P3 Charity

P3 Charity Employee Reviews

Worked for P3 for a number of years and was able to get on with my role due to my experience. Management were not competent in knowing our job roles and were only interested in there own roles. Many time we had to cover up there mistakes and there incompetence to do there own job. They were basically in a role they knew nothing about.
Pros
Cons
Long working week and low wage compared to other companies in the area.
I really enjoyed my time working with and helping homeless people. Unfortunately the pay was vary poor for unsociable hours. There was no flexibility for working hours. My manager was really good a supportive but was regularly shot down by senior management. The sick pay was poor and you were alway expected to work over your contracted hours with getting paid overtime, you could take the time back but there was never the opportunity to as the staffing levels were so low. It wasn't all bad as I meet some fantastic people.
Pros
Helping homeless people
Cons
5 am starts, poor pay
Bad management-seedy company- back stabbing colleagues- caught scabies twice - weekly physical threats of violence from clients and management does nothing to help - dangerous place to work!!
Pros
Diseases easily contractable
Cons
Everything! Besides wage
This company does not support their staff. The case loads are high and the goals unrealistic. The company adopts a “we work hard and play hard attitude” with childish team building events, that are totally unnecessary and patronising. My manager had no knowledge of housing issues or law, she was a pen pushing bully who belittled her staff and drove them out of the service.I was lucky to have a great bunch of clients who made my role rewarding, and I learned so much from them.Avoid this company at all costs!!!!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High case loads
Most management team in the area that I worked were best friends outside of work. Find all management turn against you when you have a small issue with one person and this includes the CEO. If you’re not bowing down and sing the CEO’s praises you are outcasted!
Cons
Unfairly treated by management
Lovely staff. Best managers I have come across . Shifts can be boring . Unnecessary tasks are given to staff , which goes beyond the job description. Expectations put on staff can be stressful.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Not enough over time and no flexibility in working hours
Apart from the salary, management do take good care of their staff. I really enjoyed working with the organisation. I will recommend friends to work there if they increase the salary.
Pros
Good Organisation
Cons
Salary too low
Lovely job, great working with clients In their own homes but lack of support And training For people new to the role. Takes time to get used to it. Own case load of clients which is great as you know where you are with each one. Managing your own time is quite liberating. Some very different characters. Mostly positive but there’s always one!
Pros
9-5, Relaxed environment. Generous petrol allowance, manage own workload
Cons
Must pay for own business insurance, Poor wage, negative office environment when particular staff member is there, lack of support for people new to the role
I foundP3 to be an excellent employer, they were there for the young people we worked with and looked to get he best for them over the local authority. The work hey did was 1st rate and I had an excellent time with them.
Most amazing caring charity that I have ever worked for. Nothing is a problem to them and full staff support. Highly recommend p3 as employers. That are kind considerate and put people we work with first, staff and managers alike are amazing.
Fabulous place to work. Real job satisfaction and rewarding work. Enjoy making a difference and supporting people to develop independence and reach their potential.
Before joining P3, I was relocating from Somerset to Cheshire with no connections to the area or P3 as a charity, so it was very daunting move! However P3 were fantastically welcoming to me as a new joiner. Over my career to date I've worked for a number of charities, and other organisations in the sector, and over the two and a bit years I've been a part of P3 to date, my experience of P3 has been overwhelmingly positive. They truly care about getting things right, looking to make a positive impact in all their areas of work across the country. They are always thinking about ways to improve the experience for the people we work alongside, and take a truly empathetic approach in this, having a strong ethos of encouraging involvement from the people we work alongside throughout the entire organisation, including having a 'Peoples Board' which enables genuine change and development to occur that is led by the people we offer our services for. In addition to this, P3 champions initiatives to improve staff well-being, and actively involve staff to make sure they are doing this in a meaningful way. The Charity sector is by its nature a challenging and changeable one, but P3 are progressive and in my experience, have shown themselves to be reflective and also to not be risk averse when it comes to standing by their values and vision to tackle social exclusion, wherever it occurs. This ethos is embedded by the most inspiring CEO (along with the ELT & SLT) that I've ever had the good fortune to work with. I've always found myself 'growing' out of organisations I've worked for - more...
I had no confidence in my line manager as she had such little experience The CEO was very unprofessional in the way he addressed tuped over staff Not enough staff to provide adequate support to the people who lived in the supported accommodation IT very outdated constantly monitored and micro managed by managers and other colleagues. Managers can’t take criticism, staff scared to say anything negative as they would be told ‘it is not the P3 way’ The rent is so high the people they support would never be able to move into employment They do not allow you to work flexibly and take no consideration of any caring roles you may have eg dropping children off at school, care of relatives etc, basically you either work 9 to 5 or you have to take annual leave Managers believe everything the people they support tell them over what their employees report
Terrible company to work for, unsupportive with child care, poor management, unwilling to correctly teach you within the role. Put staff in danger, including trying to force staff to walk along a railway line. Send two women out onto the streets on early mornings (5am). Really wouldn’t recommend.
Challenging job. At times can be very stressful, which can be managed well with the right team and support. High turn over of staff in areas due to management. Could pay more for the responsibility within the role
Enjoyed my time working at P3, I have learnt alot from the people/managers I worked with. The thing that attracted me most to this was the principle of putting the YP first and promoting their independence, something I regularly witnessed whilst at work. My manager always went above and beyond. I was proud to work for charity where all staff members shared the same ideals. where
Great for experience but the pay is bad for what you have to deal with. A lot of the time the management is not trained properly. Not a lot of people stay there long term.
...but the Company ethos and attitude to staff is poor. They don't really understand the role of support worker and apply learned management principles inflexibly. Their bottom line is, if you don't like it you can leave.
I enjoy my job as housing support worker. It can be stressful at times but I am part of a great team that supports each other. Everyday is different in this role.
Pros
Every day is different
Cons
Higher up management can make your working life difficult
P3 charity is not the social inclusion charity they claimed to be. They don't include everybody. They treat some of their clients unfairly. The support workers get aggressive with their clients. clients
Great company to work for look after their staff well moral is good and you feel appreciated for the work you do and they offered support if and when needed
  1. Employee reviews