Pearson
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Pearson Employee Reviews

United Kingdom237 reviews

Found 237 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,770 reviews

Really good for seasonal work.

Really good for seasonal work. I was a student at the time and really benefited from the summer work. Really organised and fair employees that are generous with opportunities.

Easy job for someone with little responsibility

Pearson is an ok place to work, the staff can be friendly but often abrupt with people. I didn't feel the the job was very interesting but there were times where I felt I learnt something small that i could learn from.

Pros

Easy access to facilities

Insights into Pearson

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good company

Good progression opportunities and training and development and staff well being is accounted for with good support great team good environment and competitive salary

Productive and fun workplace

Very relaxed environment. Joined as a temp for a couple of months in the summer. It’s a nice place to work with good people. Management was relaxed as long as you got on with work

Chaotic place to work

Unfortunately, I did not have the best experience at the company, they don't seem to value their talent - especially if you're contracting. There were constant changes with employees leaving, so lack of job clarity was the main issue that was felt by all of the team I worked with. It felt chaotic most of the time. At mid-level, the pay isn't very good and there was very few opportunities for progression. Some nice people work there and there is a good purpose to the company, but there seems to be a disconnect between the culture and how they actually treat some employees.

You have to be a TEAM player

Average working days are 2/3 per week at around 6 hours per day. You are contracted to be available for shifts Monday to Saturday each week. The rota is set 2 weeks in advance so you know well in advance what shifts you are working. The job involves checking candidates IDs and invigilating during their exams. Basic computer skills are required. The job itself is easy once you have mastered the computer programs. The hardest and most stressful part of the job is handling problem candidates. Late/No ID/Cheating/impersonating etc.

Well structured and approachable

Management approachable and issues dealt with in a timely manner. Professional colleagues who had a mature attitude with their role. Good relationships with clients and public alike.

Pros

Clear role and responsibilities. Line managers approachable and helpful.

Cons

Providing a safe environment with Covid 19 despite PPE being in place.

Fast paced daily but once you know what you are doing its easy enough

Great colleagues and a rewarding position. Pity it was only temporary. Interesting to see behind the scenes of test environment, to see how the rules are enforced and why

Cons

Temporary

Ok pay for what it is.

Job I had was just a temp role doing data entry. The work itself was easy but monotonous, however it paid fairly well for how easy it was. Just the kind of place you turn up, switch your brain off for 8 hours, and then go home. Management were fine, never had any issues with them and office culture was fine.

Pros

Job responsibilities were clear, you knew what you were meant to be doing

Cons

Job responsibilities were dull

Repetitive but comfortable

Frankly this job is low skill and repetitive like many but you get a good work life balance, collaborative working in a small teams and get to meet and assist lots of candidate in a working day.

Pros

Flexible hours, only occasional later shifts.

Cons

Change centre opens times regularly so your hours change frequently and are cut down

Excellent place to work

I loved my time working at Pearson! The actual job itself wasn't anything special, it could be quite boring, repetitive and sometimes stressful, but I stayed with Pearson for almost 4 years because the other staff, management and just general workplace culture was amazing! I got along with everybody there and I can honestly say I have made friends for life and management were kind, understanding and supportive. The office environment was a relaxing and fun place to be. Pearson really looks after its staff and this is was the first place (having worked in customer service for over 10 years) that I ever felt valued as an employee.During the COVID pandemic and lockdowns especially, Pearson really looked after all of us, making sure we always received our full pay, even when we weren't working and checking in on us to make sure we were okay

Pros

Cons

Repetitive job

Productive and fun workplace

Working at Pearson was an amazing journey. I have enjoyed every minute spent there. Pearson really looks after their staff, any problems you will always find someone to talk to at the end of a phone or email.Great job experience.Thank you Pearson for the opportunity.

Pros

Good pay, friendly management

Easy job, only temporary

This is a easy job but very long and boring!! Sometimes working 11hours a day, and include weekends, the pay is good but you don’t get paid for any holidays, so if you want to work hard and not have much of a life (but more money) then work for PEARSON’S

Pros

Wage, dinner time

Cons

Long hours, weekends, late finishes

Relaxed but very cliquey

Colleagues worked very hard but management made for a very bad atmosphere, setting targets and not doing any work at all, just sitting around gossiping and bad mouthing about staff.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad management

Excellent employer

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Pearson. There were opportunities to get involved in new processes and there was excellent support for training and upskilling. I had some brilliant managers and colleagues. It was a very positive experience.

Pros

Excellent work life balance, superb benefits andthe compay is very caring to employees.

Cons

The hours could be long, this was often by choice but not always noticed or rewarded, sometimes you can feel like a small fish in a big ocean just because it's a large company.

Hard atmosphere to work in

Not an easy place to work. The work is ok but hours available change every month. The place where the office is is hard to find parking. The office is below road level so very little natural light.

Cons

Atmosphere not good.

Stress free

This job is stress free, very easy money and good hours. The staff you work with make working there nicer as well, the calls are very easy simple to solve and deal with.

Friendly place to work

Pearson was a great place to work as far as I was concerned.I worked there for 47 years and was able to apply for several jobs over the years obtaining promotions.Pearson is a relaxed company and treats the staff very well.

Pros

Lunchtime bus service. Free beverages

Don’t even bother applying

Shocking culture, they do not care about your wellbeing. All they see is a machine working for them. No support whatsoever and no understanding. They don’t treat you like a human being.

Pros

Cons

No culture, no support

Productive and entrepreneurial workplace

Great place to work - really enjoyed my time there even as a Consultant and would have stayed as permanent had the offer been there. Worked from home loads but there was still a great team atmosphere globally.

Pros

Working from home, good pay, great colleagues and management

Cons

Contract didn;t last long enough

Lovely Manager and Staff

More of a retired persons place to work. You only get 10.5 hours a week and the occasional extra shift or two when someone is on holiday. Apart from the lack of work the staff are all lovely and you couldn't ask for a better manager, she is lovely and very fair.

Pros

Free Health cover and cheap dental cover.

Cons

Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Pearson with

• Pearson
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?