Parking Eye
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Parking Eye Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

Remote working on quite sites

Working alone on remote sites travelling between several different locations. Very little input from managers so left to your own devises which is fine. Monitoring sites, liaising with local customers and fixing equipment are the only problem solving requirements. Good job if a little uninteresting after a while.

Pros

Good local customers

Cons

Lone working

Amazing place to work as long as you happy never to progress

It is honestly a great place to work. Management is kind and friendly, and the overall atmosphere is great. However, it is challenging to progress and almost impossible to get into specific departments unless you suck up to the right people and play their mean girl games.

Insights into Parking Eye

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energising work tasks

Poor

Workaholic culture, too many processes and red tape make things very difficult to get done. Unmanageable workload. Lots of jargon and ridiculous expectations. You're held accountable at every single minute, little trust

Poor leadership lacking direction

Clueless leadership since being sold by capita. Major lack of investment in departments causing many key staff to leave. Directors just circling waiting for the pay off when the current owners sell. Zero care given to staff, treated like door mats.

Pros

Remote working

Cons

Treated like door mats

Underpaid for the expectations and hard work

Very fast paced and stressful to meet the targets and if you don’t they don’t take excuses or explainations .Had good benefits such as perks at work,rewards scheme and home working.All very nice staff apart from mangers definitely have their favourites and if your not part of the lucky group you don’t get their time of day.Due to home working and the pandemic I never met any of the team apart from the very nice trainer I had. No room for progression really as like I said earlier they have their favourites and one of the managers only got the role due to nepotism. Wouldn’t recommend as I got fired and I feel like I’ve been unfairly treated and didn’t really get a chance to prove or show improvement even though I was always in the top 5 in terms of daily stats.

A review.

Unfortunately things slowed down due to the pandemic and they never got off the ground again. Some managers just didn't have a view of the direction so work dried up.

Pros

Friendly place to work.

Cons

Lack of leadership and direction. Playing the blame game rather than rectifying the root causes.

Really great place to work. Lots to do, opportunity to learn and move departments. We all work hard, but we have fun too. Lots of decent, genuine people work here. Some fab managers. Good training.

Pros

staff benefits

Cons

we work hard!

Fun yet busy and really team orientated. Team working. Good people. Nice and positive culture. Lots of focus on health and wellbeing. Responded really well to Covid. Lots of staff benefits.

Dumped

I was just dumped on a car park to explain the overly complicated method of parking they use.There was shelter on site but was not allowed to use it.Not allowed to do any enforcement so I was little more than a walking signpost. Had no authority at all on site so there was no real point in being there.

Pros

Free parking. No one noticed if you wander off into town for an hour.

Cons

Outside in all weather. No parking enforcement powers. No real purpose for being there.

Accommodating, welcoming, supporting

Fabulous company to work for. The culture and ethos is very family oriented and from day one I was made to feel very much part of the family. Management was very supportive and inclusive.

productive and very stats based

This company gets the most from its staff, by having daily productivity raisers. It has a lot of opportunities to move to another department if you are successfull in interviews. Doesnt seem to be biast in that way. As expected a young keen workforce who seek to progress their career, no slackers and daily targets are strictly enforced to keep the workforce keen.

Pros

near

Good solid company to work for, professional in every aspect.

If you like to see a bit of this fine country of ours this is the job for you. Work /life balance not fantastic but the work is interesting enough. Good people to work with on a whole. For a company that has been going for a relatively short time they seem to be well organised.

Pros

Fantastic overnight stays at great hotels

Cons

More suited for single people.

Great company

Loved working here. I would go back if could. Always good to staff and treat great. Make sure you have everything you need from equipment to uniform. Pay great and always there when you need them.

Pros

Training constantly upto date.

Cons

Weather can be gruelling.

Growing company

I worked there on a contract basis and so cannot comment on advancement within the company. However, many of the staff have worked there for years and so the treatment of staff must be ok. The business is in a growth sector and so I consider there to be job security.

Worst job ever had

The management were about as much use as a cat flap on a submarine. Thrown in at he deepend. No training given and no talking to others when requiring assistance. All in all a sh#thole.

Do not work here!

I have never worked for such poor company in my life. The management is absolutely shocking, very unprofessional and they make it very obvious if they don't like you. It's difficult to move about/ progress in the company as management seem to know who they want before you even get interviewed. It's very much a click and your face gas to fit

fun workplace

patrolling a busy retail park issuing parking charges to drivers abusing parking restrictions management are superb and always on hand need to be self motivated

Pros

work on your own initiative

Cons

working in the rain

Excellent Workplace

ParkingEye LTD are a brilliant company to work for and an excellent place to start out. With a low salary you'll only be able to work there for a short period of time.

Benefits

Cons

Salary

Easy but judgemental workplace

The work is fun and easy to do day in day out but management can have their favourites and if they want to find an issue with your work...they won't stop until they do. Also not the best with dealing with disabilities at the first sight - usually have to involve HR to sort anything beneficial out.

Pros

Bonus - this just makes the salary look better though

Cons

not everyone works as a team including management -

Strong teams with weak leaders

Camaraderie within the office is surprisingly good for such a large company - many lasting frienships are formed and disputes between departments are minimal and the teams support and mentor each other well. I will go on to talk about problems with the business but overtime is rewarded well when it is offered and there are many of the typical benefits you associate with office based work IE ride to work scheme and salary sacrifice for increased holidays etc. The management structure and the fact that this business has had very successful profits (as the market leader) for a long time has led to a lot of ego issues within the management which led to bad attitudes towards progress and unchecked authority. Various morale reports and efforts were taken by management during my time there and the feedback from staff was generally declining in each. Wage were stagnant as profit soared and staff turnover was increasing in all sections of the business during my time.

Avoid

Absolutely shambolic, be warned do not be prepared to waste 3 hours of your life unless your time is not precious. These guys are the worst I have ever had any involvement with and I have had the pleasure of some shocking companies. The fact they exist is surely down to having the power to rip people off. AVOID like the plague

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parking Eye. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement