Persimmon Homes

Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews

Been there 3 years and my time has been good.The pay was slightly below average but overtime is available to bump up money. Was a great place to work with if you get on with the job and stay out of politics, the people In my regional office are very nice and friendly.Only leaving as offered a position elsewhere with better prospects and rewards.I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Van and flexibly if needed/ friendly people
Cons
No bonus and money could be better
If you like swearing, laughing and hard work then this is the place for you. Pays not amazing but the team and work environment are. If you’re uptight and politically correct then this may not be the place for you but if you like having fun whilst working your butt off then it just might be!
Pros
The Persimmon Team
Cons
Not the Best Pay
Working in the Fibre Nest Peraimmons, the manager (CM) is the worst manager ever, he bullied, forced me to resign do NOT trust him. They don't pay you the overtime you have worked for the company we waited 6 months to get our overtime paid to us. Now am waiting for the last 4 months. Your told to go to him and not HR and you must tell him what your going to HR for before you go.The bonus is a joke, our team had better stats then our other team but got paid less. He tries to extend the probation because we looked into and questioned why we had to wait so long on our OT getting paid.All in all the Fibre Nest manager should not be in management because he does not know how to treat and lead men the proper way to get the best from employee's.
Pros
Use the company van
Cons
Bad manager, not enough or proper training, bullied and victimized.
Was enjoying my job but had to leave due to health reasons. I requested for an automatic vehicle but the company kept on hiring a manual car which made my hip worse resulting in me having to resign due to health reasons. Apparently I was told to wait until someone with an automatic company car left the company so that I could swap my car.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Bad management
They work you really hard and expect you to know the job after two weeks was left on my own on site all managers over worked very underpaid : staff changes all the time had three managers in 4 months never knew who to call for help wasn’t told of promotions or trained to handle customers with complaints.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long hours no wkends off / no breaks / a lot of lone working
If you work hard for your director they might be able to go on a nice holiday... this ethos runs thick through the company, terrible management, rapid staff turnover, zero loyalty and a company policy that consists of replacing experienced staff members with trainees, pay them peanuts and save money - GENIUS
Pros
Hours
Cons
Where do I start....
Having worked for this company for 5 years in a management role it is clear that the drive to build is purely driven by greed from upper level management and shareholders. Rushed builds, lack of customer care in all areas, cheap materials, Terrible quality control procedures and aftercare due to the build pace. Over worked and over stressed management with no support or even the slightest interest in mental health. Purely driven into the ground and made to break to make a big profit. I could go on all day regarding this company, I certainly have no positives to list apart from it pays the Bill's.
Cons
All the above and more
When I started with persimmon homes it was great, good atmosphere and great team to work with but then when a assistant manager came in the bullying came in as well, very uneasy to work with then and when reported nothing much was done about it, in the 3yrs on building sites they by far are the worst to work for.
Pros
Great pay and bonuses
Cons
Poor assistant manager
Terribly sexist environment and continual pressure to be unethical and go against industry standardsManagement and directors continually shout and there is nothing warming by anyone.
Cons
I found persimmon to be a harsh and discompassionate employer. They routinely expect more from their people than they pay for. Progression is there for those willing to work well over their hours. Would suit the newly employed. Less suitable for those who need a work life balance. Discompassionate when something happens in life. Like a family death or illness
Pros
Free hot drinks, good progression for the young and energetic.
Cons
Difficult to balance family commitments or allowances for family emergencies.
Management are so unprofessional, no consideration for child care , not approachable , boss lets others in office take control , no level of discipline,
Pros
Parking
Cons
Management unfriendly
Bad company, bad work man ship everything is a rush, managers don’t care money not the best full of false promises they do how ever pay every week with out fail
Pros
Always pay in time
Cons
Managers don’t have a clue
Managing director is first class he leads from the front and always available for support I would recommend working here it also has a great work to home life balance
Pros
Great package
Cons
1 or 2 bad eggs
Dealing with previous Persimmon homes, home owners who have issue with their properties. Taking down details of their issues and trying to resolve by sourcing correct department, labour to sort.
Pros
Custom3r satisfaction once problem solved
Cons
Getting problem solved
I have worked for the company for a number of years and they have on a number of occasions proved they do not care about their staff, only profits. The pay is poor and management are dreadful. The rest of the staff in the business are lovely and without them I wouldn't of stayed anywhere near as long.
Pros
Great office team
Cons
Management and pay
Persimmon homes Ltd is an established company with a well established reputation for being a terrible company to work for, which is made very apparent by the sheer volume of staff the company goes through. They pay their staff the very bare minimum they can get away with always promising but NEVER follow up their promises for better deals. Trust me DON'T BOTHER!!!!
Working for the company five days a week was good as you got to be hands on and learn new skills as an apprentice and learn how the trade is done by other people
It was a decent job. I attached door tonthere frames, attached attic door hatches to the ceiling, attached stair banisters, sawed and attached skertain boards. I learned a fair amount and found it to be a good experience
Beware of this company, managment treat staff very bad and try to bully you. You are not shown things correctly, but they expect you to know. They give you jobs after jobs which you become back logged and unable to finish what they have asked. If its not done they become abusive towards you even though you have been given to many jobs for one person, i put 100% into the job i was first on side site before the managers who always turned up late. I was always last to leave trying to clean up the mess left by the managers. Keys for the new homes always went missing when managers gave them out to contracters. You were left with no spares and unable to lock up. The managers would blame you for losing them when they didn't get returnned. I couldn't ever find the full equipment for the work even they would moan when you couldn't find all the PPE needed to carry out the work. When i left the company the office were lied to saying that i had handed my written notice in which i didn't.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad company, Bad management, not given enough time to complete jobs, blame staff for their mistakes
Persimmon are a very good company to work for. I worked for them twice as a Freelance QS for maternity cover and would have certainly loved to have worked for them permanently if the salary was better
I would recommend Persimmon as a good place to work. It is Fun and Fast paced, with a lot of variety to the job. Every day is different, with challenges and laughs along the way.
  1. Employee reviews