pebbles care ltd

pebbles care ltd Employee Reviews

Hard work pays off and rewarding job

Whether it’s kids in the care sector or our own kids at home, kids are hard work. You get back what you put into your job. But residential care isn’t just a job, it’s a calling, to want to support, nurture and care for vulnerable kids. Pebbles care, are developing and changing for the better, management supporting there staff, focusing on self wellbeing, salaries based on progress, qualifications and hard work. 6 years I have worked here, grew in confidence, learnt so much and worked my way through different positions. Pebbles care are a great organisation to be part of.

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Challenging at times

Leaders in Residential Child Care

I started work in December 2019, just as the company had been taken over. The past 2 years has been huge in terms of change and progression. These changes have included ensuring our staff have dedicated sleep in facilities, are not contracted to work for extended periods of time and have improved work/ life balance. Salaries have also been reviewed and staff are now paid their hourly rate for every hour worked, even through the night. This means they don't lose their 'sleep in allowance' when they take holidays!The introduction of a learning and development team and psychology team ensure we all receive the support and training to effectively support our young people. I am excited to be part of the future of Pebblescare.

Pros

Great staff and managers

Terrible Company to work for

Cut staff in half at most homes after a restructure. Stress and work life balance is terrible. Not enough staff to cover all Children’s needs leaving them to miss out. This company is clearly all about making money! Nearly everyone I know has now left. That says it all.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no sick pay, no bank holiday pay. Poor management and poor training

Stay clear !

Pebbles is not at all what it advertises. If you want to work somewhere that the managers constantly in a foul mood,friends get all the benefits and over time,rules change daily to suit the amount of paper work they can be bothered doing,no protection or PPE for covid,never praised,driving staff cars that are dangerous and not taxed,put in situations you feel uncomforable with,ignored by staff for having an opinion,ignored by management,rude HR and list goes on and on then knock yourself out! Stay clear. You will constantly be moved around the homes and working with agency. If not due to work Christmas your Rota will change due to the staff that refuse to work it every year.

Pros

Free food

Cons

No structure or consistency

Very rewarding job.

I’ve worked for pebbles for over 18 months now, I wanted to work in children’s residential care for a long time but was always put off by having to work towards the level 3 diploma, well 18 later and I’ve completed the work for the diploma with lots of support from the team and am now waiting for my certificate (it wasn’t as bed as I thought it would be) the management structure are approachable and very supportive and most importantly the kids are happy and well supported, their voices are heard and their wishes are met where appropriate, we have our highs and lows but the highs outweigh the lows massively, we have a great team, we communicate, we work together and I enjoy being at work, can’t image doing anything else now.

Pros

Great environment, supportive management, supportive team, great kids!!

Excellent

Have worked here for over a year now and the people are all amazing, everyone is very dedicated and passionate about doing their best. The Company went through a much needed restructure early in 2021 which provided employees with proper contracts and clear expectations around working hours and shift patterns. There is a comprehensive referral process for assessing the needs of young people prior to them joining a home, there is a professional HR and Recruitment team, a new Director of Operations overseeing all of care operations and the leadership team are committed to creating the right culture and environment for everyone. Great employee benefits too and super training for all employees.

Pros

Employee Benefits, People

Don’t do it

The higher management are only interested in their pockets. The kids are no longer adequately supported and it’s putting massive strain on staff. Staff are leaving left right and centre because of this new structure. I intend to leave when I have a new job too.

Cons

Everything g

Productive and Fun workplace

I was the first student that Pebbles Care took on and was based in Ochiltree called the Paddock. The staff and managers were amazing and helped me learn everyday by setting me up with different kinds of training and teaching me the day to day activities and how to adapt to the stressful time. They always included me and were always there when a question was needed asked. They have a great team and because of this there is a brilliant atmosphere throughout the house. I cant recommend this place enough.

Pros

Hours are good, always have overtime, fantastic team, manager is brilliant, Atmosphere is great

Supported Development

I have worked for Pebbles Care since 2008 and seen the organisation grow immensely during that time. Most pleasing with this growth is the introduction of our own psychology team who along with our learning and development team are helping to drive forward our model of therapeutic parenting. I have felt that my development was well supported and enabled me to progress from RCCW to Area Manager.

