Paperchase logo
Paperchase

Paperchase Employee Reviews

Great team and Manager

I was made redundant unfortunately due to Covid. But i would of happily stayed at paperchase for longer, as it was great to work there, the people were great and the manager made sure the shop floor looked great as well as the staff having a good time. Fully enjoyed my time there!

Pros

Hours are good

Cons

If you work 5hours you dont get a break

Friendly and supportive

Everyone was really friendly and the management very supportive. Even though I was there only as a Christmas temp the team were very welcoming and friendly to me. Really good, inclusive and motivating work environment.

Pros

Discounts

Overall management

Management was not supporters enough, pay was low. Couldn't get more hours, mangers care more about them self and not their stuffs There are no opportunities to go up in the business.

Pros

My team was great meet new friends

Cons

Wanted more hour

Pretty chilled warehouse

A relaxed atmosphere and not too much hassle from supervisors just don’t expect much praise for your contribution at the end of your shift. Can be a bummer when the drinks vending machine is out of order when you come in at the start of your shift. Very dated MHE.

Pros

Good work colleagues.

Cons

Can be very dusty.

Bullied to within an inch of my life

I was warned about the Glasgow management team and their penchant for bullying. I thought I could handle it...Paperchase, the worst 3 months imaginable. Was told by HR to keep a diary of events, which I did. I was let go at the 3 month stage, Quoting my boss, "It has nothing to do with your ability to do the job. You're very talented" Glasgow Visual merchandisers you've been warned!!

Pros

Cons

Still employing bullies

Perfect first job

I really enjoyed working for Paperchase. It was a great experience and a perfect first job. My colleagues were lovely and my manager was great. Would definitely recommend.

fun colourful and happy

Working for paper chase was so much fun with all the fun and quirky products. The company is great to work for they really care about their staff and try to do the best by them as much as they can. every store has a fun environment which makes a great place to work.

Pros

great discount

Cons

some customers can be unpleasant

busy, relaxed, mainly enjoyable

Good place to work, sometimes rather unorganised, it can be busy and stressful at times, being alone on the shop floor is usually a regular occurrence and can sometimes be difficult

A very good company to work for.

A fast paced environment. Intelligent and highly motivated staff helped by the excellent manager. There was a great deal of support from the Area Manager too when the manager was off sick long term due to a serious illness. Customers were very nice generally speaking which helped.

Paperchase

Typical day was busy. Management was good. Workplace culture was clean and tidy. Most enjoyable part of working there was seeing all the new stock coming in.

Jobs at Paperchase

See more jobs

Ambiente lavorativo stimolante

I negozi Paperchase sono molto stimolanti soprattutto nel periodo natalizio, vista la vendita di decorazioni natalizie classiche e non.

A nice environment to work in

A nice environment to work in, staff are lovely. A friendly environment with many customers to help and lots of jobs that can keep you busy in the store !

great management and friends.

Relaxed environment but one that encourages you to work to the best of your ability. Supportive management and supervisors and colleagues. Learned about visual merchandising, and encouraging people to set up points cards. Hardest part of the job is over Christmas or school holidays due to the increase in tourism at Cheshire Oaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different types of customer from young to old and different interests which you can start conversation with them from what they're buying e.g. lots of craft things. The other members of staff also make it very enjoyable.

Fun, fast place to work

A great employer in the retail sector. Friendly culture from the top to the bottom. A decent work life balance although the demands around festive periods was quite intense.

Job isn't bad but the managers are

The management bully the workers they don't like, shout at you in front of colleagues and when the colleagues try to stand up for you they are shut down too. Many people kept leaving because of the management but obviously nothing will be done about that. The work and pay were not so bad though.

Very poor work life balance, poor pay

Very poor work life balance, poor pay, no bonuses, management not supportive, never appreciated, extra long hours, never took all my overtime hours back, changes in rota even few times a week.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

The list is too long

Good starting point for retail

I feel that Paperchase is the perfect place to gain retail experience as it's not too intense or stressful. I was taught everything I needed to know on my first day.

Fun and offers room for growth

Love the products we sell. Grateful for the opportunity for self-development. Loved my team and the location which I worked. Customers are friendly and help work seem less like work.

Didn’t work there long

The company was fine to work for. Was only there a couple weeks as I had another job and it was too much for me but the time I spent there was good. A bit boring but nice people.

Friendly, Nice Place To Work.

Paperchase is a good company to work for, the staff are very friendly, large staff discount and enjoyable day to day work. Pros: 50% staff discount, friendly team, easy day. Cons: not great pay, can be long shifts.

no development

not balanced workload no personal or career development not paid overtimes no trainings provide no support from area manager poor stock allocation not much access to improve things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paperchase. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement