ParcelForce Worldwide

ParcelForce Worldwide Employee Reviews

United Kingdom130 reviews

parceldepotdrivervandeliverydeliveragencyrole

Good company

Easy work. Good pay. Good management, staff car park, Good canteen. Lots of over time , Christmas period double pay for 6 weeks. Good admin support.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Good money, varied work and good management.

Inclding my tme as an agency worker, I have worked at Parcelforce for over five years. I really enjoy my job. There of different roles, and, generally speaking, we're given the oppotunity to try all of them, and select the one we want to do, and swap with someone if need to. Most of the mangement are competent, and treat everyone with respect, irrespective of whether they are directly employed by the company, or by an employment agency. If you turn up, get on with your work and don't take the p**s on your break, they pretty much leave you alone. I have worked in a lot of places, mostly Warehouses, and I can honestly say that this is the best job that I've ever had.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Unsocial hours

Insights into ParcelForce Worldwide

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor job, poor management at the LDN East Depot.

You are over worked, moaned at and penalised for taking too long to load your vehicle ( you get 30-45 minutes to sort through 160 parcels).When you express your opinions and views your shut down and told that it’s part of your job and to stop moaning.The DCM of one of the teams at LDN East depot has never even done the job before (he doesn’t even have a driving license!). I’m not sure how they can justify putting someone in charge that has never experienced delivery driving before and expect them to understand drivers being overloaded/taking long to load, how long it takes to deliver/find parcels in the back of the van etc.Overall poor experience at PFW.Can’t wait to leave, I strongly recommend anyone thinking about getting a job here NOT to bother.

Awfully managed workplace

Not a fun place to work, moods are all very low, no duty of care for staff, management do not care about staff. Bully tactics and sweary attitude to get staff to do more than expected.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

No duty of care

Lack of professionalism

Work as a driver via Agency 1 ) Some managers have an attitude problem 2) Over loading of parcels with lack of planning 3) Start shift at 8am arrive back home at 8:30pm long days 4) Lack of support when it comes to vehicle breakdowns or mechanical issues such as loose break disc, faulty electrics. Boxes over safety (Red Flag)5) Management blames the individual driver rather than take responsibility as a whole

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours, managers, dirty vans

Very busy

Only there for 4 months was ok fast paced long hours some managers had a bad attitude other drivers very helpful not enough office staff to sort out the drivers

One of the best

Best parcel delivery company I’ve worked for and I’ve worked for a majority of them.Turn up do your job and you’ll have no problems.Management are easy to deal withGood work force (mostly)

Pros

Good place to work Don’t have to work weekends

Cons

Pay could be better

busy work, computer system needs major overhaul as conflicts with delivery PDA system

long hours, but well paid if you out the hours in. Often paid extra for working past the 8 hour day, so end up doing additional 4 hours overtime every day often 7-7+

Pros

good wage

Cons

12 hour days minimum

Physical work

Was gud place to work smash your delivers and then do your collections nobody bothers you. Then covid starts all the online orders through the roof same hrs same money but high workload . Lot of lifting heavy boxes climbing stairs buildings with no lift.I don't think it will be good as before started montioringur location throught ur duty time.

Pros

Gud benefits and monthly salaries no weekends paid meal break

Cons

Lot of walking lifting

Absolutely awful

Management are completely unsupportive, you are just a number to them and they care more about the stats than your wellbeing. My mental health took a turn for the worse, I spoke to my manager about this and although he initially appeared to be supportive, it became apparent that myself and other colleagues were not valued and expected to just "get on with it."

Cons

No flexibility, stagnant management, minimal training, no progression opportunities, half an hour lunch break

Manual, independent working and structured time keeping.

Take pride in your own work.Promote self positive standards.Be flexible and light hearted Hard work and fairly rewarding.Prepare to learn independently.

