PAREXEL

PAREXEL Management reviews

Day to day management of SE team and sales operations. Good company with clear vision. Great culture and leadership team. An enjoyable position to hold during my employment.
Worked with some amazing colleagues and learnt a lot during my time.But there's very little room for progression, after applying internally for various positions, it would take a long time for the recruiting team to get back and provide feedback (Usually after a month they would reply back indicating that they decided to choose another candidate). Loyalty and experience within the company is not valued. Did not have a pay rise in 2 years. Management tend to not replace colleagues who have moved on, meaning you often get left with extra work and long hours. Management set un-realistic goals, trying to get better results with less people?! If new people do get hired, you have to train them, meaning more time away from your work - Then questions get asked.
Pros
Lovely Colleagues
Cons
Management Decisions
Fast paced environment: good for learning and time management skills. Work - life balance: very poor. You will be required to work early and finish very late. You will be asked to work weekends too. While managers go home early or work from whever they like. Only 2 staff during night shift: volunteers are unsafe during the night Training: no proper training, no proper trainor. Bias and favouritism: manager tend to lean on favourites.
Pros
Fast paced, good for exercise
Cons
Favouritism
Enjoyable most of the time and well paid. Some stressful periods. Management capabilities varied greatly over my time working here. Went from being a friendly, casual working atmosphere to being very corporate.
A very productive environment. I learnt so much working at PAREXEL. Started as a Research Assistant and learnt alot of skills that prepared me for my current role as a coordinator. Progression is available with in the company if you challenge yourself and develop the needed skills. The flexibility within some divisions is next to none , I felt so supported as a single mother and never felt sidelined even once. Glad to have been a part of the wonderful family at PAREXEL harrow.
Pros
Excellent management who are always there, proactive and understanding
Busy work day Quality management review was good Learnt many aspects of Protocols and multiple sponsor handling workplace is busy as this is CRO Overall good experience
Pros
Learning lot on different projects
Cons
No specific lunch timings
Although my experience at Parexel was a short one due to being a temp worker through an agency, I thoroughly enjoyed myself working in their close-knit team. Management were friendly and easy to approach although there were quite a few managers in charge of a rather small staff team which meant that they often crossed over in and out of their general role to assist in projects and meet targets which can be confusing when trying to grasp who you are supposed to take orders from or who you are to report to and also often ended up in miscommunication issues. I would suggest a rethink with how management and associates operate on a day to day basis. The atmosphere of the office was a jovial one and there was a great sense of being part of a solid team. The general feeling was of a unit all aiming to "get the job done". I feel that the training was too intense and short for the job role considering they were employing people without a need for prior experience in that field but expecting immediate targets to be reached and that put quite a lot of un-needed stress on new recruits to perform instead of to learn and adapt organically. If the opportunity were to present itself, I would certainly work at Parexel again and would suggest anyone who enjoys events planning based work and being able to micro-manage yourself to look into a role at Parexel.
Pros
job satisfaction, worldwide travel, possible job progression
Cons
short training for the level of expection in results over a short period
The day is never predictable there is always something to keep you on your toes. The management team are vey effective and proactive. I have learned to cost projects effectively
Pros
Dynamic
Cons
Assigned study lead for a Sponsor and attending study setup meetings with sponsor in attendence. Compiling recruitment strategy, target of volunteer population and study documents. Database searches, communcating with volunteers and other departments within the study team. Mentoring and training on study specifics. Reporting to line manager and other managers within the unit on recruitment issues pertaining to problem solving and resolution. Screening of potential volunteers and confirming appointments verbally and via email, all in accordance to protocol and ethic approved literature. Knowing that utilising extensive knowledge and interpersonal skills resulted in providing accurate information and customer satisfaction. Overall management was satifstory however due to the business needs there was a high level of department changes. The culture of Parexel was harmonised and brought together talent and skills to make a successful environment. The hardest challenges as part of my job was to ensure that targets were met when dealing with complex protocols that required specific patient populations that had to be recruited for within budgeted timelines. Great satisfaction was working with my direct team and communicating with volunteers in person and via telephone and email building up good working relationships which enhanced my job.
Pros
Benefit scheme
Cons
Management Stability
No healthy cuture , lot of micro management . Hike is really low . Managers sucks big time The work culture is pathetic , no good quality of work as well . Young developers are very few .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PAREXEL?
Interesting but demanding environment to work. New opportunities are constantly emerging but the staff turnover rate is high as long hours and extreme dedication is encouraged.
On a daily basis i work closely with management and Project Financial Analysts dealing with clients in the Pharmacuetical industry.I find my role is ever developing, and continues to challenge my goals.I work within a friendly and effective team environment that work effectivly together to gain positive results. I enjoy meeting new people at PAREXEL.The most enjoyable part of my job would be acheiving overall goals i set myself personally which in all helps the comapny go forward.I like to make a difference.
Pros
get an option to travel