Pendragon

Pendragon Employee Reviews

I cannot put into words how shambolic this company is poorly run from the top down with no senior management having a clue what is going on at grass roots level. the workplace has not been invested in years. Staff are but a number.
Pros
none at moment
Cons
too many to mention main one lack of investment in its staff and buildings
23 February 2021
Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us.
Terrible place to work. There is no training given, employees doing the same role are paid very differently (I was paid a lot more!). On the face of it, the building looks in good order until you go in the offices which are falling apart and dirty!I would never recommend this as a suitable or enjoyable place to work.
Pros
The end of the day!
Cons
Dirty, management rude, poor wages, understaffed, rubbish team benefits, HR and wages are s**t and have paid wrong amounts more times than paid good!
Management want more and more out of you even if the customer experience suffers don't want to get involved with customers issues if they are not easy or straightforward clear fault codes send out and tell customers to monitor.... Promised pay rise if you keep up percentages but they never materialised. If you want more equipment buy it yourself they don't want to go into the buget to get tooling . Just a company full of empty promises.
Pros
Going home
23 February 2021
Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us; we will take your feedback on board.
I worked here for nearly 4 years in total. The only positive i found to this place was the pay. The management never cared to help anyone and only cared about making themselves look better. Despite the work you put in they never offered any real progression in the business. Was put on furlough when COVID happened as expected, but they didnt even give us chance to fight for our job as they picked the people they wanted without giving us a fair chance. They used WhatsApp to make us redundant. Wouldnt tell my worst enemy to work here
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, work ethic, overall ambience
23 February 2021
Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us and that your role was unfortunately affected by the pandemic.
Joke of an organisation. They don’t care about their staff, and care even less about their customers. If you enjoy working lots of overtime for free, having a boss that knows less than you and couldn’t inspire anyone - let alone lead a team, then this could be the dead end move you’re looking for. Seriously, the motor trade isn’t the greatest job, but if you’re in the industry you’ll do a well to avoid these clowns.
Pros
Pay OK
Cons
Too many to list.
23 February 2021
Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.
Stay well clear I was a senior manager and will never work here again, you are just a number, it’s very hard to attract staff as the company reputation is very poor,
Pros
Cons
Poor culture
23 February 2021
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's a shame to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.
The team leaders treat you like utter rubbish . Even with family emergencies, they will only care about company numbers and never looked after you as a person. You get treated like you’re a child and cannot communicate during office hours. The best part is that it has music on in back ground to try and help boost the mood but doesn’t work. Your colleagues are the thing that gets your through the day with a good Moan at dinner time.
Pros
Music
Cons
Awful
4 February 2021
Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us but we will take your feedback on board.
Lovely work colleagues but awful company to work for.Overworked and underpaid.All talk and no action from management This company is stuck in a time warp
Pros
Cons
Over worked, long hours
Worked here for 9 months (vauxhall wigan) hated it. Very poor management. They expect far too much from everyone. No way of getting motivated as all management do is cry about finance and products. You get treated awfully for doing your job. Always something dodgy going on. General manager 100% has an agreement with one of the sales executives. Hands him deals/leads. The guy went on holiday for 3 weeks, he came back and had 25 sales in 1 day! Impossible. STAY FAR AWAY!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management
If you want to work for a company that has no respect for their customers or staff then this is the place for you. I worked here for 5 years customer service was appalling in every department, not communicating with each other. I would always have to deal with correcting problems that the other departments made over my lunch break and when I should be going home.When lockdown took place I heard nothing from my manager, 5 months later 5 months later I get a WhatsApp text saying that I'm redundant and I have to chase HR for the proper paperwork.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pendragon?
I had 11 months of employment at pendragon and found it to be a great place to work unfortunately the site was shut down after this time period however given the opportunity I would do it again
Pros
Clean envitmroment
Cons
Would benifit from more equiptment and training
Worked at head office for about 2 years, time I’ll never get back. Zero chance for progression or recognition, lack of support from management. True colours shone through COVID, was put on furlough for as long as they could claim the money from the government then got maid redundant over WhatsApp. Didn’t receive half of the paperwork we should have done and not even as much as a thank you upon leaving. Don’t do it, will get better pay and better progression at your local supermarket
Pros
Laid back office
Cons
Money, management, company ethos
You are just a number to this company, I worked for them for 10 years and got made redundant after they chose a snoty kid over someone with experience. You have to sell 13 cars before you earn commission and then it goes up in 5 pound increments!! The cars are badly prepped and customers treated like dirt.do yourself a favour and avoid this company better off working on the bins.
Pros
Litreally none
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, bad dealer principles, poor stock and cars
All back stabbers would not trust any one there all management is figures they stopped ramp safety checks to save money and one ramp collapsed no special tools
Pros
Cons
Want blood for money
Very friendly people to work with and they always looked out for each other. All very good team players. Everyone was very helpful and kind. Never a bad day and i learnt alot from other staff members.
My colleagues were great, my sales leader was amazing. My dealer principle was a narcissistic sociopath who steamrolled his way through the job without any idea of how to manage a business or its staff.
Pros
None.
Cons
Suicide attempts and 12 months of intensive therapy.
Started the role on the promise of constant progression from working hard. After a few years it became apparent that it’s an “if your face fits” kind of attitude with management roles being taken by friends of management not several others more qualified or even slightly qualified. Constant business changes made by upper management that lost us tens of millions within months.
Poor company to be employed at don’t communicate with their associates treat people like dirt let people dictate what they do in their jobs whilst working hard yourself not recognised at all different rules are applied to certain people and they are rude to people but that’s okay as they are good at hiding that are lazy and think they know everything what about all the people being made redundant this person is last in but has been told they are safe
Pros
Cons
Poor management people using courtesy cars and not paying car tex
Over the covid epidemic there was no updates at all. And at the end of the epidemic I got made redundant. The company is a total sham. Unprofessional and doesn't give a toss about there employees.
Pros
Cons
Contact and update are not happening. The rate of pay is only minimal wage.
Sales manager was clearly bullied as a child so try’s to make up for it by belittling his sales staff. If you have an opinion on anything he will just argue with you and say you are wrong regardless. Not sure how he ever became a sales manager, Can’t even turn up to work on time let alone run a dealership. Company is going down the drain, do not join!!!
Pros
Home time
Cons
Everything else
Your working your socks off for nothing while the manager and colleagues are looking at the premier league scores and booking their next holiday. The Dealer principle, how is he general manager? He couldn't even run an ice cream van, let alone a dealership.
Pros
Erm social
Cons
No bonus
  1. Employee reviews