Outcomes First Group
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Outcomes First Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom298 reviews

behaviourcarersyoungbryninductionsupportchildprogression

Vast, corporate, profit focussed, avoid

Outcomes First took over Bryn Melyn Care and stripped out all that was valuable about BMC. This is one of those large companies entirely focussed on feeding profits to investors. It appears not to care about kids or staff. It's a soulless place to work.

Pros

Good example of how not to provide Care.

Cons

Does not care about staff or kids.

If your face doesn’t fit, you’ll struggle

I worked for UGS for a couple of years. When I started the job was great however there was a huge reshuffle to the management. Since then they have placed huge demands on staff which caused us to be overloaded. They have a ridiculous staff turnover (at least one staff member left every month) which causes a huge strain. The higher management rarely listen to concerns. Once they have an idea they would do it without discussing it. If you don’t conform to their way of thinking or doing things you are not liked. They continue getting new children in when there aren’t enough staff to cover the ones they already have. The hours for the job are absolutely crazy and you feel pressured to work extra hours. I did so much overtime there because managers are difficult to say no to.

Pros

Free meals, gym

Cons

Long hours, sleep in shifts, clique’s, managers

Insights into Outcomes First Group

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Overton school

I worked at Overton in Ludlow for about 2 years. Under BMC this was a lovely run home in which the kids come first. Now under outcomes first it’s all about the money no care for kids or staff. Changed working hours, and reduced everyone’s salaries. Wages and correct annual leave entitlement were never correct, since leaving I have been chasing for weeks to find out about my wages I think they miss paid me to be ignored on all emails and my correct annual leave entitlement I have been after for 2 months. I unfortunately will have to seek action on this company and management ….. highly recommend not working for them

Cons

Very poor and rude management

Dreadful

So many safeguarding issues. They drag the students around on a daily basis, lose children for hours at a time and generally act appalling towards them. Do not go there!!

Pros

Only one week notice while during probation

Cons

Everything. Safeguarding failures, inappropriate towards students, management stand by and let students attack staff

Fast paced

Fast paced environmentKids are greatTraining providedLovely staffUniform is like wearing a towel though Great therapy teamOpportunity within the company

Pros

Free dinners, staff

Cons

Uniform is heavy and thick

Toxic

Toxic environment with culture of bullying. Support staff are amazing but senior leaders care only about profit. Very high caseloads, staff wellbeing is not promoted at all.

Fast paced

Hard work, short staffed pay Is awful for the work you do sometimes. Staff like to talk about each other instead of focus on the job. Good days on the job are rare but when happen are decent.

Pros

Free food

Toxic Workplace

The children are amazing and they really care about them. However staff well-being is just a tick box exercise and they do not pay well. Very large work load not enough time to complete everything in working hours. No overtime readily paid.

I used to love it here, now I dont, simple.

Lots of things have changed recently and I've been left to feel that management haven't a clue what they are doing- I don't feel safe in my jobcand it's certainly not fun any more. The Company are hemorrhaging staff at an alarming rate.

Over-worked, under paid

Most of the staff at the home are fantastic and on the same page, however there is a select few that don’t care about the well being of the children. The management/on call management/senior management seem to offer no support when it’s needed, but will bring up something unnecessary when you’re in the middle of 100 things. You get next to no work life balance, you don’t get paid enough, no extra for working nights, you get shipped off to different home (from an EBD to LD home) with no training in personal care/anything else, and nobody cares. You get made to feel bad if you don’t do overtime, so you end up feeling extremely burnt out, then get asked to come into shift when you’re on annual leave. Then get made to feel bad if you don’t.

It's all about the money !!

I have worked Childrens residential care for 10 years plus and these money hungry business people have literally sucked every last bit of love I had for the job to the point I've now took a new career path from a job I found so rewarding. From what I can gather this company have brought many smaller businesses making them a very large organisation however the money hungry people above have no clue about how childrens home work or run they literally want to fill them for a profit. Granted they offer good staff benefits and think that makes up for the fact staff are pushed to their limit both emotionally and physically and they don't actually care about staffs day to day well-being. The homes, staff, kids and mangers (them who actually see the homes) are lovely and try to remain positive evening when overworked and overpaid. There is a massive divide between those who work on the ground to them who sit behind a desk and bark orders. My advise would be listen to them who know what there talking about and have experience before this is another care company that ends up on panorama. The kids should be the main focus not the profit they bring in

Pros

Staff, kids, managers of the homes, food with the kids, activities, company benefits

Cons

Long hours, not listened too, money orientated, lack of experience of childrens home, inadequate pay

