Oxford University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Oxford University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Nice place to work but management was not very good! Most top management place were taken by privately contracted consultants who you never saw as they were just employed to balance figures.
I worked at OUH for a number of years but the last couple of years the work environment became toxic with a blame and shame culture. The behaviour of senior colleagues and management was appalling. Patient care was compromised on a number of occasions. I have never seen an organisation so dysfunctional and lacking in leadership. Senior management did not practice the trust values and staff are not offered exit interviews despite being mandatory. I hope for the patients sake this changes but I think new leadership is needed.
Pros
Some amazing and talented staff
Cons
Senior management needs to change
Having worked within the NHS for 24 years with two other Trusts My ratings of the questions asked explains it all. After this experience I have now left the NHS.
Many Line managers do not offer support to their staff in meeting targets especially if their staff are foreigners and that needs to change rather they seek ways to make life difficult and stressful until such a staff resigns.
Pros
The experience gained will come in handy
Cons
They have a culture that prevents foreigners from progressing professionally and if you do progress, they push you out.
a typical work would involve working in a team scheduling patients for treatment. Dealing with queries over the phone and in person, liaising with radiographers and consultants. Inputting data into spreadsheets and internal software's. The team i worked with were very helpful and if i had questions or needed extra time or help they're were always willing to help. the management were always at hand if i needed to discuss anything or needed anything to make my work life more easier. the hardest part of my job was leaving my friends. i enjoyed working with a great team only working 4 days a week, through the week the staff room would be full of snacks :)
Oxford University Hospitals Foundation NHS Trust is a great place to work and live. As a university hospital it is at the cutting edge of technology
Poor work culture.No equality and diversity.Manager’s were not supportive to their subordinate.They system is appalling and staff are abusing the system. HR is very poor in supporting the managers
I worked in the trust for 2 years and would work additional hours often covering weekend shifts at short notice with no recognition or thanks from management. Bullying culture with limited supervision, opportunities for appraisal and felt undervalued. On my last day didn’t receive any recognition or thanks for my work and glad that I have now left.often going the extra mile. Glad I have left.
Working environment Satisfactory , first moving pace that involves working in emergency departments, theatre, Gp and community patient. Required to work days, afternoons, night and on call .
Good development opportunity and enjoyed the experience. The Chairperson at the time was firmly committed to making changes to improve employee engagement which correlated to patient outcomes.
Sterile service's a grateful job, and NHS offer opurtunity for you learning and acquire knowledge on this area, but if you have plan to progress, no offered too much information
Fast paced environment but there is encouragment from the organisation to progress. I enjoyed working with the patients and in a multidisciplary team.
I was employed to assist the Medical Director to deal with Medical ER issues. On arrival there was little communication between Divisional HR staff and the Director. Once this problem was solved the HR Business Partners were able to seal with all Medical HR issues
Pros
Medical Staff Common Room
Cons
No office no desk
Being Proactive and working on own initiative. Ensure to deliver a robust administration services/function that underpins the delivery of a high quality service and maintain effective working relationships with clinical, nursing and administrative staff.
Great line management support. Good corporate culture and passion for patients' positive outcome. Room for innovation and flexibility in reproach to solving analytical problems.
I had a wonderful to work within the Trust. I felt valued and respected with your contribution. They provide great opportunity for staff to improve themselves.
Oxford University Hospital is based in Oxford and usually take Park and Ride to get to Hospital. Not much parking available on site unless you get there really early.
The Job is rewarding because you are helping patients directly. The experience is good. Oxford is a nice place with nice people. The salary is low for the amount of work everyone is doing.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Working extra hours
buen equipo y buen trabajo en un ambiente asistencial de excelente calidad. Buen salario y buena relación con los compañeros de trabajo.
I feel forced to stay heating the chair while there's nothing to do the most of the time, it's boring and this is because the management is not so good. Some people are lazy and this is not productive at all, I also feel they waste our taxes on monkey business.
OUH is an excellent trust to work for. Very enjoyable. Always someone to help you on the other end of the telephone if there wasn't anyone in the department that had an answer.
Pros
Excellent holidays, Brilliant sickness pay.