PAREXEL

PAREXEL Job security & advancement reviews

Parexel is a fantastic place to build and grow your career. The culture is ever evolving. This is the place to be if you're keen a very fast paced environment with a heavy workload and high expectations. They will support you to help you thrive and gain the experience you need. However, the strategic direction has been lacking and changes as often as you change your clothes. There needs a vision and a path to execution.
Worked with some amazing colleagues and learnt a lot during my time.But there's very little room for progression, after applying internally for various positions, it would take a long time for the recruiting team to get back and provide feedback (Usually after a month they would reply back indicating that they decided to choose another candidate). Loyalty and experience within the company is not valued. Did not have a pay rise in 2 years. Management tend to not replace colleagues who have moved on, meaning you often get left with extra work and long hours. Management set un-realistic goals, trying to get better results with less people?! If new people do get hired, you have to train them, meaning more time away from your work - Then questions get asked.
Pros
Lovely Colleagues
Cons
Management Decisions
Not relevant to finding a new role and prefer not to say The approach to obtain information about an ex-employer makes me feel uncomfortable. I feel my time is better spent focusing on finding a new role. Have you contacted PAREXEL to inform them you are asking these questions to ex-employees?
Day to day management of SE team and sales operations. Good company with clear vision. Great culture and leadership team. An enjoyable position to hold during my employment.
A very productive environment. I learnt so much working at PAREXEL. Started as a Research Assistant and learnt alot of skills that prepared me for my current role as a coordinator. Progression is available with in the company if you challenge yourself and develop the needed skills. The flexibility within some divisions is next to none , I felt so supported as a single mother and never felt sidelined even once. Glad to have been a part of the wonderful family at PAREXEL harrow.
Pros
Excellent management who are always there, proactive and understanding
A very dynamic environment, with flexibility within some divisions and potential for progression if you are prepared to challenge yourself and learn new skills.
Pros
Great benefits, really brilliant people to work with
A professional and productive environment to work in with good training and much skills learned. Can be pressured with work deadlines. Flexible working hours and focus on work life balance.
Assigned study lead for a Sponsor and attending study setup meetings with sponsor in attendence. Compiling recruitment strategy, target of volunteer population and study documents. Database searches, communcating with volunteers and other departments within the study team. Mentoring and training on study specifics. Reporting to line manager and other managers within the unit on recruitment issues pertaining to problem solving and resolution. Screening of potential volunteers and confirming appointments verbally and via email, all in accordance to protocol and ethic approved literature. Knowing that utilising extensive knowledge and interpersonal skills resulted in providing accurate information and customer satisfaction. Overall management was satifstory however due to the business needs there was a high level of department changes. The culture of Parexel was harmonised and brought together talent and skills to make a successful environment. The hardest challenges as part of my job was to ensure that targets were met when dealing with complex protocols that required specific patient populations that had to be recruited for within budgeted timelines. Great satisfaction was working with my direct team and communicating with volunteers in person and via telephone and email building up good working relationships which enhanced my job.
Pros
Benefit scheme
Cons
Management Stability
Good working environment allowing employees to move departments/sectors and expand on their skills. New challenge are always available to undertake. Flexible hours when needed.
Working at parexel has been fun and interesting as well as productive. Learnt a lot and willing to learn and develop more in my next journey.
great company to work for and great people, workload very high.. flexible working. learnt lots in this job and wouldn't be where I am without all the experience I have encountered.
Pros
great people, postive culture
Cons
benefits and salary below market rate
A great company to work for. There is no such thing as a typical day at PAREXEL. No day is the same and this make worklife very interesting for employees
On a daily basis I deal with requests to update a specific Client's database with necessary update, amendments etc from colleagues from various locations worldwide. I also work through reports which are received on a weekly basis and compare the information on two different systems match. If not issues are raised to the relevant team members for resolution. Having worked with the same Company for numerous years I've learned how to multitask between different tasks as well as working on various studies throughout the day many of which are for different Clients. I feel I've managed my workload very well and priortise on a daily baiss. I've built good working relationships with all my colleagues weather they be located in the same office as myself or different locations. The most demanding part of my job is managing liasing with colleagues from different locations in finding resolution for issues that arise due to time difference but the majority of the time these are resolved in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my role is being able to work with a diverse large team of colleagues and knowing that we've built up a good working relationship and understand each others needs so each can complete their jobs in a timely manner.
Life at Parexel MMS was varied and stimulating. There was no typical day, as the nature of the work meant I could, for example, be working on planning and drawing together presentations for a symposium, reviewing manuscripts for journal submission, working on a publication plan, or developing content for a website. I might also be reviewing editors' work and work loads, or preparing for a regular client meeting. The people at Parexel MMS were friendly yet professional, and cooperative to work with and along side. Occasionally, it was necessary to put in long hours for a week or two in order to get a particular job done and done well. At these times, keeping on top of a number of different projects was a challenge. The best parts of the job were being able to work with some dedicated medical professionals and when we received praise and appreciation from satisfied clients. When I worked at Parexel MMS I also enjoyed traveling on business to different parts of the world.
Pros
Stimulating work and work environment
Cons
Occasional antisocial hours