Pentagon Group logo
Pentagon Group

Pentagon Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to work

Work environment is constantly improving which is amazing. I have worked here for over a year. The company/ management treat you with respect and fairness. There are loads of great progression opportunities within the head office and outside of it.

Good workplace

Having worked for Pentagon around a year and a half, i can confidently say i have met / worked with some great people along the way. The managers are always more than happy to help and there are plenty of opportunities to achieve targets.

Good Management And A Relaxed Environment

I've been working here for just under 2 years now and would recommended Pentagon to any friends and family. Pentagon Is a friendly company with many great people in the company ensuring that the day doesn't drag. I cannot praise the head of my department enough, I am not too confident and couldn't imagine going to have 1 to 1 meetings normally however with the relaxed and friendly environment I feel confident that I can talk to my management to discuss any issues and feel like my opinion is valued and listened to.

Pros

Great Management

Great Place to work

I have not worked for pentagon for a long time but within the time i have worked for the company i have felt supported and welcomed by team leaders and management-Pentagon have provided me with a metour who has supported me throughout....the departments specialist will help where possible to make your day comfortable and knowledgeable ensuring you give the customer the best journey. I am a apprentice and they have ensured the start of my working life has been comfortable and helped me grow within myself. Would suggest working for these guys

Pros

Management and team are supportive.

Geared to rip off punters

Sick of pushing un needed repairs that customers don't need just to be able to gain managers their bonus and keep earnings on target to beat last year's false figures. Finding fault where there is no fault to be found just to get paid by warranty or customer, instead of looking after customers best interest. You either fit in or you don't, if you don't you don't last simple. Would avoid at all cost

Pros

Cons

Loads

Jokers

Have just made staff redundant in regards to furlough due to corona virus and are now looking to employ people !!!! What kind of company even does that ?

Great friendly company

Worked for Pentagon over 6 years over 2 spells great company great people good work ethics and great employee schemes available shame our site is closing down

Fair company to work for

Fair to work for. Getting bigger in size and expanding wider. Pay structure is good. Promotion opportunities are limited though due to people staying with the company for long periods

Horrible

Management have no idea unless they are bullying and power trips throughout. Some staff are great others are two faced No organisation in the management structure

Stay well clear

I have never worked for a company with such a toxic culture full of gossip and back stabbing. They offer no pension advice or benefits and have no regard for their employees.

Jobs at Pentagon Group

See more jobs

Nice showroom and team.

Good place to work if the team is already in-place and you are a positive person. Ultimately it is a sales based company so sales matter. Being the neutral party between departments is beneficial. Work with management and you will succeed. Salaries are okay for the auto-motive sector. Standard benefits packages. Lincoln showrooms were very nice to work in. Not so many progression opportunities for me, however if you worked sales then there are many different areas, such as commercial, mobility and many showrooms to transfer between.

good co-worker relationship. Relaxed working environment.

Delivering vehicle parts in a timely manner, complying with driving legislation. Typical day would be to load van with parts and sort out my route as efficiently as possible to keep costs to a minimum,

great senior management team and supportive. they offered great training and open to new suggestions to improve the business. paid generously and kept their promises.

Poor comany to work for

Huge lack of money invested into the company and its technicians. Workshop equipment wont be replaced or repaired when broken or damaged. You are not paid well if you can do the job properly, it's set out to chase after bonus to get hours for the big bosses above. Lack of experience in the workshop due to the technicians who can put out a good quality of work being scrutinised about times and hours so they leave. This comany prefer quantity over quality everytime. I do not recommend.

Productive & fun place to work

Treated as a valued employee rather than just a number. Good working conditions & lovely site. Everyone works as a team & chips in to help wherever possible.

Never a dull day, a good place to work

I currently work as a Vehicle Imaging and Presentation specialist which is a great role, I get to do something i am interested in which is photograph and video cars. There are other jobs that i do for the company; bodyshop runs, assisting the sales team with cars etc, car marketing and generally creating my own workload. The bond with the salesman is a great thing and you do make some really good friends. The hardest thing about the role is even though i have 15 years in branch management and assistant management in another sector, i can never progress through the company as in this industry you need to have been a car salesman to become a manager.

Avoid!

The worst Motor dealership to work for in the UK. No matter if you work at different dealerships they are all still the same and are managed by the same useless individuals, you are simply just a number! Management simply want to toss it off everyday and then take all the credit for their departments work without lifting a finger. The wages are very poor and even worse when i was having to use my own personal salary to fund the use of a FORKLIFT truck to off load heavy goods,

Previous Management

It has been over 10 years since i worked ar Pentagon. At the time, it was not the best dealership in Mansfield to be at because the management were very poor at their job in looking after their staff in that you got very little recognition for a job or task completed. Pentagon is now owned by a new company, so they are presently processing a lot of changes from what i hear from a colleague

Strongly advise against working here

If you a looking for an honest review of Pentagon Head office as a place to work, look no further. If you are someone who values their mental health, believe in meritocracy and consider yourself a good person do NOT join this company. That kind of personality isn’t compatible with their management regime and they will attempt to subdue you through what starts as subtle bullying. The kindest word to use to describe the management would be incompetent, but they could accurately be called vindictive. The woman in charge of the department has absolutely no genuine qualities and does not know how to separate her erratic reactionary emotions from business and difference of opinion. If you do not allow her to bully you she will endeavour to push you out of the company - she has strategically placed successfully subdued colleagues around her to carry this out through fear. If you have ever wondered how dictatorships form, this would be a superb case study for you. The pay is incredibly low for how much they expect you to do, the bonus is bad (especially if you’re a reasonably good sales person) a happy demeanour in the work place is very unacceptable. There is a high employee turnover there and it’s for good reason -people with sense leave. Unfortunately, whilst many have tried, this culture is impossible to change, when you try to raise the issues with more senior members of management you soon learn that they prefer not to rock the boat and not challenge this treatment of their staff. If pentagon could learn anything from their staff it would be that there needs to be -

Pros

Great training for you to take elsewhere and earn more

Cons

The management teams incompetence

Essentially a fascist regime

Possibly some of the worst managers I have ever come across in a company. If your face fits and they like you, you’ll be fine. Even more so if the boss is friends with your mum, in that case you’ll get away with murder. There are a lot of double standards here. Expectations are extremely high for a very poor wage. If you’re not a sheep and like to ask questions be prepared to be bullied and harassed. The staff within the team are the only thing that will get you through the day. However, beware of company suck ups that will throw you under the bus and twist and lie about anything you may have said to cover themselves or to get in line for a promotion. Zero recognition for good work, attitude or personality. Very negative environment which drains you and drags you down. Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Team members in the same boat

Cons

Awful management, zero staff welfare considerations, poor pay, I could go on & on...

If you value yourself and your mental health DO NOT WORK HERE!!

My experience working at head office in the call centre was one of the worst experiences of my life. Going in, everything is made out to be amazing but it soon becomes clear why staff turnover is so high! Management are manipulative selfish and do not value their employees AT ALL! You are sat in a glass box, not allowed to talk to anyone or stand up. Essentially they want robots and if you do not fall in line they will make your life a living misery! Management haven’t got the slightest clue how to handle a department and the place is a complete and utter shambles. Being constantly targeted, not valued and treated like dirt on their shoes does no good for your mental health!! Do not work here, worst experience of mine and my colleagues lives!! What a dark and depressing place to work.

Pros

Cons

Bullying, targeted harrasment and awful management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pentagon Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement