pebbles care ltd

pebbles care ltd Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Stay clear !

Pebbles is not at all what it advertises. If you want to work somewhere that the managers constantly in a foul mood,friends get all the benefits and over time,rules change daily to suit the amount of paper work they can be bothered doing,no protection or PPE for covid,never praised,driving staff cars that are dangerous and not taxed,put in situations you feel uncomforable with,ignored by staff for having an opinion,ignored by management,rude HR and list goes on and on then knock yourself out! Stay clear. You will constantly be moved around the homes and working with agency. If not due to work Christmas your Rota will change due to the staff that refuse to work it every year.

Pros

Free food

Cons

No structure or consistency

Toxic workplace

If you want a job working for a company that only cares about money then look no further. Pebbles care is a toxic company that does not value their staff or the young people in their care, they pay minimum wage or just slightly higher by 10-20p (if you’re fully trained) for one of the most stressful jobs you could have. The staff at the bottom of their hierarchy (care officers) are the backbone of this company and you’d think they would be rewarded with good pay, benefits etc to show just how valued they are but they don’t, the most us care staff get at the moment is a ridiculous “recognition achievement” email and that’s it, whereas the senior management staff and head office staff seem to get promotions and pay rises every week. If you have a good family and social life then don’t work here, you will be forced to work specific shifts even if you have kids of your own to look after, and if you don’t agree to do it you will lose the pay for that entire shift which is usually a 15 hour full day shift. Pebbles HR and senior management pretend they care about your physical and mental health but they don’t, I’ve seen many staff develop mental health issues working here and are just told to get on with the job and access “support” from a folder on their HR portal, the staff turnover due to mental health issues is staggeringly high but to fix this problem pebbles would have to spend money…which they refuse to do as they can just hire new staff who will also conveniently be paid less since they are new. Staff are pressured to work overtime shifts a lot of the time, if you are short -

Pros

Free food, some staff are friendly but it is luck of the draw.

Cons

Stressful, long hours, no support

Confused at the negative reviews??

I am honestly confused at the negative reviews about Pebbles Care… The company had completed a restructure in April 2021, I didn’t agree with how they handled it at the time and we lost some amazing staff and friends but I now understand why it had to happen. The company has done exactly what they said they were going to do and are always asking for feedback to improve. I am grateful for the position I am in and I happy that I get to spend my working days helping and supporting both young people and staff. The working pattern for full time members of staff is 1 24 hour shift on 2 days off. There is plenty of time to recharge. However, whenever sickness, holidays or other things hit the home there is an expectation to help out and pick up some overtime as others will do the same for you. The company has a dedicated training team who will continuously supply new training and support you with your professional development as long as you’re willing to put some time in to better yourself. The job can be stressful and fast paced but on the flip side I have had some of my best memories working where I am, nothing beats the feeling of making a real difference in a child’s life. Truthfully, I would recommend the company to any of my friends. You just need to have a positive mindset and a bit of proactiveness about yourself and you will fit in to any home perfectly.

Pros

wages, working pattern, young people, making a real difference, good benefits.

Cons

Can be stressful, sometimes you won’t get any sleep, dealing with conflict.

Terrible Company to work for

Cut staff in half at most homes after a restructure. Stress and work life balance is terrible. Not enough staff to cover all Children’s needs leaving them to miss out. This company is clearly all about making money! Nearly everyone I know has now left. That says it all.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no sick pay, no bank holiday pay. Poor management and poor training

Would not recommend to work here

I would not recommend working for pebbles care. The lack of management is shocking, there's no guidance from anybody above and no support either. During lockdown and covid, PPE was not provided by the company and we had to purchase ourselves, we were not given any reward for working hard during covid despite being classed as key workers. Working with the children is great however, children aren't supported correctly anymore due to new restructure and cuts that have been made. Staff retention is high due to the new restructure as there is no support or help and staff are leaving left right and centre. Staff are paid minimum wage despite working unsociable hours, bank holidays and Christmas aren't paid as overtime either. You are never praised or complimented for your hard work and the company don't acknowledge any achievements. The company only care about their own pockets rather than the children and yet promote a "child-centred approach". As someone who wants to make a difference when working with children, I would recommend not working here as you will not achieve it.

Pros

Working with the children

Cons

Not supported, Company only care about themselves, Unsociable hours, High staff retention

Excellent

Have worked here for over a year now and the people are all amazing, everyone is very dedicated and passionate about doing their best. The Company went through a much needed restructure early in 2021 which provided employees with proper contracts and clear expectations around working hours and shift patterns. There is a comprehensive referral process for assessing the needs of young people prior to them joining a home, there is a professional HR and Recruitment team, a new Director of Operations overseeing all of care operations and the leadership team are committed to creating the right culture and environment for everyone. Great employee benefits too and super training for all employees.

Pros

Employee Benefits, People

Cons

Priorities are all wrong.

All went downhill when bought over. Terrible working pattern, 24 hour shift on, 2 days off. Poor salary. No empathy. Like it or lump it attitude. No regard for staffs emotional well-being despite it being an extremely stressful job. Unfairly paid for several months despite making people aware of this.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Poor senior management, lack of support, no regard for staff physical, emotional or mental health.

Was with pebbles for over a year and the only reason i left was to go study. The management team were very supportive and they give great support to the kids. Pebbles is definitely an up and coming residential care company for kids. The salaries are average however their sleepover rate is around £80 so makes up the wages.

Pros

Free food, private health package

Cons

Long shifts

You get out what you put in!!