One of the best jobs I've had

I've been here in total for 11 years, I did leave for a couple of months back in 2015, mainly for personal reasons, it was then that I realised how much I missed my job so I went back and I've been here ever since, I've seen a lot of staff come and go over the years, mainly because this job isn't for everyone, it can be challenging on some days but these are far and few between as there are a lot of good days which make up for the challenging ones, I know there a few that moan about management but don't you get that at every work place?, I know at the moment times are difficult with staff in the social care sector, but we have had a pay rise to bring us up to what other companies are paying that are you not in the social care sector, yes the 12 hour days can be long especially during the lockdown days of Covid, as we are now able to get out more the days can go very quick, it's those days that can be the good days when you realise the difference you can make to someone's daily life that we take for granted, as I said earlier its not for everyone as I didn't think it was for me when I first started back in 2011, but talk to someone like I did, that was when I realised that maybe it is for me, after 11 years I guess it is.

Underpaid, undervalued and unsupported

Very clicky residential house if your fave doesn't fit give up now.The pay was always way under what was expected even though you will work more hours. No care for staff wellbeing and little to no training recieved. I feel like they took advantage of my want to care and enthusiasm. Left after 3 months to go to another care company. Shame.

Pros

Free food and parkinf

Cons

Hours, pay, morale

No concern for staff welfare or safety.

Outcomes First Group is a huge company that rightly puts the children first. However, there is very little investment or respect for staff welfare. This is a business and it’s all about low pay for all employees. Do your research before accepting a job with OFG, the high staff turnover says it all!!

Productive; rewarding; draining; taken for granted; lazy workers

Very rewarding job - I have met some wonderful people who truly care about the children they support and work hard; however, there is a lot of work load with barely any breaks. Very clichey. All seniors and TMs are best friends with the manager. If you're not, there's no progression for you.Some workers having to pick up the slack, causing them to burn out causing uneven, and unfair, work load. Your energy and enthusiasm are taken for granted. You work more than the hours specified and can become sleep deprived on your working week.Penalised for whostleblowing and safeguarding issues ignored. Even by regional managers who you should be able to confide in if you cannot trust your home management (excluding deputy who was very friendly and caring towards your general well-being). Individuals in leadership roles who are not equipped for the job - causing genuine workers to leave. Best interest appears to be in management's favour rather than the children's wellbeing which is worrying considering the nature of the job.

Stay away if you want to help kids

Only work here if ...1) You prioritise tick box culture over direct children's care2) Are actually able to deal with / prevent challenging behaviour so you dont burden the very few that can3) You want to work weekends4) You are a behind the back gossiper 5) You are happy to put the energy in whilst others cannot/do not6) You are happy to be used by others for their gain7) You are prepared to turn blind eyes on a daily basis with undealt with behaviours and sweeping incidents under the carpet8) Are happy to go along with things, but only as and when it suits management 9) want constant rota changesGot the picture

Pros

Activities with YP's, select staff

Cons

Rubbish pay, staff are too back stabby, unnecessary work, staff inability to work ( burdening those that can), too much incident non reporting, YP neglect etc etc

Fab place to work!

Great place to work, staff and team are very friendly and make you feel welcome. Everyone is supported and there is opportunity to progress. Would recommend.

Pros

Well Supported

Cons

The work is hard but rewarding. If you enjoy working with children and young people within the SEN field then this job is for you.

If you want to get into Teaching then being a Teaching assistant is an ideal way to start. The online training will help, however having a hands on approach with children with SEN is vital. There are three different key groups Three, four and five. It would be useful to experience all of these key groups.

Unfair, biased workplace

Fundamentally, I enjoyed the job however we were never acknowledged for how hard we worked (and we worked HARD, the work was constant and often too much for one person). Management made decisions that affected us daily without consultation or much thought as to how it would work. I also noticed that managers did not really have a clue about the role we did, I was an admin in a team of about 6. We often got questions from managers that they should know as they were pretty basic to the job. Overall though, my team have been singled out a lot and treated very unfairly.

Fab place to work!

A company that makes you feel relaxed and welcomed. I could not fault it. There is opportunity for progression. They also offer great work/life balance to all staff.

Pros

Well Supported

Cons

Company is more interested in profiteering than providing high quality care and education

Management were dysfunctional; backstabbing and undermining one another rather than working as a team. Many staff including management are unprofessional in their day to day conduct with one another and at times in front of the children. Promotions seem to go to those who are 'in' with management.The children are wonderful and deserve to be given the best care and education which, doesn't appear to be companies priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outcomes First Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Outcomes First Group with

Learn about Outcomes First Group in popular locations

• Outcomes First Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?