Overclockers UK

Overclockers UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

why have i rated this company so low????

I joined this company a while back (not there anymore thank god) i got there on the monday morning and had an hours training in picking off the computer picking the products off the shelf and putting the customers orders into a box ready for dispatch,how can anything be so difficult (wrong) a company or a shop would order large parts,you are half way through the order and the last 10 items would be OUT OF STOCK,ask a manager and you get a mouth full,as a fellow warehouse worker (now i normally get on with people-speak when spoken to) the warehouse staff where useless and if they don`t like you (tough luck) never give you the time of day and as my kids where very young then,one became very ill (that was on the tuesday) by thursday they where better and guess what (the best thing they did with me) i went in friday and told me not to turn up again as i had to much time off (sorry family in my eyes comes first) so in a nutshell:- 1. The place to work for is a joke 2. The management dont give a monkies 3. The work load was unrealistic 4. the warehouse staff are shambolic 5. The wage should be way above min wage (it`s not) WORK HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Pros

non

Cons

non

Fantastic environment with great opportunities to show creative input

One of the best office environments I've worked in. Great people with a broad range of positive personalities. Some say you don't get recognised for your work but this is untrue - put the work in and you will be noticed. Plenty of extra opportunities for extra pay and/or responsibilities. Brilliant entry point into the tech/gaming industry. Not the best pay for most, however you do have your salary bumped YOY for great performance.

Pros

Best work environment

Cons

None really

Pretty shocking

I used to love working for this company, god knows why, the wage is poor, management is a joke, there's no real way to progress in the company and staff are sacked and recycled on the regular, usually when your due a pay rise, do yourself a favour and apply elsewhere to work. The only positive was the people I worked with at the time, and suprise suprise it seems they're all gone now too.

Mainly let down by the wages

6 day weeks and minimum wage. Little to no chance of progression. There is occasionally the chance to move to a different role but is then only to another minimum wage position. The way the staff is treated is very much reflected in the way they care for customers or indeed the products. The things I have witnessed there made me cautious of purchasing products from there since. There is a definite "Us" and "Them" division within the company. The bottom floor of the company is treated as "scum" with the minimum wage, most hours and least perks. I feel sorry for the guys still working there as most of the people there are decent people doing skilled work without the pay packet to match. Stay away!

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Terrible job, minimum wage and 6 day weeks

Poor Place to work

Terrible place to work, was expected to do more than i could handle, no management support and had to deal with customer complaints that wasnt my area. Treated like dirt, expected to come in even if the snow is 6ft deep. Worst of all computer parts were thrown around the warehouse and dropped, i witnessed a whole pallet of computer parts being shipped tipping over from a flt driver who thought it was funny to drive around the warehouse. and guess who had to deal with it. breaks are timed to the second. lates are punished. i wouldnt work there again for a million pounds an hour.

Pros

Cons

To many to list.

fun place to work

typical day at work was ok mainly just got on with my job roll, most of thye staff was good to work with as we did have a laugh. always overtime avialabe.

Really not great to work for

Overall Overclockers UK is a pretty disappointing place to work. Advice and input is largely ignored by the senior management team who spend a lot of time fire fighting the whole time and blaming staff for all the company woes when actually they are largely clueless. There seems to be very little guidance given to staff regarding their roles and consequently lots of people have no idea what they're doing. The company seems to make good money but there's a general reluctance to spend or invest any of their own money. Whether it be the revolting toilets and the dilapidated staff areas there's evidence of penny pinching around every corner. This would all be vaguely tolerable if the salary and benefits were good, but they aren't.

Pros

It's a means of employment

Cons

Little progression, lack of guidance, stinky and revolting toilets

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Overclockers UK?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overclockers UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6

2.0Job security/advancement

Overclockers UK Reviews by Location

• Overclockers UK
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?