P.D. Hook

P.D. Hook Employee Reviews in Stocksbridge

Found 1 review matching the search
Not a bad place to work, it is a fast pace job it’s a good place to work if you want to crack on, you don’t have many breaks and the day goes really quickly. The down fall this job has is the management. I was only contracted 2 days a week (mainly weekends) I had one day off due to a family bereavement I notified the manager to say I wouldn’t be in which I never had a reply to. I then had the next 2 weekends booked off before I had even accepted the job which they were fine with as it was Christmas weekend and the following weekend was New Years Eve, a few days after I had a voice mail to say they were terminating my contract and that my work with PD Hook would go no further it came completely out of no where. The manager didn’t even ring or text me in the time I had booked off to ask if I was still able to work the following weekend. The area manger had rang and left a very abrupt voice mail to say that my contract had ended. Then was followed with a letter to say the reason for this decision was “ your failure to reach the required days” for having one day off. I had offered to work more days in the week but that offer was always turned down.Very very poorly managed place they don’t let you progress within the job and expect you to be a shadow and follow someone around all day. It was a good place to learn lots if you were keen and asked the right questions otherwise you would be left in the dark.
Pros
The day goes quick
Cons
Bad management