Pegasus Couriers logo
Pegasus Couriers

Pegasus Couriers Employee Reviews

Be cautious of management

Overall I had a good experience working for the company. Only negatives where the management. They say one thing but don’t follow it up. Having owned my own business previously I would be seeking new management. Great team of drivers though. It is what it is. Watch your pay as again management say one thing but do another....

Pros

Great driving team

Cons

Fast paced, easiest hardest job going.

1, 4 days work - yes 4 days, then 2 days off. Means days off change and get fair share of weekends off.2, Van hire, insurance etc. Weekly fee distributed over 6 days, covering all required insurances, servicing, tyres etc. Like any other driving job, deductions for insurance excess are made, for driver fault accidents. Fuel you use getting to depot and back home are not covered, like any other job.3, Work Rate and Experience - Can be days when things go wrong, like any other job. Start is actually from depot you are working from, stay 2 hrs away and adds 4 hrs to your day on top of 9 hr working day. We can all choose personally if we wish to do this so not companies fault no matter who the company is. Lots of parcels ( maybe up to 300+ some days)to deliver, drops (can be any amount from maybe just 4 to 225 - based on what have actually seen) to do. WOW, guess what, that is where the money is, and what you get paid for.4, Need to supply own device- Brilliant, get what device you want, but bear in mind it WILL be dropped at some stage, it will get wet at some stage, and it will probably get covered in snow too at some stage, and it will use battery like you have never seen before. So get one with a good battery that you really can chuck in the bath or throw at a wall, but then you get paid for using it on top of your wages, so no cost issue.5, Some days can be a hard to get hold of management NOW, but always get back to you ASAP.6, Can be days it gets you down, but someone or something somewhere will put a smile back on your face. Workload may seem excessive, may seem like -

Pros

Always paid when said, may be lunchtime instead of 3am, who cares, still same day. Any discrepancies sorted out quickly, normally same day. Descent money if get on with job.

Cons

Can be long hours. Have to deal with congested streets in some cases. Have to keep own records, receipts for tax NI etc. Van hire can seem expensive, but cheaper than hiring one yourself. Better if just get own van, that way, have van if move on, and probably look after it better. Only paid fuel for doing your route, not other or personal mileage.

Not worth it!

Poorly ManagedRough working conditionsVery little time for lunch/toilet breaksLong working hours for not great payDaily pay rate doesn't minus van rental fees (if applicable)Issues with wagesWork not guaranteedNo work/life balance - work, sleep, repeat'Self-employed' but basically treated as employeeNot worth the hassle

A great start but ended in a Shambles

It is what it is. I delivered parcels on behalf of Amazon and from that point of view it couldn't be easier. The Amazon side of things worked brilliantly!My issue came with Pegasus Management. Induction and training was nothing like they promised. The managers at the depot did not treat the drivers well at all even those that were constantly jumping in and helping other drivers out. I was asked on numerous occasions to help other drivers out which I did however no further compensation was offered (yes I could have refused but I got on really well with all the other drivers and didn't want them to struggle). Van hire seems a bit extreme and the advertised benefits aren't what they seem. Every pay day saw issues with underpayments and over deductions. These issues would take up to a month to be sorted and invariably would only get sorted once the issues were escalated up.All in all I would do the job again but would find someone else to work for as Pegasus only seemed to care about the metrics and seemed to forget that they had people working for them and not robots!!

Pros

The other drivers

Goid company

Good company to work for just not guaranteed enough days you as a driver don't have a set rota so you don't know till 8o'clock the night before if you're working the next day.

Don’t do that mistake

Everything begin good , but it happens for the last 3 weeks 70 people from the company haven’t earn anything, because they don’t provide work , but charge us for a van rental . Highly don’t recommend them , unless you are millionaire and have nothing to do . Can’t have enough money for living , won’t talk about taxes at all in this occasion, as I have over £4000 to pay and my weekly wages ( in the peak time ) were £300 ..

Pros

Cons

Long runs, plenty of packages, leas fuel paid, no bonuses

Great environment

As a whole it's great working at Pegasus, the crowd you work with are a great laugh and always up to help you out if you need it, the management is fair although a little difficult to contact at time or get a straight answer from other than that I would recommend working with these any day of the week

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Not guaranteed work

Not as advertised

Extremely long process to get started kicked from pillar to post on first day no communication of were to go finally got van after an hour of walking abt van was filthy inside and out bits missing of it no reverse gear shuddering well pulling away only offer you 4 days and 3 weeks b4 you get paid not good didn't even last the first morning

Pros

Cons

Not as advertised

Great people good job so far (Dundee depot ) driver

Not been working there long. Management very helpful and other drivers Willhelp the others if struggling. App easy to understand.No complaints.Haveworked in many other industries but enjoying my time here.Lots of shxte jobsout there as everyone knows.This isn't one of them.

Pros

Easy to talk to managers if you have any probs.

Cons

Scottish weather lol

Work is good when you can get it

Pegasus as a delivery driver are as good/equal to the other companies that operate in the same areas. Pegasus has a problem with correct payments, this is unforgivable. Please check your van charges for overpayments and that you have also been paid for training. Pegasus will not have for you contact them direcly to solve problems.tincorrpayments

Pros

The eork is good when its available(4 days per week max)

Cons

Van charge costs, only rnough eork to cover the can and fuel at times, no direct link to the Pegasus office, only yhrough managers

Jobs at Pegasus Couriers

See more jobs

Theres loads of money to be made if you put the effort in!

Great job. Enjoy it very much. On the road most of the time so you are pretty much your own boss. Can be busy to the point that its stressful on the odd occasion, but what job doesn't have those moments. Money can be made in abundance if you are willing to put the effort in. Bonuses are always available for hard work. Big routes (sometimes 100+ drops a day) but you have support from the management at all levels, and the routes are planned out so if you do it properly you are done at a reasonable time. Still manage to see family plenty and chill as well as work. The staff are friendly, but like elsewhere some can be miserable gits. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed. Problems do occur everyday but can be fixed quickly if you follow the training. Management keep you updated and informed as fast as they can (sometimes takes longer tho due the the nature of the job. They are busy too). They are always on the phone if you need them. Just be patient you may have to call more than once to get hold of them. Best job I've had. Lots of money, lots of me time, good work to home life balance. Lets me listen to podcasts or audio books when driving. Its worth a shot if you like driving. You may like it you may not, but theres MUCH worse places and jobs to do!!! The job is what you make of it. Work hard, make lots of money and get financial rewards. Muck about, you won't get offered any work!

Pros

Lots of time driving, great wage if you put effort in, bonuses are available again if you put effort in.

Cons

Doesn't always go to plan, Heavy routes at peak times, Delivery App sometimes not accurate.

Great Job

Iv worked for pegasus a few years now really good Company. The Managers are really good aswell always there to help you with any problems would Definitely recommend pegasus really good to work for .

Avoid avoid avoid

Avoid Pegasus. Managers are p***** High on drugs. Batter you with 100 or more stops everyday. Expect you to be out all night for peanuts. Higher managers doesn’t have a clue what goes on with the managers in the building. Use and abuse, never saw a contract eventhough they constantly changed it to suit them

Pros

Cons

Hours, wages, constantly blackmailed

good team of people to work with

Working for the company now 6 months. Good wages and steady work. Great teamwork between other driver. One of the better courier companies to work for.

Pros

regular work, good wages with chance to earn bonus

Good to work for

Been with Pegasus since November 2019 great company to work for. Guys in the office are great and helpful .Drvers all help each other if your struggling

Pros

Good money

Do not go by the bad reviews!!

I have worked for pegasus now for about a year and a bit and I have loved every minute of it from the management to other drivers meeting new people great banter ect.. When it comes to the work its like every other job you have easy days and tough days there really is nothing hard about it also a lot of great benefits to come out of it in the long term so can't go wrong pegasus is the company to work for!!

Rewarding work

I've been working for Pegasus now for nearly two years, they are a great company to work for and fairly paid.There is great opportunities to better your career with this company and rewarding bonuses and steady work load to make a good salary. Definitely the best courier group out there to work for 5 star

Good banter . If u not lazy u will earn

Great place to work for drivers and staff are stop on always helping each other . No person is left struggling . Always informed how u doing. Relaxed climate . But if u work and do well u will be rewarded . It's a team effort and we all help each other . Working hours are just like any other job . Not the silly hours u hear about . Great to work for

Brilliant

From starting with Pegasus there was a friendly manager and good team of drivers who helped me out from day one they where a phone call away from helping me with everything. I have worked for other courier company's and Pegasus is a cut above the rest. Management always listens and take onboard. This job suit me and I have the flexibility for my 5 year old son.

working for this company

as a recent employee of this company have not found their management styles to be satisfactory in this day and age . They do not treat staff equally and give them relevant information to do their jobs. also working longer hours than contracted for no extra pay.

Fast paced, supportive environment.

If you have done this line of work before then you will know the pace of the job and the guys at Pegasus do their bit to keep you busy and moving in the right direction. If you are new to it then they are supportive and understanding in getting you up to speed on what is required to do the job well and are always at the end of the phone when you need them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pegasus Couriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8