P.D. Hook
P.D. Hook Employee Review

Systemically Poor

17 July 2019
As a former HGV driver live Haul I was Appalled by how the company was being run by the Transport Manager and Transport Planner. They treated you worse than they treated the waste product from the dead chickens. No strategic forward thinking. Lack of total respect when you try in vain to phone the office ( they don’t answer and cut you off ) even when 2 drivers were seriously injured all that was said was “ Are the chickens ok?” If you want a job where you will break the rules of VOSA and do not care for your Health and Safety then this IS the company for you. Don’t bother if you want to stay legal with your driving.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Didn’t have to sleep in the cab
Cons
Shifts even the devil wouldn’t work
9 November 2019
Same role
HGV Driver class 2 (Former Employee) - Stanton, Suffolk
Absolutely terrible place to work Very poorly run by manager, his partner and son Special jobs for favourite drivers whilst newer drivers get the hardest work The manager is a tyrant whist his partner is even worse and the son favoured and promoted beyond his abilities You will be expected to work like a slave and push your
11 January 2021
Weekend Staff (Former Employee) - Stocksbridge
Not a bad place to work, it is a fast pace job it’s a good place to work if you want to crack on, you don’t have many breaks and the day goes really quickly. The down fall this job has is the management. I was only contracted 2 days a week (mainly weekends) I had one day off due to a family bereavement I notified the manager to say I wouldn’t be in which I never had a reply to. I then had the next 2 weekends booked off before I had even accepted the job which they were fine with as it was Christmas weekend and the following weekend was New Years Eve, a few days after I had a voice mail to say they were terminating my contract and that my work with PD Hook would go no further it came completely out of no where. The manager didn’t even ring or text me in the time I had booked off to ask if I was still able to work the following weekend. The area manger had rang and left a very abrupt voice mail to say that my contract had ended. Then was followed with a letter to say the reason for this decision was “ your failure to reach the required days” for having one day off. I had offered to work more days in the week but that offer was always turned down.Very very poorly managed place they don’t let you progress within the job and expect you to be a shadow and follow someone around all day. It was a good place to learn lots if you were keen and asked the right questions otherwise you would be left in the dark.
Pros
The day goes quick
Cons
Bad management
5 May 2020
Office Based (Current Employee) - Oxfordshire
The owners of the company are very fair. They expect a good job to be done but allow you to do it. Any issue you have and they are very approachable to help you resolve it.