Peninsula Business Services

Peninsula Business Services Employee Reviews

Great company to work for if you are the sort of personality they like. If your face fits you'll be treated well. Very rewarding and an interesting product
Pros
Money
Cons
No control over diary
I have worked at Peninsula for a considerable amount of years. However as time went on it became apparent the company is absolutely about profit and doesn’t care for it’s employees wellbeing. A colleague had gone off sick due to mental health and had been given a letter of concern. You have to either come in early or stay late to finish tasks so you can keep up with your workload. It is very hard to progress your career unless your managements favourite. The workplace has reduced many colleagues to tears and many staff to leave. Hence a poor retention rate. We were even asked to write reviews so management can cover up how awful the working place is here.
Pros
Holiday, colleagues
Cons
Long hours, devalued and underpaid
Knew I had made a mistake in the first week but advised it was changing and thought I would give it a chance. Hated every minute because this company lacks morals in the way they treat staff and clients. Sales blatantly lie and company is just money focused. Know so many others like me who left and are now happy with a vastly improved work life balance
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Just a factory churning out generic gunfire, no pride in the job
Since being at Peninsula I feel I have a clear direction of where my role can go and what i can achieve here. Seeing the results of my work is a brilliant benefit which I haven't had visibility of in my previous roles and I know I'm supported should I ever struggle.
Pros
Benefits package and the team I'm in
The people at Peninsula are one of the best assets. Supportive and guide you through those first few months. If you work hard then the rewards are there to be had. So it's challenging but in the best possible way as you're given every opportunity to shine.
Pros
Great benefits, the people, location
Pros
Great benefits, the people, location
Come to Peninsula, it’s amazing, the staff, the management and the ethos is wholly supportive and frankly the most friendly and inclusive work place you’ll ever work in. (Kidding, it’s really bad) If being screamed at for 8 hours a day by lazy bullying maggots and made to stand up til you drop is your thing, don’t worry it’s all bad here Seriously, if you’re into emotional battering, have no self respect and like your Sales Director on the wrong side of sane, then you’ll love it.
Was there for six months and hated every minute. Worked like slaves, dreadful conditions for employees, shockingly low salary and quite frankly questionable business practices. They sail incredibly close to the wind but stay just the right side of legal.
This company is just full of bullies. Management are idiots. The hours are rubbish. I would not recommend working here. If your face fits! Everyone good has left.
I have a number of friends as a result of my time with Peninsula. Management are fair and understand when time required for family, illness etc. Vastly increased my H&S Knowledge, Fire Safety, Environmental etc. I take great satisfaction from helping clients with problems.
Pros
Self manage
Cons
Somtimes long hours and travel
AVIOD this company, will start you there is a lack of management skills and then when you leave claim back induction training which they don’t tell you about when you start. They make out its for the level 7 employment law qualification but this is not the case it’s for anything you get when you arrive even though you have to have it to do your job.
Low salaries, dodgy business practices. Tied to Betfred, you can't really be surprised they would operate in a similar dodgy manner like the casino and bookmaker. Avoid like the plague!
Poor culture, poor people and poor management. They expect everything from advisors but give nothing back, more interested in fundraising than staff morale.
Great place to work. Fantastic training offered and many chances for career progression. Hours can be a little inflexible but very supportive managmenet team.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Flexibility
Everything is squeezed out of every employee with one goal, to maximise profits. It’s a corporate money making machine with no regard for staff or customers! If you want to work here be ready for a high pressure environment where doing your job non stop is all that matters. Being shouted at, belittled, undermined, bullied and humiliated is not something a ‘HR Specialist’ should not do.
Pros
Good money
Cons
You have to sell your soul
Great opportunities to earn and that is the only reason i stayed three years. The company has a great Directors team but is sadly let down by horrendous internal management. Everything is based on threats to achieve performance with reward and restriction of opportunities. You are micro managed watched and bawled at a lot. You are made to stand all day and they have a flag pole traffic light system to place red ,yellow and green flags for appointment levels. My best decision was to leave and work at another employment law firm with a polar opposite mentality which gives better results.
Pros
Money earned
Cons
Treatment, pressure, threatened environment
Applied for a role here, and was more than qualified. No feedback or rejection correspondence sent about application. If you are considering using this company for HR - DONT! If they do not even follow up on any correspondence on their own applicants - what hope do their clients have.Recruitment process relatively simple; Phone Interview, then skype which seemed to be a one way conversation with them talking.Got the impression it was a hard sale type environment, and no follow up sent after skype call, to say if I had been successful into the next stage or not which I found unprofessional.
Pros
At least they showed their true colours during interview stage
Cons
Always advertising for Staff - what does that tell you
My manager just assumed I wouldn't be returning to work after the birth of my 2nd child and I was told that the job is only available full time and there would be nothing they could do about flexible working, job share or part-time working.
Wired up with a head set and watched like a hawk! Very intense working environment where advisors output is based on call volume and not on the quality of advise. Advisors will get the client off the line ASAP in order to take the next call. Advisors receive incentives based on call numbers. If you want be just a number work here!
Pros
Your employment law knowledge will be on point!!!
Cons
After a time, you will feel like a battery hen answering calls!
dont practice what they preach - teach staff the rules of employment law but bend the rules when it comes to disciplining employees. management bullies
Success is in the lifeblood of this business, everything they do is to improve and provide the best to their employees and clients. I would highly recommend working for Peninsula, its changed my life.
Pros
Free breakfasts, refer a friend and TFI Fridays