Pennine Acute Hospitals

Pennine Acute Hospitals Employee Reviews

Nhsp bank

Gone back working at my old trust , back on the unit with my lovely colleagues during this pandemic.Good team and PPE.Potential for career development

Pros

Good Team

Cons

Not permanent

Working here

Managerial staff not competent and you are made to feel worthless to keep them happy. Most of the staff are a pleasure to work with although you are regularly understaffed and underpaid for the job that You do.

Care worker

I will never work for the NHS again I gave 20 years but after suffering mental health issues the support was non existent .Disgusting considering its z so called caring environment .

Pros

Pension

Cons

Lack of support

Challenging

Training was really good and well organised Some days were challenging due to the amount of wards you had to cover and number of staff Really good work life balance and regular dinners with colleagues outside of work

Ok.

Short staffed and therefore low morale and difficult to work at present. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients. It is very rewarding when the patients recover and are well enough to leave the hospital.

Pride in the NHS

Excellent workplace, excellent job roles, excellent management, total job satisfaction. A job in which you know your part has made a difference to the people who pass through hospital doors. Lots of training and development, lots of encouragement to progress.

Hard work but good career

Worked for pennine for 11 years, plenty of training for people who want to go higher. Worked with some fantastic people. I've learnt lots while working here and I've gained some great qualifications, but you have to take the rough with the smooth if you plan on working here.

Pros

Good pay, great holiday benefits

Cons

Long hours, short staffed

Very Poor

my only advise is not to work at the Royal Oldham. My experience was very poor and I would never apply for a job with them again. The department I worked for was like being back at primary school telling the teacher if you wanted to go to the toilet and tell them when your back. Same with lunchtime and anytime you moved or breathed!! Department Manager was very ignorant and rude and that's putting it politely. The other staff were nice.

Pros

Home time

Cons

Management very poor

Advertising

Why do you keep advertising this job for clerical assistant about 3 times a day on indeed when its only for intetnal applicants when you try to apply it says for internal applicants only. Why advertise a job on a public site when people are not eligible to apply.

Official response from Pennine Acute Hospitals

8 August 2017
Hello, the posting of non-sponsored jobs on Indeed is not made by the Trust. Indeed as a company routinely take jobs from our recruitment site and cross post them on their website. I will raise with them to clarify why Internal or Restricted vacancies are included on here.

Unsupported

Working at TROH, management are unsupportive and not interested in staff well-being Expected to work long hours (some staff have to rotate on to nights, some don't).

Official response from Pennine Acute Hospitals

4 April 2017
Thank you for your feed back and I'm sorry to hear that experience of working at The Royal Oldham Hospital hasn't been the best. We value the feed back from our staff in order for to learn and make changes. If you would like to discuss your concerns please feel free to contact me and I can arrange to meet with you.Geoff Smith, Head of Workforce & Resourcing, Corporate Nursing & Midwifery.

Nice place to work

Friendly atmosphere and a very good place to work. I enjoyed working with the trust. My manager was great and the IT training team was made up of professionals that knew what they were doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pennine Acute Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement