P&O Ferries

P&O Ferries Employee Reviews

The chance to succed is there for everyone if you want it. The training is phenomenal whether in saving lives at sea, staff management, new procedures or whatever.I was always encouraged and helped by all of my bosses in my quest to better myself.If "duty free" hadn't have been wrongly stopped by the EU i would probably still be working there now. The wages were, whilst not earth shattering, far better than at its competitor's , who still haven't caught up today.If i was twenty years younger i would go back tomorrow.
Pros
Free uniform, lunches. Great training. Loads of time off.
Cons
Working at sea in rough weather can be tough.
This company offers you absolutely No support should you need it. With p&o you are not given help for problems and only considered a number at the most!
Friendly helpful and great staff members. Training is a really good experience and teach you alot about what life will be at sea. Onboard management are respectful and helpful.
Pros
Food and drinks supplied
Cons
it does not matter how hard you work, it's if your face fits. management either do not want to know or listen then no action. very little to no support.
Pros
time off
Cons
bullying, and no action by management
Empresa onde trabalha 60 dias sem um dia de descanso 5 a 6 horas a dormir por dia muito mal pago. 3 semana em casa enquanto os ingleses 15 dias na embarcação 15 dias em casa uma escravatura...
Pros
Aprendizagem a vários níveis experiências profissionais
Cons
Muitas horas de trabalho sem um dia de descanso
A tough place to work very disjointed and blame culture was very prominent, wouldn't recommend there was a high level of stress given the level of the job that I was undertaking. Interaction with other departments was generally good it wasn't a nice place to work a lot of the time.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
High levels of stress
A selecção de funcionarios para o contrato Inglês não é justa... Infelizmente a impresa não valoriza os funcionarios com anos de casa . Investe bastante na formação dos funcionarios e apende se a ser profissional . Bom para ganhar dinheiro mas não para investir como carreira.
Great place to work for occasional periods. Very full on work as having to work everyday you are contracted to be on the ship. Great staff onboard and lots of information at hand should it be required.
Pros
Food & accommodation Provided
Cons
Working every day
A typical work day is relaxed and fun with the opportunity to talk to many varied customers. I have learn many new computer systems as well as how to hand difficult calls and how to engage in conversation.
everyone at P&O is easy to get along with, The management are all good and easy to talk too! the training is fun and with lots of opportunity to go further within the company
Good company people are good team the management are nit good don’t have people skill or realise people need a work life balance. They don’t offer courses for you to progress any further than what they need you todo
I was Stwardt some years ago... at this time my english knowlage was very bad and i was young...the managers was so helpful with me... Thanks all and the best for all.
Great job if you are a single person. The crew are great to work with and you build some lifelong friendships. if you are flexible and willing to work hard this is the job for you. The downsides come when you start a family and need a good work/homelife balance. Works for some but not for all.
a long shift with different stresses. very good company to work for and progression is easy. never had a problem with in the team. sometimes the weather can be against you, but thats part and parcel of the weather.
During my time at P&O, I was well supported by management, was given plenty of opportunities to further my knowledge with Microsoft Office, and I felt comfortable and happy at work.
This is a company that has a culture of if your face fits no matter how hard you work it also is a place where bullying is riff not a good place to work
Not a bad place to work. Face fits type culture, Good pay for remedial tasks. [shore based status] Opportunities to express opinions. Little in the way of job satisfaction
I really enjoy working for P&O. I work in all areas on board n enjoy the banter we all have while working in stressful situations. The hours are very long and In the summer periods we don’t have any breaks (apart from half hour meal breaks which are provided free) . Zero hour contracts beware as the winter periods are sometimes bleak and there is no work for months due to the ships going on refit.
I started here when I was 18. And left 7 years later. It was so much fun and you spend a lot of time with your shipmates so become a massive family, often more time working than you spend at home with your friends and family. This job taught me so many life skills and evacuation/emergency procedures. The experience gained from my time here has greatly impacted my skill base allowing me more opportunities should i wish to persue them. Only changed my job because it no longer beneficial to me and my growing family. The pay is pretty decent for the job you do. however can be very long hours. A standard working day is 13.5 hours long (not including delays due to extreme weather, strike action and various other reasons for being late) my longest shift was 21 hours when in rough weather they shut the port and we were bobbing around outside for many many hours. Those who get sea sick - need not apply. You're only allowed 3 absences in a year. i am aware of people who lost their job because they were always getting off because of sea sickness. You get free food and drinks, lots of banter with your colleagues, management is pretty good too - they looked after me when I was off long term. they paid for and arranged private therapy, and regular check-up's to see my progress.
Pros
Can be a lot of fun. Like being in one big weird family. Union to back you up if needed.
Cons
Hard work. Long hours. Can be stressful in Summer/Ski season
Good company hours were only three to six hours a day loved the job but the traveling from kilmarnock was a bit much as it was only seasonal. Never made enough to live on good professional and colleagues were friendly and helpful.
Working on their ferry serivce was busy working on the bridge to radio office and ships electronics. Still used morse code to communicate from ship to shore. Live on-board for 2 weeks then 2 weeks paid leave. Excellent salary just a shame the route ended thus my job did too
  1. Employee reviews