OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY

OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom92 reviews

Really good place to work

Management are amazing and compassionate with personal situations. They are very supportive and approachable. The are very accommodating for disabilities.

Pros

Lovely kind team

Cons

Nothing to report

Daggers

Used to be a great place to work now not so much. Just a money making machine. Gather & Gather are the worse company I’ve ever had the displeasure of working for

Pros

Home time

Cons

Gather & Gather

... interesting place to work with opportunities!

.... slow career progression can feel claustrophobic in one or two teams- the wider faculty doesn’t always collaborate as well as it should as a whole- but definitely individual who are collaborative, bright, keen and supportive- exciting to work with these staff!Some knee jerk reactions to student opinions - to respond- Even if ultimately it isn’t good for a overall rounded ‘learning experience and critical thinking/ analysis, or support students how become independent researchers as adult learners-but specifically teaches students what to do to pass assignments and exams.. so not a contiguous experience.. and will cause problems and stress. Don’t agree with spoon feeding style of teaching- but would encourage more student development around getting student to be able to critique and problem solve for themselves.

Pros

Senior management supportive

Cons

Helicopter management within some teams- a lot of ‘cattle driving’ approach to more junior staff

Good work life balance

Busy, bustling and friendly environment amongst staff and students. Summer school placements where always active. Great atmosphere. Worked across campuses.

Pros

Working near countryside

Cons

Tending to fire alarms in student accommodation, when they burnt toast :)

Productive and Fun workplace that encourages collaboration, presentation and public speaking

This was a really enjoyable student friendly job, with very flexible shifts and times, my role was based around open days and acting as a faculty representative for my course (Geography BSc) which

Peer Advice on Learning Leader (PALL) - a great role to undertake

Supporting 1st year students from the Biology department in a Maths Module, is very invigorating and fills you with pride as you assist in leading small groups in structured sessions, and occasionally running drop-in sessions. Helping to develop students’ understanding and skills in Maths, particularly algebra, pH calculations, use of graphs and logarithms, to bring skills up to the required level.

Pros

Reasonable hours, Working with others

Productive and engaging work environment

A great workplace culture with a respectful, engaging and inclusive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience of working in a university.

Good overall, some departments need work!

The University as a whole is a great place to work with competitive salaries and great staff benefits. Some departments however don't seem to have the same overall picture with poor staff and management relationships.

dynamic workplace

a good team to work with. There are over 7000 students in residence and our main role was to manage their accommodation standards and ongoing requirements' to make their stay a positive experience.

Amazing part time job along my studies

I had a part time job at Oxford Brookes Univertisty as a Student Support worker who supported students with disabilities. I was responsible for attending lectures and taking notes for students that required extra help. It was an challenging but amazing experience at the same time. I gained an insighted into many different subjects from various degrees and at the same time helped disadvantaged students with their studies. It really was a rewarding experience and I had to be fully commited to attending classes as the students were relying on my help. I would definitely recommend this job to anybody as I was well looked after and the university staff would support me with any enquiry. Moreover it was a well paid job in comparison with any other students' part time jobs.

Pros

Flexible hours, extra work always available

Fast paced.

Working with students regardless of role will always be stressful. Stress can be a good thing and is often very rewarding when supporting students and colleagues.

Easy to fit around own schedule

Working with the different students is great to help them adjust to university life and living in a different city or far from home. Also nice to help them with any problems they have and want to discuss.

Great University

The University is great and the staff are brilliant. Slight issue with management not taking into consideration the needs of the team but this is only in one team within one faculty. Very social and work culture is good. Relaxed environment and no one is micromanaged. Thoroughly enjoyable environment to work in.

Great!

It was one of the best job I’ve ever had. Good atmosphere, really friendly people, easy job. The best time of my life! And the best staff members! Really like it!

Conscientious working environment

Contracted to work there in ICT as part of Estates transformation projects. Thoroughly enjoyed the work. Enjoyed the environment. Like working with colleagues. Positive attitude to work and making a useful contribution.

Fun work place

The work environment was great and we were like a part of a family. Each day is different in the kind of work done. Evary one in the team helped me to gain more experience in my post.

Great experience to work with experts

• Manage the content and functionality of the faculty intranet and internet websites, interim sites and microsites including developing and evaluating site architecture and navigation, design, copywriting, programming and content, within the brand guidelines of the University and working with the central web team and IT team to manage the use of servers where appropriate. • Responsible for maintaining the content updates in the site through Ektron. • Assist the Marketing Manager in the development and implementation of the strategic direction and plans for the Faculty’s online and digital presence. • Be responsible for quality assurance of the Faculty’s web content. • Build relationships and work effectively with Faculty and University staff to develop appropriate web content to promote the Faculty. • Integrate zoho creator form on the site pages. • Provide regular reports and analysis on web and digital media usage and trends using Google Analytics and on-line sources and advise on future developments and opportunities and the direction of web and digital delivery. • Undertake ad hoc projects and work as directed by the Marketing Manager. • Contribute to the messaging and other marketing and communications plans of the Faculty, enhancing the online presence and overall image and awareness in order to advance the faculty’s goals and mission

Flexible and Supportive

Great place for a student part time job. University was ver flexible and respecting of study requirements. working hours were not overly demanding and the environment was generally a supportive network throughout campus.

Productive and engaging work place.

Oxford Brookes University is a public university in Oxford, England. It was founded as the Oxford School of Art. It is a good place to work, gathering high educated and open minded persons.

Great Atmosphere

Oxford Brookes is friendly and collaborative, a joy to be a part of and I loved my time there. Lots of opportunities to expand if you wish to and I attended a Student's Mind course to learn more skills

Productive workplace

I have worked with Oxford Brookes University for sometime now. It is a very supportive and progressive place to work. I have learnt a lot in my present position and staff have been very supportive to my development. I will encourage anyone thinking of working here to go for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY with

OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY Reviews by Location

• OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?