Avoid like the plague

This company cares only about one thing and that is profit.They don’t care about the children or staff at all and if you dare try and challenge that higher management will be sure to make your working life torturous Staff retention is poor, homes daily budgets is poor, trying to get qualifications is poor, rota flexibility is poor, and respect for employees is nil. The so called company restructure is a shambles And just another hidden agenda to maximize profits If you genuinely want to make a difference for kids then this is not the place to do it

Pros

Good salaries

Cons

Everything else

Jobs at pebbles care ltd

See more jobs

Extremely Rewarding

I have found the company very supportive since taking up post a few months ago. The company has recently went through a very much needed restructure to streamline services and be competitive in the current climate. There is great training opportunities to help up skill everyone to help enrich the lives of children and young people that we support. Coming from a company where you didn't see managers alot, here you have support around on a daily basis if needed which is good.

Pros

Excellent training and progression opportunities

Work hard play hard

Pebbles is a really great company to work for.It is quite a forward thinking company and this means that there is often alot going on.The culture is really positive and everyone is keen to help out and it does often feel like a big family.I have been with the company for over a year and I could see myself staying here for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Good working culture and flexible working (role dependant)

Cons

Work load can be alot but reasonable.

Nurtured to Achieve

Fantastic Management and team. I have felt supported with every new challenge my role has provided me with and have learned something new on a daily basis since I began with Pebbles. The team have a great bond and will support you as and when it’s required.

I have never learned so much...

Everyday I am learning new things, I have been trusted to be heavily involved in so many new projects, including new IT systems. I find my role challenging and interesting. It is great to be part of the Pebbles journey.

Pros

Lovely Colleagues

Cons

The pandemic has made for a harder beginning in my role

One of the worst companies ever

This company has zero Idea on what they are doing. The staff moral Is none exsistent!! Management is a shambles and won't hesitate to stab you in the back the first chance they get!!! Hours are stupidly long with hardly any breaks inbetween!! Seriously avoid...!!!

Poor management

Poor management, more bothered about paperwork being completed than staffs own well-being when in difficult situations arising. No empathy towards staff after dealing with different behaviour issues, abit of empathy goes along way. Team work is definitely needed in this role, especially from management..

Pros

Building positive relations with residents

Cons

Low paid no management support

Unprofessional company

No one leaves this company happy. The management team is poor and this is sadly impacting on the quality of care being provided. I have never worked for such an unprofessional company before until I worked here. Stay clear!

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional and poor care

Was with pebbles for over a year and the only reason i left was to go study. The management team were very supportive and they give great support to the kids. Pebbles is definitely an up and coming residential care company for kids. The salaries are average however their sleepover rate is around £80 so makes up the wages.

Pros

Free food, private health package

Cons

Long shifts

Awful Management

Majority of staff go above and beyond for the kids, shame that these hard working staff aren’t given the recognition or wages they deserve. Long hours / poor wages! Sleep over shifts done on a fold out bed which is not suitable for an adult. Management have their favourite staff who get promoted quickly. Management can’t be seen in time of trouble when houses are full of unrest and unruly children but they are quick to criticise staff after the events to blame them and where your face doesn’t fit then sack them! Not a supportive or caring culture.

Pros

Free meals at work

Cons

Everything else

No support from any level of management

Support from upper management is virtually non existant And there are no standards to which the staff adhere to working. It seems to be a bit of a free for all, And quite difficult to distinguish between the staff and the kids in care.

You get out what you put in!!

There is no doubt that this job can be stressful! The young people that we care for can present as highly challenging with their behaviours, but wouldn't you if you had been through what some of these young people have!! The home provides a great level of care for the young people, the nurturing ways in which the home works really does help the young people to make positive changes / relationships with others. There is a high level of boundaries in place but this is fully supported by the levels of nurture and understanding that we give to the young people. Yes we could be paid more for the challenges that we face, and yes the hours can be long but the team spirit that the home has is great!. The management of the home are fair. The company as a whole is fine, there are some health benefits in place but i say the pay could be a lot better. The young people know who wants to be here and who can't be bothered, so if you want a rewarding job and you are willing to put in the effort then this could be the job for you!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at pebbles care ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement
  • pebbles care ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?