Paymentsense

Paymentsense Employee Reviews

United Kingdom84 reviews

Social place to work, but alot of favouritism

There is a lot of favourtism in the company. If you get in with th management, you will be looked after. If not, they will find any and every way to sack you.

Poor

Encourage to sell unethically and the high targets are only achievable if you are unethical. No support from management and little guy who manages it only cares about what incentive he wants to go next, but in good way but to massage his massive ego

Insights into Paymentsense

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Great company to work for. Plenty of opportunity for progression, fast moving company. Pay is good with bonuses. Other benefits good too. Overall good placem

No support from senior management. All results focused. This is a cut throat business and the only way to succeed is working 24/7. No social life if you want to be successful. Too many competitors in the industry so results are hard to come by. Commissions are elevated in training but in reality they are very low.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Poor commission. No life

Best place to work

This has to be the best place I've ever worked. I've been given the opportunity to grow here - and as my time with the company has gone on the culture has changed so much and it's only getting better. It's fast-paced, challenging and forward thinking. My favourite part of this job is how quick things can change - you never end up bored. Your ideas and curiosity are also promoted - challenging your peers and seniors is welcomed. They also have fitness programs, book clubs, film clubs, events and incentives. The business is dedicated to putting the customer first too which makes it even more rewarding.

Pros

Fast pace, challenging, ever changing, promotion opportunities, culture

Cons

Extensive training, grammar, spelling and computer knowledge needed

Good pay, but empty promises

They sell you on the promise of endless opportunities and progression where it's never given - if you're management level this is what you get, anyone else is dismissed.

Awful

worst job i've ever had lol. dont care about their staff. managers are very rude and nonchalent - they are so lazy and dont do anything but expect employees to do all the work. Colleagues are not nice either very judgemental clique culture.

Great new Bristol employer!

Plenty of opportunity, great people and collaboration. Exciting culture, good perks and well paid in each area.The pace might not be for everyone but if you like a challenge, this is the place to be!

A great place to work with great career opportunities!

Paymentsense gives you the opportunity to really challenge yourself and learn every day. No two days are the same as a Product Manager but Paymentsense fosters a culture where you are surrounded by intelligent, driven people with a customer first mentality. As a PM, we are responsible for driving product definition, scope and delivery of our products whilst working in a cross-functional unit and across the business with different stakeholders. With a relatively flat structure, we are given the freedom and responsibility to challenge decisions and prioritise how we see best fit for our customers. With this mindset and culture, it can often feel like we're switching and changing course frequently but that's what helps us serve our customers best. Everyone in the team rally's round and is committed to giving our customers the best experience. Across the business, the people are great.

Pros

Exercise classes, office coffee, great people, fast-paced

Best company I've ever worked for!

Paymentsense really has such a great culture, and this is the only place I've worked where my colleagues are all on the same page with passion for what we do and supporting the business to achieve bigger and better things! The job can absolutely been intense with lots of different things all happening at once, but that autonomy, variety and challenge is what motivates me and the job satisfaction is immense.

Amazing Culture and Forward thinking company

A typical day at Paymentsense is never the same. You work in a fast-paced environment with an ever-evolving business that's only constant is to be customer first. The people and culture are amazing and everyone will help you in any which way they can without a moment's notice. The management always has time for you and addresses any concerns with you directly and is very transparent in their decision making. The hardest part of the job is the amount of knowledge that is required and that you use on a day-to-day basis.The most enjoyable part is that if you have any idea that will benefit the customers or the company you have full backing providing that you have evidenced how great of an impact that will be !!

Pros

Culture, Customer First, Collaborative, Forward thinking, Job Progression

Cons

Extensive System Knowledge required and to be retained

Agile, innovative workplace

I am now coming up to 4 years with Paymentsense and have been fortunate to grow significantly both professionally and personally as a result of the support and challenge the company provides.On the outside, the company is striving to ever improve the now high standard of a customer-centric approach. Internally the company is ever-evolving and achieves this fluidity due to the time and resource it invests in both the people working here and the talent recruited externally. Due to the fast-paced nature of this industry, there are constant avenues of development and advancement. Much of this is now driven by the individual pushing themselves but the rewards to those who do are considerable.

Pros

Support, Development, People, Agility, Customer and Employee focus

Cons

Agile nature can require compromise on shift and also expand role

The best place to work.

I have been working here for over a year now and I can honestly say it is the best place I've ever worked. They pay well, great bonus scheme, lovely perks like an extra holiday day a year, great coffee, fruit etc in the office, occasional work gift - you just honestly always feel really valued and cared for. Management are always supportive, kind and encouraging. Such a great culture. Work hard, play hard. The people are what make it. Every single person here is lovely.Dont hesitate to join!

welcoming and fun

I have learnt a lot about Payroll and the workday system, Management are approachable and ready to help when ever neededThe culture is amazing always lots on and lots to look forward too as well The hardest part of my job is to know when to log off as when i sink my teeth into something i just want it done The most enjoyable part is getting to meet so many lovely people and the Dogs in the office is a great bonus for the work atmosphere

Pros

Free coffee bar

Stay away

No basic, very poor commissions...stay away. They expect you to go to business without any expenses being covered whilst you are on commission only and even when the commissions are paid they are very low.

Very Bad Management structures. Not a good company to work. No support whatsoever

It's all about profit and no consideration to anything else. Very terrible people at the top. Terrible company to work. No support whatsoever because the people in Management are clown.

Great new employer in Bristol

I'm only a few weeks into my new role at Paymentsense but can say it's the most exciting place I've ever worked .. lots going on, plenty to get involved with and exciting plans for the future.The pay is very competitive and for that they really do look for the best, so standards are high. If you want to work somewhere fun, welcoming and exciting, and you're not afraid of hard work and the idea of building something new excites you .. Paymentsense is the place for you.

Good training is where it starts and ends

This employer does not value employees. Managers use salespeoples leads and pipeline to bolster their own sales. Customer service is non existent and salespeople have their contact number changed so customers can not call them if there is a problem. There are annual fees thd sellers are not told about so customers get irate. Paymentsense are looking to sell the business or were.

Pros

Training

Cons

Poor management, no support, no honesty, no trust

No rights for Field Sales & corrupt

I found the training vague and felt they just wanted to get you out to gather leads. They ask you to pair with more experienced consultants for high value leads that may be complex. These are then stolen from you and given over to meet high flyers targets. Corrupt middle and upper management. Office staff are a Stepford like cult. No rights at all, wasnt even given a contract.

Pros

high earnings only after self learning

Cons

face fits culture and corrupt toward new starter

Very Hard Work

Management always moving goal post and not supportive. Want earth but cut throat. Had very high turnover of staff and no knew it but spent to much time new recruits rather than developing existing work form in the field.

Pros

flexible work time

Cons

everything else

Toxic

I worked there for a few months contracting as a manager in their London office (Notting Hill). Initially they hired me due to my professional experience however I soon found out they weren’t open to change or innovating systems. They seem to resent suggested changes and it was apparent that my face and personality did not fit. If your a yes person, like others to do the thinking for you and don’t mind toxic environments and the poor ethical culture with staff and it’s customers, then Paymentsense is for you. Otherwise I would avoid like the plague. No amount of free beer and fruit is worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paymentsense. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement