Pembertons

Pembertons Employee Reviews for Canvasser

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 18 reviews

Worst job I've ever had

I worked for Pembertons 4yrs ago and at that point they changed their name to something else because of a lawsuite caused by promoted high pressure sales tactics. On my first day there was a thunderstorm and we were told we weren't being taken home until our 'shift' had finished so we all walked around soaking wet in the freezing cold knocking doors for another 3-4hrs. There were many more days like this and I only stuck around for 6 months because it was my first job and I didn't know better. People have signs up in their windows specifically saying "No Pembertons" rather than no cold callers because of their persistent and annoying attitude. Management would lie to me regularly and team leads were nothing more than bullies if you were having a tough day asking if you even wanted the job. No one wants to walk around in the rain knocking on doors at 8pm in the winter for what worked out to be £2.50 an hour. Some days we'd be due to finish at 6/7pm and forced to stay our until as late as 9pm because the team leaders and managers were the ones who drove you back to Telford from wherever they left you, sometimes as far as Oswestry! Over the Christmas period they completely ignore my calls when I was calling to ask when I was supposed to go back in and it turns out they had laid everyone off without saying only to call everyone back in January/Febuary to come back into work. There was no real progression. In terms of training, on my first day I was paired with someone and sent around to listen to them "on the door" to pick up the spiel, after that I was expected to know -

Pros

Plenty of exercise...

Cons

Long hours, below minimum wage pay, humiliating, bullying.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pembertons?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pembertons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.9Job security/advancement

Pembertons Reviews by Location

• Pembertons
  • Canvasser
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?