PAREXEL

PAREXEL Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom43 reviews

Repetitive work

It was a nice enough place to work but if you were liked by managers you progressed if not you didn't. There was a relatively high turnaround of staff though as they expected a lot of unpaid overtime.

A very great place to work. Okay

The support from management is excellent. Working time is good. There are opportunities to have experience in every studies and clinical trials. And has a good working team environment

Pros

Team working is good

Cons

Travel time and parking

Insights into PAREXEL

What people like
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Nice colleagues but management, pay and career progession is not good.

Worked with some amazing colleagues and learnt a lot during my time.But there's very little room for progression, after applying internally for various positions, it would take a long time for the recruiting team to get back and provide feedback (Usually after a month they would reply back indicating that they decided to choose another candidate). Loyalty and experience within the company is not valued. Did not have a pay rise in 2 years. Management tend to not replace colleagues who have moved on, meaning you often get left with extra work and long hours. Management set un-realistic goals, trying to get better results with less people?! If new people do get hired, you have to train them, meaning more time away from your work - Then questions get asked.

Pros

Lovely Colleagues

Cons

Management Decisions

Dare if you will

Fast paced environment: good for learning and time management skills. Work - life balance: very poor. You will be required to work early and finish very late. You will be asked to work weekends too. While managers go home early or work from whever they like. Only 2 staff during night shift: volunteers are unsafe during the night Training: no proper training, no proper trainor. Bias and favouritism: manager tend to lean on favourites.

Pros

Fast paced, good for exercise

Cons

Favouritism

Busy, multi-study workload. Good Team spirit and support

Busy, multi-study (2-3) workload with additional . Lot's of travelling. Good Team spirit and support. Disappointing when the buy-over happened in 2017 - with little information to employees before the announcement and a rapid reundancy process.

Not willing to share

Not willing to share and as 150 characters minimum for this field: Not so I don't understsand why you are forcing me to write something I'm not willing to tell you

Was a good place to work and learn

Enjoyable most of the time and well paid. Some stressful periods. Management capabilities varied greatly over my time working here. Went from being a friendly, casual working atmosphere to being very corporate.

Productive, yet stressful and fast paced

Productive, yet stressful and fast paced. Parexel offers a range of services to the bio pharmaceutical industries, so working in the company gives a good understanding of the clinical research industry.

Excellent place for career building

Parexel is a fantastic place to build and grow your career. The culture is ever evolving. This is the place to be if you're keen a very fast paced environment with a heavy workload and high expectations. They will support you to help you thrive and gain the experience you need. However, the strategic direction has been lacking and changes as often as you change your clothes. There needs a vision and a path to execution.

Not relevant to finding a new role

Not relevant to finding a new role and prefer not to say The approach to obtain information about an ex-employer makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel my time is better spent focusing on finding a new role. Have you contacted PAREXEL to inform them you are asking these questions to ex-employees?

Snr Director Presales

Day to day management of SE team and sales operations. Good company with clear vision. Great culture and leadership team. An enjoyable position to hold during my employment.

great place to work if you're healthy

If you're perfectly healthy or only physically disabled they are fantastic to work for. They seem to look after you, if you work late, you get a taxi home if you don't drive, the canteen system is great. good location for commuting to the city. If you're unfortunate enough to have an "invisible" illness, be prepared for a struggle. Especially if you have frequent but short periods of sickness. on the surface they appear to care but actually it feels like they're trying to find a way to push you out of the door

Pros

free taxi home if working late

Cons

don't be disabled

Productive and busy work place

A very productive environment. I learnt so much working at PAREXEL. Started as a Research Assistant and learnt alot of skills that prepared me for my current role as a coordinator. Progression is available with in the company if you challenge yourself and develop the needed skills. The flexibility within some divisions is next to none , I felt so supported as a single mother and never felt sidelined even once. Glad to have been a part of the wonderful family at PAREXEL harrow.

Pros

Excellent management who are always there, proactive and understanding

Satisfactory

Busy work day Quality management review was good Learnt many aspects of Protocols and multiple sponsor handling workplace is busy as this is CRO Overall good experience

Pros

Learning lot on different projects

Cons

No specific lunch timings

innovative, dynamic

A very dynamic environment, with flexibility within some divisions and potential for progression if you are prepared to challenge yourself and learn new skills.

Pros

Great benefits, really brilliant people to work with

Great staff to work with, awesome work environment

Although my experience at Parexel was a short one due to being a temp worker through an agency, I thoroughly enjoyed myself working in their close-knit team. Management were friendly and easy to approach although there were quite a few managers in charge of a rather small staff team which meant that they often crossed over in and out of their general role to assist in projects and meet targets which can be confusing when trying to grasp who you are supposed to take orders from or who you are to report to and also often ended up in miscommunication issues. I would suggest a rethink with how management and associates operate on a day to day basis. The atmosphere of the office was a jovial one and there was a great sense of being part of a solid team. The general feeling was of a unit all aiming to "get the job done". I feel that the training was too intense and short for the job role considering they were employing people without a need for prior experience in that field but expecting immediate targets to be reached and that put quite a lot of un-needed stress on new recruits to perform instead of to learn and adapt organically. If the opportunity were to present itself, I would certainly work at Parexel again and would suggest anyone who enjoys events planning based work and being able to micro-manage yourself to look into a role at Parexel.

Pros

job satisfaction, worldwide travel, possible job progression

Cons

short training for the level of expection in results over a short period

Fast paced and dynamic

The day is never predictable there is always something to keep you on your toes. The management team are vey effective and proactive. I have learned to cost projects effectively

Pros

Dynamic

Nice place to work

I enjoyed working there, it was a friendly, collegiate atmosphere. The place has changed a lot since I worked there though, I understand that most people now work remotely most of the time.

Summary

Its a very nice place to work feels like a family and a second home, however, the pay is not that great and there is no progression, therefore, most people leave after a couple of years.

Excellent learning curve

A professional and productive environment to work in with good training and much skills learned. Can be pressured with work deadlines. Flexible working hours and focus on work life balance.

Fun and Friendly workplace

I worked in all departments for my work experience so I don't get paid. I loved every moment and the people you work with are very friendly and easy to talk to also very organised

Pros

Friendly Workers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAREXEL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement