Pavers Shoes

Pavers Shoes Employee Reviews

I love working at Pavers. Everyday is different as there are so many different daily tasks, it never gets boring. You get the chance to make use of your strengths, be it organisational skills, a flair for display or even just getting along with the general public. Overall I find it rewarding in so many ways.
Pros
I enjoy interacting with the public
Cons
Sometimes the work can be heavy going. But hey.....
Been with the company for nearly 10 years and my job roles has changed over the years. Meet different people everyday and deal with different aspects of customer service and running the store. Learning to deal with different types of management styles day in day out.
I have worked with Pavers for 8years. They have always been family oriented and go above and beyond to help when it comes to family life.They give you all opportunities to further your knowledge and career by providing courses (in beautiful places too.)The company is brilliant to work for.
Pros
Course opportunities
Cons
Not set hours and shoecare
Great job security , a family run company that has values and a culture that is open and makes you feel safe great customer service .great culture and family
Pros
Bonus family run
Cons
I have never worked for such a great company before. Feel valued, involved and important in my role within the company. Training is thorough and evolving constantly. Staff are communicated with regulary and feel like a member of one big family.Communication regularly and openly comes from the top.
Pros
Job security, great teams, good discounts, bonus.
Cons
None.
Pavers is a family business and they certainly know how to look after their staff. Throughout the lockdowns, they have kept us all up to date by means of email and live sessions on Facebook.They are very transparent about the business and so you know where you stand in these difficult times. The working environment is lovely. We all work well together and that gives the shop environment a good atmosphere which the customers enjoy.There is a lot to learn especially if this is a new field of work for someone, but it makes the job even more interesting as there is always something new to discover, whether it's what the shoes are made of to how to look after them. Also, there is a great deal of satisfaction helping customers find their perfect shoe, whether it's instore or by ordering for them in branch. Quite simply, it's a great company to work for.
I love working at Pavers. My role is consistent with the job description but I am also very excited to be able to get involved in more branches of the business. I enjoy the learning and collaboration I am getting out of the role.
Pros
Team work, collaboration, targeting
Pavers is a well established family run business. After working for them for a few weeks you feel the difference of family run and corporate. They are professional, pro active, and very production.They invest so much time into their staff. They are interested in staff having a work life balance which is very important in my eyes.Begat makes its special is no matter who visits your store they always not only make time for the manager but all the staff too.Pavers are a transparent company which I could see myself retiring in.
Pros
Being happy going to work...
Cons
All the stairs to stockroom
Over my years with Pavers it truly is a family business with strong leadership and great people. It’s hard work, challenging at times but fulfilling and rewarding. The people make the business and keep the strong family values alive. Couldn’t recommend it more.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Good company to work for, customers are loyal and friendly there is always something to do like booking in deliverys putting stock out serving customers
Pros
Discounts on shoes
Cons
I have worked for pavers for 16 years in February it is a really good fair company good pay good comunication from the bosses at the top great ensentives and opportunities it's a great family business who look after their staff
Where do I start with this company, There’s a lot of internal politics and back stabbing, employees moan and slag off each other and the company, you are sweared at over the smallest thing, it’s a face fit company with no real progression, over worked for minimum wage, wages reduced for sick days even with doctors note. No real organisation and no bonus scheme (there was one but it was taken away), No change in your role after many years of service if your a picker you’ll be picking all your life there same goes for goods in staff you’ll be stacking shoes all day every day. No pressure / telling off for staff who work at 50% or less and staff who do work at 100% are pushed to work at 120% to pick up the slack from others. Only a hand full of decent people to work and talk too. Pavers has got worse and worse every year I worked there. Happy to of found a new role in a different company.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Management are clueless, no organisation, no change in day to day work, no progression (only yes men/brown noses)
Having been with the company over the past year passing my probation I'm very impressed with the company so far. I've been valued for my contributions and ideas and the have an honest and open relationship with what feels like a family in our store. The work day is always busy if you enjoy a customer facing role with the chance to learn sales skills this is the job for you! Alongside this their is always other tasks to complete during a busy workday which will help your store succeed. The company is very open and has communicated fantastically over the course of the covid pandemic whether good news or less so and I really appreciate this openess and honesty from a very people first business. The hardest part of the job is that it is that no matter your title you are responsible for hitting sales targets as in any business. Your part in this is learning sales techniques alongside your teammates and really push yourself to hit targets on add ons and emails. This is always appreciated within the company and our store and I love sharing success with my team when they have done a great job. I enjoy my role and look forward to my future with Pavers everyday!
Pros
50% workshops, 10x30% of other shoes unlimited 10%
Love the people here, everyone is friendly, from the office to the warehouse, & if you have a problem, its easily dealt with, you are seen as an equal, as every job is important from the bottom to the top.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
There is none
Worked there for about 18 months and loved it. Only left because at the time my 12 hour contract wasn't enough, and during quiet periods you couldn't rely on overtime. Managers and colleagues all worked together with everything, including brewing up a few times a day and hoovering every night. The manager actually said "I don't ask my staff to do anything that I wouldn't do myself". If you needed any time off she would work the rota round you, although if pushed, any other colleague would swap a day with you.
Pros
Half price work shoes and 20% off everything else. Flexibility when necessary.
Cons
Lack of overtime in quiet periods
I love working at Pavers, all the staff made me feel welcome from my first day at work. The management are fantastic, very approachable and always willing to help you out. Each day has different tasks to be done so never boring. I have been able to learn new skills such as following display plans and learning about different types/styles of shoes to recommend to customers. Delivering great customer service is the number one priority.
Love my work at Pavers. A family business who is kind and very caring towards they're employees .working day revolves around top one to one customer service . Happy friendly and welcoming atmosphere!!! Who definitely recommend.
This is a family run business. Management are excellent, always approachable, and always willing to help you work to a high standard. A good working atmosphere, there are targets, but there is a good bonus in return. Many customers are returning due to there shoes, sandals, boots etc are good quality.
Really enjoying working for Pavers shoes. Wonderful colleagues who work well together to enable smooth running of our store. We need to work flexibly at times to cover holidays etc. This is essential as we are a small team and need to ensure we are able to offer our customers the best shopping experience.
Pros
Comfortable working conditions.
Cons
Occasional shop lifters
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things. Like the different types of shoes and where they come from. Also learning about the shoes care products and what types of products work well on what shoes.
I have worked with pavers since November, it’s a great company to work for. I have learned so much and everyday is a learning day. Fantastic team to work with and an amazing manager.
  1. Employee reviews