Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

Not an easy place to work. The work is ok but hours available change every month. The place where the office is is hard to find parking. The office is below road level so very little natural light.
Cons
Atmosphere not good.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Pearson. There were opportunities to get involved in new processes and there was excellent support for training and upskilling. I had some brilliant managers and colleagues. It was a very positive experience.
Pros
Excellent work life balance, superb benefits andthe compay is very caring to employees.
Cons
The hours could be long, this was often by choice but not always noticed or rewarded, sometimes you can feel like a small fish in a big ocean just because it's a large company.
This job is stress free, very easy money and good hours. The staff you work with make working there nicer as well, the calls are very easy simple to solve and deal with.
Pearson was a great place to work as far as I was concerned.I worked there for 47 years and was able to apply for several jobs over the years obtaining promotions.Pearson is a relaxed company and treats the staff very well.
Pros
Lunchtime bus service. Free beverages
Cons
Shocking culture, they do not care about your wellbeing. All they see is a machine working for them. No support whatsoever and no understanding. They don’t treat you like a human being.
Pros
Cons
No culture, no support
Great place to work - really enjoyed my time there even as a Consultant and would have stayed as permanent had the offer been there. Worked from home loads but there was still a great team atmosphere globally.
Pros
Working from home, good pay, great colleagues and management
Cons
Contract didn;t last long enough
More of a retired persons place to work. You only get 10.5 hours a week and the occasional extra shift or two when someone is on holiday. Apart from the lack of work the staff are all lovely and you couldn't ask for a better manager, she is lovely and very fair.
Pros
Free Health cover and cheap dental cover.
Cons
Not enough hours
They had a culture of the area manager don’t like you, the line manager stress you out and the area manager sends you away, out of a job, no matter how good you are in your job
Pros
Clients are Awesome mostly pleasant which Makes the job enjoyable, and state of the Earth Pearson Vue interactivity
Cons
Unpleasant area manager, coniving line manager and frustrating IT in charge wish left you feel in hot soup as a new staff
The management and work colleagues are great I just feel I need a more challenging role. They also only contract you to less than 10 hours each but give you extra hours.
Pros
People
Cons
Contracted hours
The administration of computer based testing for third parties including the theory driving test. Invigilation of candidates and identity checking of members of the public pre test.
Pros
Flexible pert time hours. Free health care.
Cons
Very little middle management support. Too many customers to properly invigilate the tests.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pearson?
Very professional and extremely helpful group of people. Managers through to Director where always prepared to listen, should you have any questions. If you mix with the right people, promotion opportunities will come to you. Very enjoyable experience.
Unfortunately, top 50 in the company is very incompetent, talent management is zero. Instead of motivating people to do better at their jobs, they fire people to save money and hire new people which costs a lot more, and decreases the employee morale.
I joined this company last year and completed the induction training after a few weeks just before results day. Got thrown into the deep end 1-2 weeks before results day. Probation was 3 months when the senior manager told us that it will take us time to get used to the job. I did a lot of call and email quality catch-ups with my line manager every week and was given feedback on "improvement" and how this could go against my probation if I did not improve, yet no one else from my training team went through the same headaches with their line managers after speaking to them. They were all surprised when I told them what I was being put through. I was warned that my line manager was strict and it felt like I had to run through a brick wall just to be able to pass a simple probation, which to us was meant to be simple when we had our induction training; Do not give results out over the phone, make sure you are back from your break in time and don't come late to work every day etc. Seems like training tell you one thing and then you experience something else. I felt sick of this place within my first two months!!! My probation was extended twice only then to be told I had passed it in January, by then I had already looked somewhere else and received a job offer as my expectations were low. I have never in my life experienced working somewhere where I have had difficulties passing a probation with no apparent reason, especially when other new employees were not treated the same way by their line managers. It felt like a revolution where they would try and test the ones they - more...
Pros
no weekend work unless you get offered overtime, some nice people to make friends with
Cons
read the above and snobbish work colleagues who form a click as a group
Worked for the CFO of the board. Learned how to juggle many tasks Always varied days Excellent workplace culture Good work rewarded Last minute requests often happened so had to immediately adapt Enjoyed travelling abroad when I arranged conferences
I was an IT contractor for 6 months and so much enjoyed working at pearson. My manager was great, although one colleague was not the most approachable. Overall, friendly atmosphere. Good company!
Pros
Free drink (one of best coffee ever!)
Cons
Remote working not allowed
Save the headache and apply somewhere else. The management in this company is useless and the whole company itself is a bit of a joke. Minimal progression and even fewer if you are BAME. The most enjoyable part of the job was the group of colleagues.
Pearson is a great company to work for if you want to work in a global environment. People are focussed and hard working. They are creating and have an eye on the future.
When I came in uk in 1998 it was the first company to give me a chance because I didn't speak English very well .All my colleagues take me in and help me a lot
Belfast is very busy, fast paced. A lot to remember and understand. Dynamic job with new challenges daily. Portadown branch is much smaller so less stress. Calmer environment. More relaxed and public more friendly.
Poor salary and only a minimum 30 hours a month contract. Managers untrained and incompetent. Benefits are good particularly healthcare. HR unsupportive verging on aggressive.
Great company to work for. Very supportive management, plenty of opportunities. Great people with a relaxed atmosphere. Would highly recommend to future employees.
  1. Employee reviews