Pendragon

Pendragon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom364 reviews

halshawcartargetdealershipwhilstprogressionevansdealer

Going downhill

Used to be a great place to work but they now get rid of staff through redundancies the put the work onto others. Very little training provided. Work life for sales at dealership level is poor. Parts and Service given better work/life but not much. Generally could be run better

Bad management, decent pay, high work load

Cons-Bad Management they are unorganized and treat you unfairly, you are just another number.- There is no training given- High work loadPros - The pay is okay

Insights into Pendragon

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Do not apply!!!!! Worst company ive ever worked for

Worst job ive ever had, lasted 1week, until I walked out. Condescending staff, no training, no support, simple tasks made insanely complicated. Took the job for a career change, was excited to start. Staff were insulting and intentionally seeked to humiliate "the new guy". Stay away.

3 jobs for 1 wage

Avoid it at any cost! Worse place to work ever!No life outside of the job coming in early to get through everything as so understaffed due to no one sticking around. Management is useless and only interested in the next step up the ladder.Did 1 weeks training which was held at head office and was really good however at the end of the training they tell you that when you get back to the dealership they will tell you to forget everything you have trained for. Pointless really.Also rip you off on your commissions whenever possible.

Pros

None what so ever

Cons

Long hours poor pay

Worst place I have ever worked

They do not care about the employees, I would not encourage anyone to work for this company.I was on minimum wage, worked more than the 37 hour week, complained about the treatment received and hours worked but nothing ever came of it.Bad feelings throughout the company.

Very stressful but enjoyable workplace

At my Branch, work was 6 days a week, Monday to Friday was 8:30 to 7, then 9 - 6 on Saturday and 10 - 4 on Sunday, the company and higher ups really did treat you like you're replaceable, however the team (colleagues) are what made the experience enjoyable for me, there is no work - life balance in this job, expect to come in on your "day" off and stay late whenever applicable, the benefits are mainly the company car (big plus) and the general benefits that come with someone in this job role, the pay however is not £35,000 OTE as advertised, realistically as a top salesman at my dealership i was looking at £25/26,000 (Before tax!)

Run far away

The company is appalling your just a statistic or a number and management within branches is very dictatorial they are in charge and it’s their way and you do what they say no matter what or lose your job attitude that includes filling up their cars and getting their dinners for them.

Horrendous place to work

Low pay/clicky/unprofessional management/the way you are spoken to by management is disgusting. The amount of work you have is impossible to complete by the deadline

Pros

Cons

Workload impossible

A 3 man job condensed into 1. Modern slavery at its best!

A chaotic work environment where you are monitored 24-7 with no time for a basic lunch. Disorganized with no equipment to do the job properly. Called on your phone constantly whilst trying to complete a customer task. You are rushed to the next task without being able to finish the first. If you enjoy chaos and initial sweet talk then realize this is not the reality. Everything is revealed after the first month.

Decent company

NOt a bad experience. Was protected under the Stratstone banner mostly so didn't receive the brunt of the "one size fits all" approach. Good progression

A lot to do.

It's an OK company. Work you hard. Very process driven. Mini business manager. Low commission structure. Pay doesn't match the efforts you put in.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

Low commission structure

Good staff poor management especially Head office

Interesting & hard work poor pay long hours and weekend working on a rota unable to take holidays march and September bonus and targets move if they think you're going to earn to much

Pros

Don't always get lunch

Terrible run company

When you ask for pay reward you’re told your lucky to have a job doesn’t matter how hard you work always fighting against targets and budgets bonus systems are a joke

Toxic working environment

This company will push their employees to braking point and once they break they don’t help they replace . Terrible staff retention 8 left in one year

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

The management, the work load, the work pace

You are just a number

… and you are treated like one. They don’t want you talking back but taking responsibility for everything that goes wrong and they sure do. If you have experience then can it and do as lesser experienced colleagues tell you to do even when they are wrong/ legally inaccurate or just plain incompetent.

Pros

Push over management

Cons

Management with attitude

Good benefits and career advancement

Good place to work if you put the work I’m. Recently introduced some really good benefits, a lot different to the place it used to be. Definitely come a long way.

Pros

Benefits, shifts

False promises, behind the times

The company is very slow to react to anything and I believe they are being left behind by new competitors. I was given a promotion then weeks later told there was no job after doing the work with no extra pay etc. I was also previously promised a payrise a day before a dealership was closed down. Very disorganised company who will openly refer to you as ‘just a number’. Staff turnover is massive because the pay is not competitive. An easy starting point to get into the trade, but most seem to move onto other companies. Don’t trust any promises etc, they don’t care about staff at all. They’ll work you so hard and squeeze everything they can out of you for little or no reward. Some lovely staff members and management at the actual dealerships but this doesn’t take away from the poor running of the company itself.

Pros

Nice staff, laughs at work

Cons

Lies, false promises, falling behind competitors, slow to react, not proactive, see you as just a number

Busy in a great way

Great set of people at Mercedes Leeds.Really busy but always hitting targets so always making money.As people on here say its high pressure, if you want to come to work to be lazy then Pendragon is not for you. If you want to work hard, achieve your goals, develop yourself and your career and of course get paid then Pendragon is for you.Yes its frustrating at times but what job isn't.Overall my time there was great.

Pros

Team, brands, pay, development, busy

Cons

Redundancies.

Glad I'm out

After 5 years of being there, I finally had enough, put in my months notice and left. Didn't have a job to go to but I'd really had enough with the place.Started on a reasonable wage and ended up on minimum because they don't do pay rises.Immediate management were ok but above that, I couldn't trust them when one out and out lied to me.Vast differences between departments and pay, a driver in sales earned more than £7k more than a driver in the workshop.The rumour mill ran overtime with the future of our branch, and we were told nothing. The place was run down, years of underinvestment and it showed. The roof leaked every time it rained heavily, flooding pits etc.Overall utterly shambolic for a main dealer.

Pros

The general staff were a good bunch, and that's about it.

Cons

No leadership from up the chain, lack of direction, run on a shoestring, building falling apart.

Awful

Do not waste your time applying for this company. You are a number and nothing else. The company breeds indiscipline!The company do not allow the correct level of staffing which leads to advisors being over worked and under resourced. If your face fits, you’ll go far. Don’t expect any support from anyone either.

Pros

Salary is ok.

Cons

Everything.

Avoid like the plague

So basically it’s a min wage job with so much stress it’s really not worth it. Everyone I know has either been off with depression or anxiety due to the management. They give you absolutely crazy targets to hit and if you don’t hit them they give you a warning 3 and your out. I will never work in a call centre again. If your face didn’t fit you was shafted. Also everyone was related to each other. Some management who had been there years thought they could treat staff disrespectful. There is a couple of managers who clearly are having affairs at work and they let it interfere to. Never again

Pros

You end up on Prozac or a stay in the nuthouse

Cons

Long hours, management not professional poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pendragon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Pendragon with

Learn about Pendragon in popular locations

• Pendragon