PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom138 reviews

Found 138 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,385 reviews
crispprogressionprogresssalaryshiftrolelongbalance

Friendly people. Good perks.

A very solid ,reliable ,happy, caring, good benefits and wages. Good prospects, friendly people and understanding management. The company has a principle of truth and candor but only if your face.

Great company for advancement

Fast paced environment to say the least! You either sink or swim. Great progression within the company if you show initiative, drive and have something about you.

Insights into PepsiCo

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Rubbish place, very over worked,

Management haven't got a clue, very over worked in the warehouse, hard work not reakonised,fat cats get richer, stay away, plenty of better places to work

Pros

Cons

12 hr shifts feels like 24 nr due to work load

Had its moments

Worked doing the van sales for walkers. There shouldn’t be a sales aspect of this…. It’s more a delivery driver for the stores. Since it is sales there’s targets to hit which is of overall revenue sold for the month but also tacticals which are specific product lines to sell. The problem with the tacticals is most can be of the slow moving lines which don’t sell as well. There’s only so much you can sell to a store if the public are not buying them as they’ll only go out of date, which means having to swap them out when they do but then you’re limited to how much stock you’re allowed to use to swap. The base salary is actually quite decent and the commission bonus is generous too……. Assuming you actually hit it. They have a habit of as soon as you hit your target they’ll move the goalpost the very next month making it harder to hit. Now I get thats what sales is but do it end of the year or quarter not whenever they feel like. You always have to work so hard and only just scrap by to them move the target. Make you work more, longer hours all for the same results.

Apalling

Absolutely horrendous place to work. If you are a front line worker, you will be treated with absolute contempt. The management teams have no regard for worker health and safety. Avoid this company.

People I worked with were amazing. Left after a three months, because it wasn’t somewhere I wanted to stay

Unpaid tea breaks that you never actually get, Expected to serve customers and then run across the store to fold clothes simultaneously,The company needs to find a better way to display clothes to solve this.

Pros

No experience needed.

Cons

disorganised, low pay

Okay

Okay job, not well paid, hard to progress. Management are okay but don't provide much direction. No real benefits to working here these days, all the good perks got removed.

Quite relaxed and easy to understand work, everyone is friendly

Keep your head down, do the work, be willing to learn. Working in other manufacturing companies, this one's a doddle, can be fast paced at times but mainly relaxed and have a good time with other colleagues. If you don't mind working bank holidays it will suit you, don't have to deal with the many other people off at that time then either.

Pros

Colleagues, money, relaxation.

Cons

Long hours if you're not used to working

Hgv driver

Good company to work for. Will help u where possible. Good money and pick hours to suit. 90% of the people are nice. Management helped out where they could

Good

Good place. Hard work at times. Long hours, but can balance that well with the 4 on and 4 off rota. Not a lot of balance between slow work and fast paced work however.

Pros

Freebies

Average company

Outsourced staff but very little to do. They have outsourced most of their IT work to vendors and nothing really much to do for the onsite engineer. I'll recommend that they do a lot of training and make staff more happy. Salary is not too good

Rubbish job - only good for money

I worked at PepsiCo for 3 years, stayed on the same level even when working very hard and becoming very good at my job, you need to know people or lick ASR to move up.Headache taking days off, if someone else in your area has it you can’t have it off - making you call in sick.4 on 4 of rotational shift is good for singles but kills your mental state and life balance. Stinky and dirty place. One rule for managers and one rule for general workers. I enjoyed working there throughout Covid because I got loads of paid days off. But now back to normal.Overall sad boring job - company that doesn’t care about you - constant disciplinary for medical absence - threatening your job. Not worth it unless you’re desperate

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours, no progression, managers are awful and don’t care about employees

Good place

Good salary, job was long and sometimes boring. Management weren’t great although HR were very thorough and well organised. Overall not a bad place to work.

Easy work

Clean environment... training on the job. Friendly working environment free bags of crisps on site company shop. Opportunity to progress further if you wish.

Pros

Great canteen!

Cons

Good money, weird work life balance

An ever-changing business, with very different experiences for everyone, as a shift worker I still struggle with things like night shifts,but overall the company is relatively good. Consistent paychecks and good salary , with odd 4 days on 4 days off pattern that gives you plenty of time between the (sadly) twelve hour shifts.

Its Ok, could be great

Its Ok, could be great but they don't seem as experienced in manage projects or change as I have seen in other companies which results in unneeded stress. The big observation is that they mention collaboration a lot, which is not the case at all. Very siloed working environment which causes an us and them atmosphere which is not healthy.

Pros

Discount on products

Cons

Stressful Siloed working Us and them environment across teams.

Great company, Great people and Great leadership Team!

I loved working at Pepsico, it is Great company with Great leadership Team, plenty of possibilities to progress! I only left due to traveling distance for me over 1 h

Steady

Overall a steady place to work. Do your job and no one will hassle you as they would at other workplaces. Realistic job expectations and realistic chance of progression.

Cons

Long hours, shift working including bank holidays and Christmas period

No two days are the same

It isn't the worst place to work by any means however it isn't the be all and end all. Levelled or salaried employees above level 4 are treated far better than those below them. This is the same for both office and factory staff. If you work a solitary role, for example, you are one of one, there is very little progression due to the "needs of the business". However, you do get a lot of freedom and you are able to manage your own workload as opposed to being micromanaged.

Pros

Free crisps!

Cons

Very long hours Unpaid overtime Salary is not competitive!

To many meetings and nothing followed up

Worked there fo 15yrs and was doable at the beginning, then holidays got less manning got cut back but still expected the operator to work at the same pace, lean came along/time in motion etc and meaningless meetings which was 100% waste of time and effort, I would never go back there now I have left. 8hr days for me and definitely no 12hr nights/days

Pros

Cons

Long unsociable hours including weekends bank holidays and working nights over the Christmas period

Poor place to work

Don't bother working here, you might be lucky and get a decent job out the way of the management..... but as a new starter I doubt it.Never have I worked in such a place as to were certain people get away with doing sod all, yet others get nothing but constant hassle all shift. I am sure Pepsico is a good company to work for, just not the Skelmersdale site.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor shift pattern, back stabbing culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement