Pembertons

Pembertons

Pembertons Employee Review

Awful place to work

They class you as self employed so that they can pay you a ridiculously low weekly wage. All other money is commission based. Constantly get humiliated by the management team in front of all colleagues. Wages are constantly messed about. You get sworn at by management and treated like dirt. You're either cold calling over the phone and are told to lie your way through the sales pitch or you're going door to door. Very long hours and can be made to stay late if you haven't hit targets. I have personally witnessed staff doing drugs on their desks and when reported to management they do nothing about it. Awful place to work. Wouldn't bother applying.

Pros

Cons

Long hours. Poor rates of pay. Awful management.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Avoid at all cost!

Advertised as a ‘trainee marketing manager’ role, completely incorrect! They make you memorise a speech and send you out to go knocking on doors and selling double glazing. Avoid at all costs, just put the company name into any search engine and you’ll see how terrible they truly are.

Pros

Cons

Selling door to door
Same roleSame location

Door to Door

I applied for this job about a year ago i was a graduate and the job is advertised as a trainee marketing manager! it is not this at all the role is door to door sales knocking trying to book appointments. The pay is so poor and you barely get minimum wage if you don't reach unreachable targets. The idea of a trainee marketing manager to them is getting a door knocking team of your own that your in charge of. So basically you are a door to door appointment maker. This company and the way they advertise their roles is a CON!

Pros

Cons

Door to door knocking!
Same location

Worst job I've ever had

I worked for Pembertons 4yrs ago and at that point they changed their name to something else because of a lawsuite caused by promoted high pressure sales tactics. On my first day there was a thunderstorm and we were told we weren't being taken home until our 'shift' had finished so we all walked around soaking wet in the freezing cold knocking doors for another 3-4hrs. There were many more days like this and I only stuck around for 6 months because it was my first job and I didn't know better. People have signs up in their windows specifically saying "No Pembertons" rather than no cold callers because of their persistent and annoying attitude. Management would lie to me regularly and team leads were nothing more than bullies if you were having a tough day asking if you even wanted the job. No one wants to walk around in the rain knocking on doors at 8pm in the winter for what worked out to be £2.50 an hour. Some days we'd be due to finish at 6/7pm and forced to stay our until as late as 9pm because the team leaders and managers were the ones who drove you back to Telford from wherever they left you, sometimes as far as Oswestry! Over the Christmas period they completely ignore my calls when I was calling to ask when I was supposed to go back in and it turns out they had laid everyone off without saying only to call everyone back in January/Febuary to come back into work. There was no real progression. In terms of training, on my first day I was paired with someone and sent around to listen to them "on the door" to pick up the spiel, after that I was expected to know -

Pros

Plenty of exercise...

Cons

Long hours, below minimum wage pay, humiliating, bullying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pembertons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.9Job security/advancement

Pembertons Reviews by Location

• Pembertons
  • Awful place to work
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?