Papa John's
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

Papa John's Employee Reviews

Long unsociable hours fast paced no holiday pay offered no wage slips brought it up with head office a few times my emails are just ignored great job if your only interested in the money
Pros
Good wages if your prepared to work for them
Cons
Late hours no holiday pay no wage slips
I’m currently in my first year at college. Fortunately, I don’t have much financial responsibility (bills). However £5 per hour for such a big company is not ideal. The job can be fun but the low pay rate is demotivating. On the weekends, and in the holidays, it gets a lot more busy than normal.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Main manager ignores any message you send, managers aren’t professional! No support is offered for health or your needs! Spoken to rudely from managers and staff!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude staff
It’s a good first job but that’s about it, you can have a laugh and can enjoy it when you’re working with the right people but every staff member is paid unfairly, everyone starts on minimum wage but you could learn absolutely everything there is to know about the store and have a couple of quid increased on your hourly rate but then there’s other staff that do minimal that will be on a higher wage than you just because they’re older, also smokers are prioritised on “breaks”.
Pros
Free pizza if you work the full 11 hours
Cons
Majority of the time it’s short shifts, no set breaks, treated unfairly as well as being paid unfairly, do not receive payslips.
The job started out as one night a week but eventually i was working dix nights a week. The management and staff were friendly, it was a pleasure to work there.
Worked here for quite some time after people left one after the other. Poor management and rude staff. No customer service and left feeling like everything was down to me. Minimum wage for what you have to do is ridiculous.
Cons
Overtime, rude management, no structure
No support, rude managers. No time for staff, if you have one day off for an illness you get spoken and treated like rubbish. No teamwork, every man for themselves. If you aren’t part of the “clique” you are nothing. AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Cons
Everything. AVOID!!
Honestly the worst mistake you can make is working for papa Johns Caerphilly. You can ask anyone who has worked there they will all tell you the same.
Pros
Free food after 6 hours
Cons
Don’t pay you!
Worked there for 5 months and they never even told HMRC I was working there yet deducted taxes from every pay. Poor management. Minimum wage while doing management duties.
Cons
Never get paid in time, the company is doind money loundrette (washing money) ower fuell money instead the get them every day they ofer u after 2 weeks amd missing always money. They just sell company from one to one all the times when they have Court about not paying electricity, the shop always closed for couple off months because off problems.
Pros
No free food
Cons
No hours
After leaving once before I had to go back. Papa Johns is such a fun workplace where everyone has to put in 100%. Although its repetitive its very straightforward. My manager was always there to support staff and always showed up on busy nights to help out on dispatch. Other staff members are able to have a laugh and chat while working away.
Pros
Free food, tips
Cons
Managers were terrible, pay was NMW but no set pay date and the mileage for each delivery is shocking, the contract is basically pointless and overall a terrible place to work, I wouldnt recommend even if you depended on it
Pros
Free food on shift
Cons
Everything else
Worked here for two years and it was a pretty horrible experience. They work their staff like slaves and never give holiday time, bullying is quite common and overlocked by the owners.
Pros
Not working their anymore
Cons
To many to list
I do not recommend working in this place to anyone, the entire crew should be replaced. Minimum wage, work every weekend.............................
Pros
Non
Cons
The whole company to be replaced
There is no job security, they will use you until they need you and will get rid of you for minimal reason As soon as they get more staff.The pay is barely minimum wage and the drivers don’t even get that considering the fact that delivery drivers has to use their own car and pay for petrol.My Overall experience is that this is one of the worst place to work for and waste of time.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No job job security
Terrible management and far less hours than promised in the interview. Not paid on time every month. This was my only income at the time and despite the fact I was more experienced than the majority of the staff I was sent home after 2-4 hours because they had to watch the ‘labour’ in the shop (would send home anyone over 18 to save money on wages)Worked like a dog in unsanitary conditions on the context I would be given more hours soon (told this every week) Eventually I was told I was going to be closing the shop one night so didn’t finish until 2AM turns out this was only so every other staff member could go to a party, received a telephone call at 10PM to say I was no longer required in the shop but to enquire about a job in another papa johns restaurant that was reopening soon Minimum wage and a ‘0’ hours contracts seem the norm and I was given less than 10 hours a week as a full time employee (management worked 70-80 hours per week) Avoid like the plague, felt really bad ripping people off (>£30 for pizzas that cost us pennies to make, untrained staff and dirty equipment) All food hygiene and health and safety training was completed by one manager logging into the training system for every new employee and finishing the course so they wouldn’t have to stop working during the day. Certainly illegal and potentially dangerous for the hospitality industry.I have worked for some atrocious business owners in my time but none have been quite as bad as papa johns.
Cons
See above
Do not work here. Very unprofessional. No work benefits, no payslip, not paid correctly many times, no holiday pay, people paid less than minimum wage. Not good
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Unprofessional
Loughton branch is probably the most enjoyable and inclusive team i have ever worked with. I'm sad to have gone but I know that I have a place there at any time.
Place was unbelievably unhygienic and most employees never washed their hands. The training is non existent and bad organisation with poor management. Many food hygiene and food safety issues.
They’re more like a family at every store the environment is very fun and friendly, unfortunately paid rate is quite low for under 21’s yet the work is at same level for all. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Pros
Free pizzas
Cons
Low pay rates
I didn’t enjoy working at papa johns staff was horrible, underpaid, threaten to fire you if you don’t learn to make something within many days. They except you to learn fast.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Bad management
  1. Employee reviews