Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust

Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Typical day

It can be very hard work working with in the NHS but it can also be rewarding. With the pressures the NHS faces, I am proud to be a member of the team.

Looking for a change

Busy paced hospital ward , where I have gained lots of skills and knowledge, looking after and providing a high standard of care to patients , being able to progress and help with flow of patients throughout the hospital and community setting . Completing audits , to enable us to evidence our work , computer skills comprising of admissions of patients , making follow up appointments

Continually changing priorities make work challenging.

Morale is very low, high turn-over of IT staff, changing priorities and lack of leadership direction. Harassed in project board meetings and blamed for issues where the PM team has no control.

Domestics

Domestics work very very hard at Fairfield General Hospital. The head supervisor very supportive very friendly and helpful. Hours of work are good, different shifts available if needed.

Pros

Excellent pension

Cons

To much work not enough hours

Great Place

Great Place to work with amazing staff who support you and I experienced a different way of working and got to support amazing people. you get to train and work in a amazing place but with people who want to help you succeed

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

Death records

Ward based

Worked in the nhs for many years And witnessed good and bad ,but now it's not patient based it's all about paperwork and audits to hide the real problems .manager very bad hence very low morale.Working on wards is hard work with no thanks hence new staff not coming in. Not as it used to be very demoralizing with bad management without people skills.

Pros

Pension, holidays

Cons

Poor management

Good place

I have found overall working for Pennine Acute to be an experience of many sorts. There are great places to work and there are some not so great. I have been lucky to work with good teams in each of my roles.

It's just average

Good place to work, nice people and reasonable work life balance. It's just a pity that there is so much uncertainty surrounding the trust at the moment.

Workplace

Workload is interesting and staff are kept busy, whilst working here i have learnt a lot around clinical auditing processes, pressures that divisions are in and how hard staff work to provide a high level of patient care. I have increased my database knowledge and improved my analytical skills and report writing skills immensely. My work colleagues are friendly and hardworking but management is poor whcih affectsmorale.

Pros

Close to home, good pension, good hours

Cons

Poor management, low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement