Peter Vardy

Insights into Peter Vardy

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company if you fit in!

Fast paced and target driven as you would expect from a company in the motor trade. Plenty of opportunities if you put in the work and are getting results.

Pros

Opportunity is there for you to take it

Cons

Hours, Lack of days off, Pay isnt as strong as it used to be

Don’t work here if you have poor mental health

Avoid working for this company. From terrible management to sleazy co workers. Processed not followed and really don’t care about their customers.

Worst Company to work for.

No work life balance, full of broken promises. No structure or organisation from management, Pity as some staff are really nice and try there best but let down from MANAGEMENT.

Pros

Cons

Too much to list.

Full of empty promises

The staff change positions that many times it’s no wonder no one knows what they are doing. Made redundant after announcement of the best quarter financially ever. Totally out the blue and singled out

Sadly , an horrendous company to work for

When I joined PV I was so excited and since I’ve joined I’ve been nothing but disappointed. NMW pay for 50+ hours a week, Company won’t even put staff up to living wage with the cost of living crisis… instead still want us to boast about them paying 10% of profit to charity but won’t even pay the staff properly.Working conditions are poor and majority of staff are so unhappy and for that reason jobs aren’t done properly… just a shame really it’s all a bit of a shambles.

Excellent company to work for

Excellent company to work for I was made redundant due to a site closing down I loved working for them was offered to relocate but was 500 miles away from my home so couldn’t.

Pros

So much to list

Cons

Treat you like dirt, over worked and under appreciated

This quite simply is the worst company to work for in the motor trade. Constantly made to work early & late, forced to work on days off, pressured into cancelling holidays. You cannot disagree with them or even have an opinion. They say they are fast paced but in reality they are unorganised. It like the car showroom equivalent of sports direct! The staff turnover speaks for itself. They even reduced everyone’s salary after COVID to 90% but still made us work 100% of hours.would not recommend this outfit to anyone. Avoid

Pros

Cons

As above

Terrible

After being interview by Peter himself I was then interviewed by another senior manager for the position.Not a great company as I was led to believe. The salary was high but the lack of structure was not good.

Pros

Cons

The group

Competitive stressful

I worked in the bdc whilst I did enjoy my time I felt that management didn’t listen. Immediate senior team members were extremely supportive. I voiced my opinion many times on why I was unhappy and it fell on deaf ears so as I wasn’t being listened to I had noOther option than to seek employment elsewhere. I voiced this over a 4 month period and was hitting my head off a brick wall. I went direct to manager and up to the call center manager and no response.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Expected to work back all doctor dentist appointment, no one in managemen listened, payrollMakes lots mistakes

Fast paced forward moving company

Great company to work for. Always at the forefront of the trade. Innovative and ahead of the game. Peter Vardy care about all aspects of staff welfare. Love working for them.

Pros

Great benefits, fab colleagues, lovely working atmosphere

Cons

There reallly aren’t any

Forward thinking

Worked at Peter Vardy for over 3 years and loved every single minute of it. So many opportunities to grow and develop within the company. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking to grow and establish a career, no matter what industry you currently work in.

Fast and upbeat atmosphere

Fast paced and exciting workplace which encourages people to have fun with their day at work. The motor trade changing rapidly and as a Peter Vardy is the most forward thinking business I have worked in. It is years ahead of other business to survive in the new era of online car buying.

Pros

Loads of incentives and closed on a Sunday

Cons

Long hours in sales

Fast paced , innovative

I have worked for the company for over 2 years and have enjoyed the pace , the energy and the financial rewards given to me . The company has great plans for the future and is always looking to expand

Pros

Financial

Cons

Hard working

Hard work but good people.

Plenty of positives, great pay and additional rewards, fantastic company car scheme, loads of support and you feel genuinely looked after the People Team and senior managers. It's fast paced but loads of fun. This is the kind of company you should work for if you have fire in your belly and love a challenge. Great team.

Pros

Energy, Fun, Pay and Rewards.

Great Culture, Solid Career Path

I previously worked for the company many years ago and re joined some time ago after moving back to the area. Best decision i have made in my career in the motor trade. The support has been great from the management and the culture of the team is built around support and development of myself and those around me. If you work hard your future and career is definitely in your own hands and you can go very far.

Pros

Pay and Benefits, Leadership Opportunities

Cons

n/a

Very poor management at very top. Avoid at all costs

There is not quality in any area of this businessman costs are saved at every opportunity relating to repeat customers and complaints. The management at top level are not to be trusted in any shape of form and the company is rife with a dictatorship culture with middle management reluctant to Express any areas of the business or the concerns of staff. Having worked in other dealerships this is the worst run business I have experienced and would not recommend working here to my worst enemy avoid at all costs or fail like many others. You just need to look at staff turn over to realise there is a problem.

Pros

Nil

Cons

As mentioned

Diabolical

Steer clear as you are treated like dirt by managers and other staff. Constantly blamed for others mistakes and always having to work late and not paid for it. Constantly having to rely on bonuses as pay is below minimum wage but they try to say it’s not as they include bonuses as there yearly wage and you don’t always get a bonus

Pros

Non

Cons

Treated like dirt

All talk no action

Constantly bombarded with best place place to work if only they would concentrate on not making it poor place to work only interested in satisfaction scores but not actually providing good service they will do anything to get good scores, full of sayings like honesty integrity respect absolute joke they employ and employ anyone who do anything to hit targets, customer cars not even fixed correctly and charging high end prices, do yourself a favour you deserve better dont apply here its miserable

Pros

Charitable company

Cons

You pay for the charity with no pay rises

Good place to work ,Very good training Nice Company Car Money is good Nice Dress code also Good chance to progress into management in other Peter Vardy Branches .

Pros

Good Company Training

Cons

Long Hours

Poor

This is one of the worst places I have worked pay is poor management is poor overall wouldn’t recommend at all only good thing are the people you work alongside

Cons

Only as high as 1 star as that’s the lowest allowed.

By far the worst place I have ever worked. Breaks every GDPR rule in the book, Revolving door of staff, and empty promises all round.Do not waste your time.

Pros

Cons

Almost everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peter Vardy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Peter Vardy with

• Peter Vardy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?