PAREXEL

PAREXEL Work-life balance reviews

Day to day management of SE team and sales operations. Good company with clear vision. Great culture and leadership team. An enjoyable position to hold during my employment.
Worked with some amazing colleagues and learnt a lot during my time.But there's very little room for progression, after applying internally for various positions, it would take a long time for the recruiting team to get back and provide feedback (Usually after a month they would reply back indicating that they decided to choose another candidate). Loyalty and experience within the company is not valued. Did not have a pay rise in 2 years. Management tend to not replace colleagues who have moved on, meaning you often get left with extra work and long hours. Management set un-realistic goals, trying to get better results with less people?! If new people do get hired, you have to train them, meaning more time away from your work - Then questions get asked.
Pros
Lovely Colleagues
Cons
Management Decisions
Fast paced environment: good for learning and time management skills. Work - life balance: very poor. You will be required to work early and finish very late. You will be asked to work weekends too. While managers go home early or work from whever they like. Only 2 staff during night shift: volunteers are unsafe during the night Training: no proper training, no proper trainor. Bias and favouritism: manager tend to lean on favourites.
Pros
Fast paced, good for exercise
Cons
Favouritism
A very dynamic environment, with flexibility within some divisions and potential for progression if you are prepared to challenge yourself and learn new skills.
Pros
Great benefits, really brilliant people to work with
The day is never predictable there is always something to keep you on your toes. The management team are vey effective and proactive. I have learned to cost projects effectively
Pros
Dynamic
Cons
A professional and productive environment to work in with good training and much skills learned. Can be pressured with work deadlines. Flexible working hours and focus on work life balance.
Assigned study lead for a Sponsor and attending study setup meetings with sponsor in attendence. Compiling recruitment strategy, target of volunteer population and study documents. Database searches, communcating with volunteers and other departments within the study team. Mentoring and training on study specifics. Reporting to line manager and other managers within the unit on recruitment issues pertaining to problem solving and resolution. Screening of potential volunteers and confirming appointments verbally and via email, all in accordance to protocol and ethic approved literature. Knowing that utilising extensive knowledge and interpersonal skills resulted in providing accurate information and customer satisfaction. Overall management was satifstory however due to the business needs there was a high level of department changes. The culture of Parexel was harmonised and brought together talent and skills to make a successful environment. The hardest challenges as part of my job was to ensure that targets were met when dealing with complex protocols that required specific patient populations that had to be recruited for within budgeted timelines. Great satisfaction was working with my direct team and communicating with volunteers in person and via telephone and email building up good working relationships which enhanced my job.
Pros
Benefit scheme
Cons
Management Stability
Excellent place to work, varied role and a lot of interaction with all the business units. Month End and Quarter End were always busy, but the team delivered accurate results in these busy times.
Interesting but demanding environment to work. New opportunities are constantly emerging but the staff turnover rate is high as long hours and extreme dedication is encouraged.
Check emails and prioritise workload. Coordinate and organise meetings and book meeting rooms, arrange WiFi access for guests and hotel accommodation. Respond to email with requested information. Follow-up on telephone messages Update trackers and documents are necessary. File documents into e-folder for everyone to access if required. I enjoy all aspects of the job. The hardest part is probably coordinating on-line meetings with people from all over the world in different time zones.
Pros
The ability to work flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
Cons
A great company to work for. There is no such thing as a typical day at PAREXEL. No day is the same and this make worklife very interesting for employees
Reviewing ongoing project work Co-workers are very quiet and reserved Lot of paper work to complete Work can be done 9-5, rarely need to do overtime
Life at Parexel MMS was varied and stimulating. There was no typical day, as the nature of the work meant I could, for example, be working on planning and drawing together presentations for a symposium, reviewing manuscripts for journal submission, working on a publication plan, or developing content for a website. I might also be reviewing editors' work and work loads, or preparing for a regular client meeting. The people at Parexel MMS were friendly yet professional, and cooperative to work with and along side. Occasionally, it was necessary to put in long hours for a week or two in order to get a particular job done and done well. At these times, keeping on top of a number of different projects was a challenge. The best parts of the job were being able to work with some dedicated medical professionals and when we received praise and appreciation from satisfied clients. When I worked at Parexel MMS I also enjoyed traveling on business to different parts of the world.
Pros
Stimulating work and work environment
Cons
Occasional antisocial hours
My office hours are from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with flexability allowed. I assistant the project managers in all administration tasks i.e from EC documentation to ISF maintanence. I have learnt to work in a team and manage my time more effectively. I work with a small team but can adapt to a bigger or smaller team but also not a problem working on my own. The hardest part of my job at present is trying to resolve the amount of emails that one recieves in a day. I would prefer to go see the staff member or call for a meeting. This is still in progress.
Pros
I have been with the company for 6 years.
Cons
Financial