Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

A confusing set up

There was little communication between the senior management and workforce. There would be a strange blog from the CEO every Friday which was out of touch. The team were great and the workload was heavy at times but I was given autonomy to manage my workload.

Pros

Cons

Not having a permanent contract

Management protect themselves

OK until you need management support. Loved it at first but, when I needed support from management, they changed their tune. Feel very let down by them

Pros

Reasonable pay

Cons

Stressful

Fun working people sometimes

Pen pushers need to do more shifts on the floor with staff to experience what it's really like to work in mental health.. More Junior doctors and nurses needed to help with the patient to manny outside agency staff who can't connect with patent or other staff creating confusion and miss understandings.Staff not being utilised correctly.

Pros

There is no free lunch in life

Cons

Mistrust causing cliques around wards

Very badly run

No support from management. A very badly run team, which made the job very stressful. I enjoyed the job in hand, but was very let down by poor management.

Pros

The patients were the highlight of my job

Cons

No support from management, very badly run

Home treament team is a fast paced role

the community team were professional and hard working. the role ws demanding but supported well . overtime was available but not seen as expected good work life balance

Nothing wrong with the interview

Tameside Home Treatment Team badly managed; micro-managing culture; too many chiefs, sneaky, blaming culture; everyone reporting on everyone else in order to protect themselves; Serious amount of brown-nosing going on there. No time for anyone who isn't nursing staff; if you have any other career options - use them.

Stressful working in psychiatry

The manager made our departments job very hard because she was a bad manager with obviously no managerial training. The work load was very high and grade and pay were reduced at the time I worked there. The consultant I worked for was the only reason I stayed so long.

excellent place of work

I loved working for pennine care NHS had I not had to move I would have continued to work for Pennine Care. The staff and service users are welcoming

Pros

good staff team

Cons

challenging

Typical NHS employer

Typical NHS employer, pressure from management to hit unrealistic targets set by government. Pressure from patients who have become less likely to deal with small illnesses themselves. Higher management not understanding how things work on the ground.

I have children and have very supportive managers who are generous with flexibility. Staff are great and the job is very rewarding. I have learnt so much here. If you can get on the bank I would advise it to get your foot in the door.

Nhs is a good starting point

Nhs is a good starting point to gain experience. However as private sectors are now outbidding Nhs there are fewer opportunities to develop within your career.

Not a job for the long haul

You have your good and bad days....very bad days sometimes.All depends on the staff you work with.Split shifts are a nightmare as there is no shift pattern so home life really suffers.Management are young, some are immature with a point to prove.a few amazing staff you get the pleasure to work with.Several patients play the system which is VERY frustrating,back time and again.

Workplace

A good company to work for, pleasant enviroment for staff and patients. Safe place to work, security presents on all wards and units. Cleanliness is of a high standard throughout.

Pros

Great place of work

Cons

Internal rotation not always a good thing

Poor management. Undervalued underpaid

No support of management. To many chiefs and not enough indians. Terrible pay and no progression No help from HR when needed just dismissed and end up chasing your tail to get answers

Pros

Good clinical team on the floor

Cons

No parking favouritism

Horrid place

Worked as in domestic within trust HQ, people within the building were fine but there is a small handful, that think domestics can do nothing more than clean. If your face doesn’t fit in this place. Sorry but they make working life horruid. Got absolutely no support whatsoever off management or HR when had problem. Not the greatest place to work.

Pros

Some great people

Cons

Management are unsupportive.

Nepotism and if your face doesn't fit culture.

Worked for Pennine in community. Was employed by a caring manager however, following reconfiguration found myself pushed out. Everyone seemed to know each other for years and I was relatively new. As an example employees would socialise with senior managers and suddenly they would be in charge of projects. The staff who did not socialise would be ignored. So if you want to work with people who are stuck in their. ways and bullies, get a job at Pennine.

Pros

salary

Cons

Nepotism and culture of bullying.

Mental health provider

Great recruitment and workforce teams Mix of experienced and new team members Lovely office to work in Central location Flexible with late childcare requests

Pros

Central location

Cons

Not enough part time opportunities

Awful!!!

Inexperienced managers training other inexperienced managers who think it’s ok to bully others. Not flexible or understanding of personal needs and no money in the budget. Constant service changes and future uncertain. Staff don’t work as a team and sickness rates are high. Service is living in the ‘blame’ culture and more and more pressure being put on lower paid staff. I wouldn’t advice working for Pennine Care unless you are prepared for the above!!!

Pros

Not Many

great place

great place support and training provided enjoyable dealing with public . kept busy but not overwhelmed. learnt various new skills i.e communication skills, answering and taking messages. Problem solving skills. learning new computer systems in addition to all microsoft packages. library note tracking

Avoid, this trust is renowned for the worst management culture going, rep well earned.

There are a couple of good managers, 2 I can think of now work in Oldham IAPT, however the terminally bad bully management culture prevents them from trying to create a positive culture. There are many very talented therapists passing through the various IAPT doors, but none are ever allowed to grow professionally or sought for their insight to therapeutic issues. IAPT's in general are really hard places to work due to the climate created by the government, but pennine is a particularly bad one, especially the parts that have been sold off, avoid like the plague. If u r desperate to get some initial experience, then go there, but with a plan to get out as soon as you can. Some great colleagues, appalling culture managing it, which is acknowledged in parts of the NHS outside of it.

Pros

They can't keep staff long so they are always recruiting.

Cons

Horrible place to work.

hard work! But very interesting.

Good company to work for. I learnt a lot here, and the staff and management were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day! The best part was helping to change people's lives.

Pros

good working conditions

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement