PepsiCo
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom133 reviews

Found 133 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,062 reviews

People I worked with were amazing. Left after a three months, because it wasn’t somewhere I wanted to stay

Unpaid tea breaks that you never actually get, Expected to serve customers and then run across the store to fold clothes simultaneously,The company needs to find a better way to display clothes to solve this.

Pros

No experience needed.

Cons

disorganised, low pay

Okay

Okay job, not well paid, hard to progress. Management are okay but don't provide much direction. No real benefits to working here these days, all the good perks got removed.

Insights into PepsiCo

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Quite relaxed and easy to understand work, everyone is friendly

Keep your head down, do the work, be willing to learn. Working in other manufacturing companies, this one's a doddle, can be fast paced at times but mainly relaxed and have a good time with other colleagues. If you don't mind working bank holidays it will suit you, don't have to deal with the many other people off at that time then either.

Pros

Colleagues, money, relaxation.

Cons

Long hours if you're not used to working

Hgv driver

Good company to work for. Will help u where possible. Good money and pick hours to suit. 90% of the people are nice. Management helped out where they could

Good

Good place. Hard work at times. Long hours, but can balance that well with the 4 on and 4 off rota. Not a lot of balance between slow work and fast paced work however.

Pros

Freebies

Average company

Outsourced staff but very little to do. They have outsourced most of their IT work to vendors and nothing really much to do for the onsite engineer. I'll recommend that they do a lot of training and make staff more happy. Salary is not too good

Rubbish job - only good for money

I worked at PepsiCo for 3 years, stayed on the same level even when working very hard and becoming very good at my job, you need to know people or lick ASR to move up.Headache taking days off, if someone else in your area has it you can’t have it off - making you call in sick.4 on 4 of rotational shift is good for singles but kills your mental state and life balance. Stinky and dirty place. One rule for managers and one rule for general workers. I enjoyed working there throughout Covid because I got loads of paid days off. But now back to normal.Overall sad boring job - company that doesn’t care about you - constant disciplinary for medical absence - threatening your job. Not worth it unless you’re desperate

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours, no progression, managers are awful and don’t care about employees

Good place

Good salary, job was long and sometimes boring. Management weren’t great although HR were very thorough and well organised. Overall not a bad place to work.

Easy work

Clean environment... training on the job. Friendly working environment free bags of crisps on site company shop. Opportunity to progress further if you wish.

Pros

Great canteen!

Cons

Good money, weird work life balance

An ever-changing business, with very different experiences for everyone, as a shift worker I still struggle with things like night shifts,but overall the company is relatively good. Consistent paychecks and good salary , with odd 4 days on 4 days off pattern that gives you plenty of time between the (sadly) twelve hour shifts.

Its Ok, could be great

Its Ok, could be great but they don't seem as experienced in manage projects or change as I have seen in other companies which results in unneeded stress. The big observation is that they mention collaboration a lot, which is not the case at all. Very siloed working environment which causes an us and them atmosphere which is not healthy.

Pros

Discount on products

Cons

Stressful Siloed working Us and them environment across teams.

Great company, Great people and Great leadership Team!

I loved working at Pepsico, it is Great company with Great leadership Team, plenty of possibilities to progress! I only left due to traveling distance for me over 1 h

Steady

Overall a steady place to work. Do your job and no one will hassle you as they would at other workplaces. Realistic job expectations and realistic chance of progression.

Cons

Long hours, shift working including bank holidays and Christmas period

No two days are the same

It isn't the worst place to work by any means however it isn't the be all and end all. Levelled or salaried employees above level 4 are treated far better than those below them. This is the same for both office and factory staff. If you work a solitary role, for example, you are one of one, there is very little progression due to the "needs of the business". However, you do get a lot of freedom and you are able to manage your own workload as opposed to being micromanaged.

Pros

Free crisps!

Cons

Very long hours Unpaid overtime Salary is not competitive!

To many meetings and nothing followed up

Worked there fo 15yrs and was doable at the beginning, then holidays got less manning got cut back but still expected the operator to work at the same pace, lean came along/time in motion etc and meaningless meetings which was 100% waste of time and effort, I would never go back there now I have left. 8hr days for me and definitely no 12hr nights/days

Pros

Cons

Long unsociable hours including weekends bank holidays and working nights over the Christmas period

Poor place to work

Don't bother working here, you might be lucky and get a decent job out the way of the management..... but as a new starter I doubt it.Never have I worked in such a place as to were certain people get away with doing sod all, yet others get nothing but constant hassle all shift. I am sure Pepsico is a good company to work for, just not the Skelmersdale site.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor shift pattern, back stabbing culture

Never given hours

Was given hours I wanted and needed for the first week then was having to beg for hours, PepsiCo knew about me needing enough hours to be able to provide for my children but felt that they only sign people up for commission purposes as new people would start nearly everyday I was there then work hours slacked off very quickly, a lot of other people have said the same also.The conditions that I worked in were inhumane which led to me collapsing due to the stifling heat.

Pros

Met nice people

Cons

Inhumane work conditions, no hours

Great place to work -excellent culture

Management do not have a duty of care even though they say they do. Lots of box ticking and protocols.Staff are worked incredibly hard and expected just to get on with it often without even taking breaks/ lunch. Looks good on your cv and they do have some fantastic brands.

Pros

Freebies

Cons

Unrealistic expectations

General operative

Good benefits at Pepsico plenty of overtime if needed friendly atmosphere willing to progress if applications to relevant areas if interested clean overalls always available in clean locker room and overall a pleasant place to work and progress will recommend to all ages

Pros

Salary and progression

Cons

Long shifts

Worse place av worked

Treated like a dog 12hr shifts, just replace you with the people lining up to fill your role.. treat poorly. Just all round bad company not good for your mental health this place

Pros

Home time

Cons

Working there

Its not a fun place to work always pressure

Wants to work hard with some fun without stress, never see smiles on face of staff, management staff always put pressure on staff to complete the targets, no safety no one cares about staff health, overall walkers pepsico is a great an good company, but management don't know how to handle it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement