Penicuik Home Improvements

Penicuik Home Improvements Employee Reviews

Would have liked to have had longer with the company. Very good training, but the job came to an end. Mainly sales of doors and windows, learning everyday.
You get out what you put in. Good company to work for with good prospects. Staff are good and structured training is ongoing. Would recommend working for them.
great job to have for a work life balance. money is good and its all down to you if you earn anu extra. managers where great always help you to meet your targets.
Great people on the sales team, HOWEVER as the job is so heavily based on commission its not a great job to have if you have any bills to pay, if you don't sell the managers want to know why, most of the time it's because people can't afford the price or just don't want ro commit on the night to spending tens of thousands of pounds. Management don't like when you are honest and explain that people don't want to buy right now, they conveniently forget that the marketing department get a bonus to get people through front doors so will tell potential customers anything to get the appointment making a salesmans job ten times harder. You have to be available to take appointments from 10/1030 in the morning which is magnificent but your last appointment could be at 8pm and hours away from home and should last at least 2 hours which is double bad when you don't make a sale. And sometimes you don't get any appointments in a day or two It's 6/7 days a week £150 a week base wage which they then charge a development fee from and doesn't even cover the fuel. So if you don't want a life, money or rest this is the job for you! Especially if you love managers blaming you for things that don't go right! Apart from this it's wonderful!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor base wage, managers aren't fot for purpose, unreliable money
Not worked in Penicuik long but it’s a friendly company to work for. Staff are lovely and always on hand to help.Managment are very encouraging and not always on your case
Pros
Friendly staff, short hours
Cons
Getting abuse from customers
Great wages and team, very flexible, would recommend to everyone and anyone who will listen. Been here for about a year and it is probably one of the liveliest sales environments I've worked in.
Pros
pay scale and the branch.
Cons
long hours, but the money matches it.
Great place to work. Brilliant team spirit in branch between managers and reps. Great training for all new starts. Pay reflects the effort put in by everyone.
Pros
Flexible working
If you don't like being stuck behind a desk all day doing the same thing day in day out for pennies then this job is for you. Different scenery, different people and different situations to adapt to each day, flexible hours and good managers. A company that is motivated by the different opportunities that arise each day, lots of opportunities to make money and progress in the company. Lots of coworkers that are always happy to help with advice and tips to help you along your way in your career. I have been with the company for a year now from an engineering background and wouldn't ever go back, I have become a different person since I started as it has helped me build confidence with dealing with customers and speaking to new people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Worked here now for 5 Years best job i have ever had, rewarding and the pay is great. You have to put everything you've got to get everything you want. If you don't work hard you wont be rewarded as you want. Cannot complain about anything. Always pay on time and great people to work with day in day out.
Pros
Love everything about Penicuik
Cons
been with the company 5 years now and have gained so much experience, opportunities and just general progression since I joined. you have to work hard to gain the benefits but for someone who is money driven and wants to progress its the perfect environment to be apart of.
Pros
long hours and can take a lot of commitment
Cons
great earning potential
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Penicuik Home Improvements?
I have been with the company 5 years now and have seen lots of people come and go without giving the job a chance I have found that those who show an interest in what they do and a positive attitude then they remain and earn a very good income in a flexible environment The hardest part of the job is the hours required and late nights The best part is comradeship with your fellow workers and the satisfaction gained in doing your job to the best of your ability S well as remuneration Not only do I go out selling but I get involved with administrative duties etc which makes my day varied
Pros
Flexibility and earning potential
Cons
I joined penicuick a few weeks ago and my perception of the job was one that most people stereotypically have of double glazing companies.l wanted a new challenge with high earning potential and flexibility around my family and 3 weeks on l can sincerely say l have achieved all of these and more. The company is full of vibrance and positivity that echos right from the top management and its incredibly infectious.(i am constantly buzzing).everyday is a new opportunity for new money and new depth of achievement.in my first earning week l made over a £1000 and yes l couldnt believe it. The job gives as much as you give to it....you have to be a positive thinking person as no sales day is ever the same .but with the right attitude and mindset , penicuik is a place where hard workers and ambitious people are allowed a platform to showcase themselves. The company has its own social media space (HUNU) where colleagues share their high and lows ( coz thats real life ).it literally is better than having a group chat with your mates ...there is all sorts , the motivators, the motivated, the philosophers, then you have the high achievers and the managers that wont stop singing praises of their branches (honestly😃) its like one crazy big family that just functions well (amazingly ! 🤷) . If anything, to anyone considering penicuik do just give it a try l promise you a few weeks later you will be like me .....NOT LEAVING ! .... the product range is of great quality and it sells itself so the rest is down to you as a person.l have so much still to learn ,but l love it
Pros
Great commission, positive enviroment, flexible, brilliant opportunity for career progression
Cons
The hours can be long
Great place to work, developed some great experience and attributes. Senior team have always been supportive and encourage development. Really enthusiastic driven atmosphere.
Pros
Access to gym and ongoing career development
Cons
Sometimes late finishes
I have worked at Penicuik Home Improvements for a number of years now and have to say it is a great place to work. I have had a number of roles within the company and each one is backed up with full support and training. There is a great atmosphere in any of the branches i have worked in making the job really enjoyable. I have met great people through my time there as well. There is always room to progress within the company as well if that is what you want to do.
Pros
Self Development, gym classes company facebook, full training and support
Speaking to customers on the phone, learned well how to work other people of all age groups and how to interact with customers. A relaxed atmosphere which helps with welcoming new starts - and makes it an enjoyable place to work. Loads of company benefits like a gym and a private social media, and lots of self development. It can be challenging, especially if being loud and confident doesn't come naturally to you - but it helps that there's a lot of training to help you overcome issues like this. There's a good group of people to work with and I like the sense of achievement when you exceed your targets.
Pros
flexible shifts and good commisions
I been with company over 5 years now working in sales and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to change their career and seek for new oportunities. This job offer great earnings for hardworking people, work atmosphere is great and you are provided with all the tools to help you be successful i.e. training, motivation materials and staff support. There is great chance of promotion and going up the ladder within the business for right people. Every day is different as you are on the move all the time and you dealing with lots of different people which makes it more interesting. Also company provide gym, development workshops and fantastic social media service for employees.
Pros
Flexible work, great earnings, gym at workplace, free breakfast from boss occasionally
Cons
Can be long hours at times
Penicuik is a good starter job for a teenager, however it is very boring with little productiveness. The management isn't very good either, they don't treat you with enough respect, they don't let you adapt to your own working routine and they also don't listen to you very often.
Pros
Working with people your own age.
Cons
Long shifts, little productiveness, poor management
Great place to work From management right down to sales reps and fitters couldn't ask for a better group to work with. The hardest part of the job was the travelling 1 day tour in Helensburgh the next your in Dunbar but that's the nature of the role I was in. The atmosphere at my local branch in Grangemouth was brilliant the staff were very helpful,friendly and a great bunch to work with
Pros
meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons
Penicuik Home Improvements was a brilliant place to work, it helped to build my confidence with speaking to customers and also colleagues. The best part about the job was working with a large bubbly and chatty team where everyone was nice to eachother.
Pros
Flexible shifts.
Cons
Long hours, no sick pay.
as a place to work it was very nice however the job itself was not the best at all