Pembertons

Pembertons

Pembertons Employee Review

Friendly Staff, nice environment.

Lovely place to work, brilliant and welcoming staff, great managers and easy work. The hours are your typical employment hours, good pay and relatively easy to travel to (depending where you're from). Warm environment to work in, would recommend to a friend.

Pros

Great staff, good training, standard working hours, decent money

Cons

Location - depending where you're from

5.0Job security/advancement

Worst job I've ever had

I worked for Pembertons 4yrs ago and at that point they changed their name to something else because of a lawsuite caused by promoted high pressure sales tactics. On my first day there was a thunderstorm and we were told we weren't being taken home until our 'shift' had finished so we all walked around soaking wet in the freezing cold knocking doors for another 3-4hrs. There were many more days like this and I only stuck around for 6 months because it was my first job and I didn't know better. People have signs up in their windows specifically saying "No Pembertons" rather than no cold callers because of their persistent and annoying attitude. Management would lie to me regularly and team leads were nothing more than bullies if you were having a tough day asking if you even wanted the job. No one wants to walk around in the rain knocking on doors at 8pm in the winter for what worked out to be £2.50 an hour. Some days we'd be due to finish at 6/7pm and forced to stay our until as late as 9pm because the team leaders and managers were the ones who drove you back to Telford from wherever they left you, sometimes as far as Oswestry! Over the Christmas period they completely ignore my calls when I was calling to ask when I was supposed to go back in and it turns out they had laid everyone off without saying only to call everyone back in January/Febuary to come back into work. There was no real progression. In terms of training, on my first day I was paired with someone and sent around to listen to them "on the door" to pick up the spiel, after that I was expected to know -

Pros

Plenty of exercise...

Cons

Long hours, below minimum wage pay, humiliating, bullying.
Same location

Perfect environment to work in

Loved every second of working there. A great group of people and very supportive management. Training was done well and helped me to improve greatly. Recommend it thoroughly!

Pros

Brilliant atmosphere

Avoid

Very long hours Don’t get much breaks get home late don’t get feed sometimes still have to knock in bad weather sometimes get sent home on spot if you do summit wrong

Pros

Cons

You don’t get breaks or feed long hours and they get very angry if you do something wrong

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pembertons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.9Job security/advancement

Pembertons Reviews by Location

• Pembertons
  • Friendly Staff, nice environment.