Parkside logo
Parkside

Parkside Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

productive

great work place, management was well organised. Workers work hard. Management is understanding and helpful. The clients were delightful to work with. Would recommend.

Parkside

It was a community acton programme, there was no pay and it was voluntary. It lasted only for roughly 3 weeks so there wasn't much experience to gain.

Great place

Parkside is a great place to work. I previously worked at Parkside for a number of years and i came back because of the company and the people. The job itself is fast paced and can have its stressful moments along with its banter and fun times.

This is a fun, fast and slow paced place to work.

Great place to work, fantastic staff,the costumers are the best,it has a lovely veiw over the park,but sometimes you will be to busy to see it,the staff are great to work with.

Fun, uplifting!

Initial thought - great culture, great service users, active timetable. Support Workers aren't paid sickness or holiday pay. Management do get this though. Support workers have to work bank holidays whilst management off. Support workers don't get lunch breaks, sometimes you run out of time supporting SU's with their food that you miss yours as the next activity starts Rigid timetables Most enjoyable part is supporting the great service users! Even if a client is 1:1, you are still asked to support more when out in the community, against risk assessments and guidelines! Be careful :)

Pros

Nice hours when in the day service

Cons

Clicky management, supervisions when your in trouble

Fun and rewarding workplace

The Culture at Parkside is very pleasent and the managment friendly, If you don't mind working with children it is a place iw ould highly reccomend. Depending on the personality of the clients you are assigned each day the work can be chalenging or stressful, but overall a good workplace.

Hard working

Doing personal care , good work place culture. working with people with challenging behaviour. Management at the time Iwas there was good but now left.

Cons

long hours 12 hour shifts, both day and night.

Positive and welcoming experience

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Parkside. I felt comfortable and welcomed by the management and all the other staff. I particularly enjoyed interacting and learning about those who have learning difficulties and those who are handicapped.

Pros

interaction with a variety of people and learning how people differ

Cons

summer play scheme only a temporary job

Exciting place to work

Within my time at Parkside I learned a lot of new skills and ways to progress on my existing skills. The workplace was friendly and hardworking which suited my style of work.

Pros

friendly

Good place to work for

I enjoyed working for Parkside very much. I loved the residents and the managers. My colleagues were all very nice and the job was very pleasant. I loved building up relationships with the residents and spending time with them. I would recommend everyone to work for Parkside.

Pros

Good job, enjoyed it

Cons

Low wages

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Parkside?

Fun workplace

Managers are really helpful and i was involved with the adult and children summer scheme. The co workers were really helpful and make you feel at ease.

Productive job with a good working environment

Parkside is a charity with a great working environment, and amazing employees, the clients can be stressful at times, however when you see the change you have made in their lives the stress is no longer important, the management are supportive and always around to help.

Pros

Satisfaction of helping others

Cons

Can be stressful with some of the clients.

Workplace

A 8-5:30 job monday to friday, Pulling different shape metal for companies that acquire it. I have almost 3 years warehouse experience including a side loader forklift license. I also can do stock count. I work with a good group, all team based.