There is no doubt that this job can be stressful! The young people that we care for can present as highly challenging with their behaviours, but wouldn't you if you had been through what some of these young people have!! The home provides a great level of care for the young people, the nurturing ways in which the home works really does help the young people to make positive changes / relationships with others. There is a high level of boundaries in place but this is fully supported by the levels of nurture and understanding that we give to the young people. Yes we could be paid more for the challenges that we face, and yes the hours can be long but the team spirit that the home has is great!. The management of the home are fair. The company as a whole is fine, there are some health benefits in place but i say the pay could be a lot better. The young people know who wants to be here and who can't be bothered, so if you want a rewarding job and you are willing to put in the effort then this could be the job for you!!

Expectations of staff is high even though training a d support is low.

No "propper" training just training days once you are already on the job and they are down at Carnforth ,after a few hours apparently trained ,was no management in place ,kids ruled the roost and was paid minimum wage for looking after challenging behaviour teenagers in care.

Unsure

I've only worked for a short time, less than a year so I have no other childcare company to compare it to. It's been very stressful at times, very long hours, short staffed at times, the pay isn't great for the demanding work, mentally and physically. Working 7 till 23:00 then to do a sleep when your not guaranteed a sleep, then sometimes working the next day or expected to drive to Leeds to train the next day

Avoid this company

If you dont like to spend time with your own family and you like your pay getting messed up or not getting paid at all then fill your boots, very poor training and management is possibly the worst mainly because they dont have a clue what they are doing

Loved the job but your not thought of

I personally worked up in my role over the years, and I really enjoyed the job even at times the challenging behaviours displayed physical and verbal abuse, as it was the young people reaching out. The company higher up do not care about home / work life balance, your a slave, working every hour god sends and don't get any praise or even a thanks. Higher management think they are better than you, and your just a number that is replaced, instead the company should be putting incentives and packages in place to keep the good QUALIFIED staff !!! My overall opinion is , I have met lovely people, and it started my career which I am thankful for but its all about MONEY MONEY MONEY and not the young people. The salaries for childrens home now is so competitive , but they are not willing to match it and even consider it and let people go !

Head office

I loved my job and was there for years , however, head management only see the staff as a number and all about money , staff have to fight for their pay rises when qualified , head office never think of the staff considering the hours you put in and overtime to support your house and make all decisions of the homes around money and budgeting

Poor organisation, lack of job security, financially based

Our owning body was purchased by pebbles care a short time ago. Sadly things did not change for the better. The company prioritised finances choosing to encourage beds to be filled regardless of the needs of the young people and the effect the match would be on those that live there. Risk assessments were seemingly ignored and despite best efforts of the staff team the needs of the young people were not met due to an overly cautious managment system that appeared to be aimed at achieving the best possible ofsted rating and not achieving the best results for the young people. In other words restrict them as much as possible to limit trouble. Working patterns can be described as not family or socially friendly and the position may be suitable for someone without family and friends however if you do dont expect a work life balance as you will be expected to work shifts from first thing in the morning to late evening roughly 11pm, you will be subject to your rota being changed with only 24 hours notice and you will also be expected to attend training on your days off. The salary for what you do is not one of the best in the industry allowing you to earn roughly £1400 pcm prior to tax and national insurance. The culture amongst the staff team encourages talking and much sniping between the staff team and management do very little to combat this and in fact in some cases do encourage it. Staff vheicles are in poor condition and are purchased by head office at auctions. Vehicles arrive with bumps, scrapes and bald tyres or a fault develops extrenely quickly to which head -

Pros

Ita a job

Cons

Long hours, poor management, poor equipment, ignored, sniping and poor staff morale

Top company

They are caring great salary package specially the benefits. i needed prescription glasses - cost £140 the company paid for them. all staff have the same perks. really like it here.

Pros

the best benefits ever

Cons

hard work

Honest Company

I have worked for this company for many years and thoroughly enjoy my job which is supporting Children who are looked after. There is a great network of support when you require this and when you don't. We receive exceptional benefits such as dental, optical and health along with others.

Pros

Fantastic Benefits including health Benefits

Cons

Very busy job with no rest

Love this company

I started as a Care Officer and I am now a Home Manager. Pebbles have invested in me by providing development and training and even paid for my Level 5 in Leadership and Management. I feel valued and part of a Team. All I need to do is pick up the phone and support is immediate. I love this company they have changed my life. Thank you

Pros

Great rewards and staff benefits

Cons

Would be great if I worked closer to my home

Caring and rewarding company to work for

I have worked for pebbles care for over 6 years and I have enjoyed every minute of my time here. Pebbles offer a great benefits package such as the cash plan to claim back money on things like dental appointments and eye tests etc and also offer a high rate of pay for the sleep shifts. Working at Pebbles is very rewarding as you can make positive changes to young peoples lives daily. The management team are very supportive and acknowledge the efforts staff go to when working with the young people and progression is offered if you want to move up the ladder.

Pros

Great Benefits Package

Cons

Weekend Work

Caring Company

A great company to work for. Pebbles offer great in-house development, market leading benefits package for all staff. Great outcomes for the Young People. I have recommended many of my friends to apply for a job.

Pros

Sleeps are paid at £78

Cons

Have to work some weekends

Fun working environment

If you like a fun working environment while making a real impact on vulnerable young people then this is the place for you. The pay is good for what is expected of you, you get free meals and even pick up qualifications.

Pros

Pay, meals and learning

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at pebbles care ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement