym membership

Cons

Don't use gyms lol

Do not work for this company

They do not look after there staff, they go in low to secure contracts and expect the min amount of people to do the job to a high standard on minimum amount of hours,

Pros

Cons

Not enough hours to do a proper job

Do not work for them

They do not pay you the correct amount of money a month. They fire you instead of talking to you about the issues. If you want job security don't work for this company....

Pros

Cons

Not paid the correct amount Manger doesn't keep in contact

Very fast paced and stressful

Absolutely terrible management, they fail to pick up the phone! Didn't notify that when you start past a certain date you don't get paid on the upcoming pay day. Fail to arrive when told that they'll come and see you.

Pros

Full access to gym

Cons

Short hours and not enough time to clean whole area

Worst company I have ever worked for!

Do not waste your time with this company! If you wish to have no training, no communication, no help, get payed wrong, be without equipment that makes your job easier, even though you have asked multiple times AND don’t want to be DBS checked while having a key holder position, then this is the job for you! The stress this company caused me is unreal. The only thing positive was the nursery I was at, the staff was lovely. Just do yourself a favor even if your desperate, do not work for these!!

Hard work but rewarding

Hard work but rewarding. Helpful management. Paid on time and errors corrected quickly. Customer facing role.Cleaning washrooms, toilets, gym equipment, restaurant, car park, crèche, tennis courts. Floors, mirrors, windows.Full club membership from start. With access to gym and swimming pool. Discounted food and beverages.

Pros

1/2 price food, free parking, club membership

Cons

Early, late hours including weekends

Literally the worst place I’ve worked

Bad managers, had a creepy supervisor which didn’t help.Proper training not provided and then made to feel small if you missed somethingTight schedule and too much for 1 person to do in too little time

Pros

Some of the staff were nice

Cons

Terrible supervisors Poor training No support

Rewarding

I enjoy my role in management within the team at Otium, lots to learn and achieve. Very rewarding. Smooth transition into my role with support when needed.

Pros

Amazing support

Cons

Long hours when needed

Avoid this company

I was unfortunately offered a job with this company and I regretted it immediately. Terrible management, rude and inept. Had Covid symptoms on my second day, was spoken to like dirt and told I had to come in anyway. Do not put your health at risk by working for these jokers. Terrible.

Cons

Nice place to work, really friendly.

Would like it better here if I received proper salary. Still getting £8.91 an hour, this is not a living wage. Apart from that the working environment is really nice that is why I stay.

Pros

Cons

Ok

Worst cleaning company

They are the worst company I have worked for, some of the other cleaners were very aggressive and abusive. My supervisor done nothing but bullied me and told me I didn't fit in or look the part, my area manager really didn't care even though I had evidence of bullying I was going through . It started to affect my mental health and the bullying become to much so I left

Pros

Non

Cons

Plenty

Easygoing

Working on your own, being polite and kind to others and mantas high quality and standards in cleaning job and contacting CCTV team when you in and out because your role is also firs aid

Horrendous company to work for!

Management will throw you under a bus any chance they get.Want everything from you with nothing in return. They will put everything on you from week 2.No work life balance.Im glad I left!

Avoid at any costs

They are the worst company ever!you can't expect to be treated fairly, no support, no communication between the managers and the staff,they expect to be a super men not a cleaner, you have to complete tasks taking 7h to an experienced cleaner in 5h shift!always DLL managers moaning and want more and more from you!

Cons

As good as any other cleaning company

I have had no major problems with the company, sometimes money has been short but a message to my line manager normally gets that sorted in a day or two. The only real problem is with the revolving door of staff that think it’s an easy job, stay for a month and then disappear without a trace, leaving little ol’ me to do the work of two people in the same amount of time as usual. Not a management problem, just lazy people wanting easy money.

Pros

Friendly, efficient staff

Cons

Will employ anyone to fill a vacancy, resulting in a revolving door scenario

Your only as good as your manager

You have some amazing people in this company. But the communication is very poor unless they want something from you. The duty of care isn't very good in this company you must get the work done and your lucky if you get a break but I would mind if I would of been paid if I had to work though my break.I would consider going back in the future if these things were changed above and there is more consistency in the platform. This company won't be very good if you have any form of mental health problems. You have to be a very strong character to work for this company and just keep your head down and do your work and support your team including supervisors and managers and be respectful at all times respect cost nothing.

Dpnt work here

Absulutely awful and so we're the contractors at busy bees. Communication is appalling and what is required of you you have to ask about you because training consists of being complained too about management

Terrible management, no progression

Terrible management, expected to go above and beyond at all times with no praise. Night shift mostly but severely underpaid for the job role, all round a company you shouldn’t apply for. 8 hour shifts and paid 7.5 but not allowed to leave building for breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Otium Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Otium Services with

Learn about Otium Services in popular locations

• Otium Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?