P&O Ferries
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

P&O Ferries Employee Reviews

United Kingdom109 reviews

It was a good place to work, friendly crew and always willing to show me things I didn't know. I would reccomend to anyone. Not the best of payers compared to others in the industry.

Not to be trusted

after many years of dedicated service we were stabbed in the back and sacked without warning, do not trust the shoreside management. would not recommend anyone work here.

Insights into P&O Ferries

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager

Cheap labour

Got a team meeting and was sacked just like that after 25 years serive and have gone gone cheap pay as you go

colleagues are more like a family.we all looked after each other as the ship was our second home since we spend half a year onboard.

a wide range of opportunities to learn something new everyday. the job puts you right where your skin hardens and you don't become victim of stress .9

Pulling the rug and the rest

Seven years and it's all gone in the blink of an eye thanks to one extraordinary Zoom call. If they ever advertise, don't go for them. The best thing you can do is completely ignore this company. They treated me and everybody else like scum and they're going to do the same to you.

I was hired for a specific project for 6 months

Delivered a very specific business strategic project with the very short time frame given. Was stressful at times but delivered I did. People were good and team spirit was good. They have resourcing issues (need more people) which they are working on fixing.

Pros

Work from Home, Good support from my manager, encouragement, interesting domain (Shipping)

Cons

single points of failure, Thin teams, tools. PMO governance lacking (was just being built)

Great place to work for.

Everyday is not your usual day at work.It may suit every person life style it may not. Working onboard is not a 9-5 job unless you are working in the office position. Great people to work with.

Pros

Free food, staff discounts, good pay, more days off

Cons

Long hours but it pays off

Not a nice place to work

Not a nice place to work.No structure. They prefer to work off the cuff rather than working with plans.It was a very stresssful experience working and being there.

Pros

Cons

Far from city and getting accommodation was difficult.

I liked working here.

I was on a temporary contract on board. I made a lot of friends and the long hours went very fast. Was always doing something new. There are particular areas that I would prefer to work in, but I feel that is the same for any job.

Pros

Decent pay and free meals on board

Cons

Long hours but made easier by who you’re on shift with

I did this job for 20 years and loved it in the beginning when I was a young girl with no responsibilities but having a family made it hard for me to find the work/life balance as long shifts and time away from my family were hard! Working at sea can be fun but also stressful during busy periods, a typical day during summer would see every trip take over 2000 passengers and whatever area you worked in was constant for the 90 minute journey! Also working at sea isn’t great during rough weather, shifts would always end up being longer than 13.5 hours! I did a 36 hour shift once because of bad weather!

Pros

Discount, 3 meals a day, uniform

Cons

Long hours, bad management

Fantastic training

The chance to succed is there for everyone if you want it. The training is phenomenal whether in saving lives at sea, staff management, new procedures or whatever.I was always encouraged and helped by all of my bosses in my quest to better myself.If "duty free" hadn't have been wrongly stopped by the EU i would probably still be working there now. The wages were, whilst not earth shattering, far better than at its competitor's , who still haven't caught up today.If i was twenty years younger i would go back tomorrow.

Pros

Free uniform, lunches. Great training. Loads of time off.

Cons

Working at sea in rough weather can be tough.

Terrible company to work for

This company offers you absolutely No support should you need it. With p&o you are not given help for problems and only considered a number at the most!

Great atmosphere

Friendly helpful and great staff members. Training is a really good experience and teach you alot about what life will be at sea. Onboard management are respectful and helpful.

Pros

Food and drinks supplied

Cons

weak management. bullying culture from some crew

it does not matter how hard you work, it's if your face fits. management either do not want to know or listen then no action. very little to no support.

Pros

time off

Cons

bullying, and no action by management

Fraca

Empresa onde trabalha 60 dias sem um dia de descanso 5 a 6 horas a dormir por dia muito mal pago. 3 semana em casa enquanto os ingleses 15 dias na embarcação 15 dias em casa uma escravatura...

Pros

Aprendizagem a vários níveis experiências profissionais

Cons

Muitas horas de trabalho sem um dia de descanso

Difficult

A tough place to work very disjointed and blame culture was very prominent, wouldn't recommend there was a high level of stress given the level of the job that I was undertaking. Interaction with other departments was generally good it wasn't a nice place to work a lot of the time.

Pros

Good company benefits

Cons

High levels of stress

Ambiente competitivo e duro mas bem pago

A selecção de funcionarios para o contrato Inglês não é justa... Infelizmente a impresa não valoriza os funcionarios com anos de casa . Investe bastante na formação dos funcionarios e apende se a ser profissional . Bom para ganhar dinheiro mas não para investir como carreira.

Good for short periods

Great place to work for occasional periods. Very full on work as having to work everyday you are contracted to be on the ship. Great staff onboard and lots of information at hand should it be required.

Pros

Food & accommodation Provided

Cons

Working every day

Contact Centre Agent

A typical work day is relaxed and fun with the opportunity to talk to many varied customers. I have learn many new computer systems as well as how to hand difficult calls and how to engage in conversation.

Good to work for

everyone at P&O is easy to get along with, The management are all good and easy to talk too! the training is fun and with lots of opportunity to go further within the company

Good company good people just poorly managed

Good company people are good team the management are nit good don’t have people skill or realise people need a work life balance. They don’t offer courses for you to progress any further than what they need you todo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at P&O Ferries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare P&O Ferries with

• P&O Ferries
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?