Pros

On the job learning, secure employment, good hard work ethic

Cons

Long hours, can be stressful to accomplish work on time, fast paced manual work

Good Pay

The job can be quite tedious and sometimes tiring but overall very flexible, easy to get the hang of and the pay gets better after 3 months of work. Quite good pay can’t complain

Pros

Salary

Cons

Heavy lifting

Bully’s ville

Used to be a good place, but gradually the pressure on the drivers increased, more and more bullying, 60 plus hours a week and still asked to work weekends, 11 hours days chasing timed delivery’s and collections and still expected to deliver 70-80+ delivery’s in a massive area. Management are liars and bully’s and only care about their figures and performance, constantly try to make drivers do more and more work, then trying to make them feel guilty when they don’t. Keep telling you your getting a good wage when really there’s much better paid jobs with better working conditions out there.

Pros

Uniform and holidays

Cons

Long hours and bullying

Stressful place to work.

I worked for Parcelforce for just over a year. Started off great whilst I was with an agency. They then offered me a Saturday contract "as a way to get me on the books" so they don't have to pay an agency fee to hire you. They promised me work Monday to Saturday and said that I could take a day off within the week if I wanted. That lasted a couple of months and then they started telling me I wasn't needed. I had a total of 7 days work in a month! I told them it wasn't sustainable and that I needed more work. Then, they asked me to come in and work 4am-8am, off-loading the trailers. That then soon dried up. I was forced to look elsewhere.The actual work is stressful. You must keep to the time window or you lose out on a lot of money and management moan at you. You are forced to break the law by speeding so you hit the time windows. You will be expected to take out anywhere from 80-150 parcels and get back at 6:30pm at the latest. If you get back early, they tell you to go out and do some collections. You never feel appreciated even when you bend over backwards for them and you quickly learn that you are just a money maker for them.You will often work 10-12 hours everyday and are forced to work through your breaks to hit the time windows.

Pros

Pay can be good if you speed and don't take a break.

Cons

Long hours, Underappreciated, Management don't care

Great pay, easy work no job security

I worked in Tonbridge depot for about 9 months as an agency worker. The job offered great pay for the job that I did and I had a lot of flexibility in combination with my main job. The people I worked with including management were great/all right (well 99% of them as there was one individual who complained about everything). My shift manager was very supportive and the hours I had were perfect as well a the job location. The only thing I could complain about was lack of job security and no possibility to get permanent contract (also the regional management who decided to get rid of staff during busy period despite huge profits are a joke)

Pros

Pay, flexibility, most of coworkers and depot management

Cons

Lack of long term job opportunities

Hard working,stressfull

Working for an agency,both management and parcelforce staff,treat you as 2nd rate.Even though you end up with all the more physicall and demanding jobs

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Looked at as disposable workforce

Awful

There is so much that goes on behind the scenes that u would not believe. This company is wrong on so many levels, u get treated awfully!! Certain members of staff are the managers 'favourites' these people do not have to lift a finger at all. The harder u work, the more work will be expected of u. U will be stabbed in the back by all members of senior staff. Horrible place to work, STAY AWAY

Pros

Its a job

poor management

poor management treat you terrible constantly at you whilst out delivering vans are full of dents and defects depot is full of smashed parcels and they throw parcels into cages and give them to drivers to deliver which is embarrasing when you deliver parcels smashed and taped together if you face doesnt fit they give you the worst places to deliver to and heavy parcels if anyone has a crash blameworth or not they sack you and replace you

Pros

pay is good

Cons

long hours, health and safety non existant, 10 to 12 hours a day

Very poor management

Very poor management if you're face fits it's ok very stressful just to deliver parcels while the managers sit around and go for cigarette all the time

Pros

Cons

Bad depot manager

Hard Work with Good pay

It’s a fun place to work but it is very hard work.The management are fair.The pay is good.The vehicles they provide are quite old and sometimes break down on your round!!

Pros

Start early/ Finish early

Cons

The vehicles they provide are in bad condition

Supportive Management

Hands on approachable team with time to support and coach in the role.On hand to provide a stress free environment and provide all of the correct equipment to carry out the job effectively

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParcelForce Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement