Oxley Group

Oxley Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

friendly staff

friendly work environment. managers are willing for new staff to attend college and further their education. Training could be better. Confusing leaving times

Not the best

I worked for oxley developments from 1992 until 2010 . When I started new were I stood within the company when I finished It was less obvious, too many people looking after their own interest than the employees.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Near to home

Insights into Oxley Group

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment

Very Friendly place to work with a Drive to succeed in everything

There is always opportunity to learn more and move around within the business. Staff are very friendly and helpful. A genuinely great place to work. Since working at Oxley i have found new skills within my self that have helped me progress within the business and further education provided by Oxley has helped develop my skills and techniques.

Productive workplace with lots of opportunities

there's always a new challenge but at the same time there's a great team to always help out if you get stuck the company gets involved in a lot of local events the main one for 2019 was the soap box race.

Friendly place to work

In this role my responsibilities included, all financial duties including monthly procedures, • All administration and clerical duties for the business • Supplying financial help to the Finance Director for the company.

Good job, but poor management and poor job progression oppourtunites.

A typical day as a QC operative involves testing electrical components and making sure they are fit for purpose. Any faults with components must be noted in paperwork and senior members of staff must be informed. The job involves lots of paperwork, which must be read meticulously to avoid making any mistakes. I have learned a lot about electrical engineering in my short time at Oxleys and have enjoyed this side of the job. one of the reasons for me leaving is the fact i was told in my interview that i would be sent to college to learn more about electrical engineering, but Oxleys have not done this. The management is poor in my opinion and this is one of the other reasons i want to leave.

Pros

busy working day, nice people around the company

Cons

poor pay, no progression

hard

long & hard at times. a lot of pressure to meet deadlines, as materials are very often late. management don't listen at times good staff moral between production work collegues

Pros

good work mates

Cons

a lot of pressure

Nice place but needs improoving

Nice place to work but lower pay than competitors in area. Not much place for improving your skills, lack of the training and opportunities to progress.

Pros

hours

Cons

low pay

Oxley

Interesting varied job. Opportunity to learn. Very friendly helpful staff. Would recommend working at Oxley to anyone just a pity I am working maternity cover and my role will soon end.

Pros

Great Staff

Cons

Temporary contract

Assembler

Fast pace company. Building different components, Management was friendly. The Hardest part was deadlines. Accomplishment after building something and the people i worked with

Pros

Friendly people

Good workplace

Overall great company to work for. My manager looks after me very well. Good team in my department. There is a healthy work/life balance.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

no room for progress in my department

Disfunctional, no visible plan to escape current loss making situation.Missing key skill sets.No noticable product development roadmap.

I learned nothing regarding my own expertise. No clarity of next 3/5 year plans .No room for new product development . Stuck in military environment "comfort zone", despite strategy to diversify ? Very frustrating to work for, for someone with new ideas and thoughts. Culture and practices are still 30 years behind mainstream.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Poor leadership, not enough key people in management to effect change

Finance Administration

General lack of longevity within the finance team leading to a knowledge gap with regards to accounting systems and preparation

Productive yet challenging

I am generally left to get on with my own day to day tasks, which include receiving, packing and finally dispatching the finished goods. I learned to work well within strict time scales. Management and co-workers are great and are always happy to help. The job was very rewarding once we got confirmation that our finished products had reached there destination in the time scale given.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

No pay structure

depressing unfullfilled

Horrid place to work , there was bulling going on at a staggering rate and even when it was brought to the attention of management , nothing was taken serious. favouritism was a big bug bind of many of the employers and hear say and gossip was listened to more than a persons ability and experience. Talking down to the work force was a regular trait of the management and you were made to feel lucky to work there. We were treated like naughty children at times and told not to leave our seats until the buzzer sounded at the end of the day.There were no appraisals or any encouragement and is the nearest I can describe as a working hell.

Pros

Was in walking distance

Cons

Employees doing the exact same job were paid different rates, those paid the higher rate were told to keep quiet about it or go back to old rate

Interesting and essential for MoD

Plating operator within a small teamMake up, chemical analysis and maintenance of plating and other working solutionsEquipment maintenanceInspection of parts for QA of internal and goods inwards partsReporting of parts for despatchReporting/solving problems with regards to quality, equipment, solutions and drawings•Maintaining Health and safety proceduresOrganising daily work loadsMember of fast response emergency teamPractice of lean manufacturing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxley Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement