Peopleplus

Peopleplus Employee Reviews

Mostly positive experience working for people plus , great training program great work colleagues. Challenging but rewarding role. Positions not as secure as before covid . Understandable.
Pros
Great team, good benefits package, good training
Cons
Money could be better
They don't believe in up-skilling staff to help develop their skills unless your face fits. Irrelevant training sessions, it's a tick boxing exercise.
Pros
For me, I had nice colleagues to work with
Cons
No development. Favouritism.
Very poor company to work for. Management both locally and nationally are very poor. Company driven by profit and not interested in offender's gaining skills to gain employment on release. Never wanted to spend money on resources. Local management never supported you, were wet and didn't have the right skills to manage staff. Stay clear!!
Pros
Paid regularly
Cons
Clueless management especially at local level
Create courses that are unfit for purpose by staff unqualified to teach them, no interest in getting people into work simply interested in making profit. Poor management with little to no training for staff. Awful company to work for, promise to help people get back to work but this is certainly not what they do at all. They get people on courses that is irrelevant to their needs with promises of jobs that don't exist
Never known a company like it. Heres some words; unfair, unrealistic targets, favouritism, no job progression poor management, discrimination, money-driven, liars You are just a number, horrible toxic people, who step over you to get where they want to be. Please do stay well clear
They do not care about the people who work for them and are all about the profit. If you do not fall in line with keeping everyone happy not withstanding how long you ahve worked for the organisation they will not provide you with any support band allow you to go elsewhere.
Was lucky to have a great Regional Manager and great team. Fast pace work with tight targets but achievable. Good working environment with support from SMT..
Pros
Fast pace to work, staff Benefits good and holidays.
Cons
Uncertainty at times due to nature of Industry
I have been with PP just under a year, their management skills are not the best they seem to be a pass the buck type! They promise you the world but in reality they give you a world of stress & empty promises
Pros
Great promises
Cons
Great lies
Company has settled alot over the last 12 - 18 months however the staff turnover is high. Management say all the right things, some of which come into fruition, however alot of upper management don't understand those on the ground and how much hard work is involved in each role.
I was required to gain further Admin qualifications to gain entry to apply for People Plus, whilst working there I learnt lots of new skills and was given the opportunity of advanement and to try differant roles, I also got to travel alot and work in differant cities to attend meetings and Cover staff sickness etc, but learnt lots from this, also the training is really good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Peopleplus?
Should be a great company to work for but are failing with the management we have currently and the support is not there. Things are not happening quickly enough and it feels like they are giving empty promises.
The contract I worked on was ended in September 2016. Until then, enjoyed my time both as an Adviser and as a Team Manager. Salary was good for the role
I was TUPE into Peopleplus so i did not go through interview, i feel they are a good company to work for, but the early years sector is a insecure sector to support in this company.
Amazing and helpful tutors and learners. Could not recommend enough for people wanting to gain work experience/national qualifications. Amazing placements offered.
had to leave as my mom who i cared for past away people plus only paid me for my work it was actually organised by smbc adult care there isnt no more i can tell you i never had to have an interview or go to people plus i just had to send my monthly timesheets in by a certain date to receive my wages.
Worked for this company. So unprofessional. Management have no idea about providing quality, People with skills and experience are ignored and unsupported. Management doesn't respond, they don't like experienced staff questioning policy. Honestly, Managment @ PeoplePlus is terrible so unprofessional don’t have a clue when confronted about putting you in situations you shouldn’t be in and putting you at risk honestly do never ever ever go here they will still you with targets also. Avoid
Horrendous company more concerned about the bottom line than the importance of helping and assisting those long term unemployed back into work. Rather, pushing and threatening in behaviour in forcing individuals into any work to meet targets.
Plenty of travelling to visit learners. You are lucky if you get 10+ learners in one location. Totally remote working, using offices in most big cities.
This used to be a good place to work and in recent years we have seen a large number off staff booted out after they were told jobs were safe. This was dealt with so harshly. It was awful. Bullying and harrasment is rife here, HR are very inefective & inconsistent. No appraisals, no pay reviews in years, staff in same job all paid vastly different rates. Workload is totally unmanageableJust avoid.
Pros
9-5 (when you aren't working nights & weekend due to workload)
Cons
Bullying, Poor pay, Unmanageable workloads & targets, Poor training, Staff promoted due to who they knew when there were more suitable people, Ruthless company.
Great team - most people help and support each other, some good helpful managers, a few sudden redundancies, a bit of a grim atmosphere as we wait to see if we keep our jobs.
PeoplePLus was a good company to work for, had open and clear communication with a clear model of business and operations. I enjoyed my time at people plus and left due to contract running its course.
  1. Employee reviews