Peter Vardy

Peter Vardy Employee Reviews

Poor management with a culture of bullying and blame. Higher management are useless who pass the pressure of their mistakes onto staff. Wages never correct, bonus promised and not payed
Met the man himself on my very first day and turns out he wasn’t very nice and very rude!! He then proceeded to tell everyone later about the first meet we had just to let everyone know that he was the BOSS and to address him in a proper manner. Such a shame that happened that day......
Pros
Cons
Unhelpful business manager
Good place to work ,Very good training Nice Company Car Money is good Nice Dress code also Good chance to progress into management in other Peter Vardy Branches .
Pros
Good Company Training
Cons
Long Hours
This is one of the worst places I have worked pay is poor management is poor overall wouldn’t recommend at all only good thing are the people you work alongside
Cons
By far the worst place I have ever worked. Breaks every GDPR rule in the book, Revolving door of staff, and empty promises all round.Do not waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything.
I only worked here for a couple of years due to it not suiting my childcare, however the owner of the company is family orientated so that was a good thing . I was offered hours to suit around my children but I ended up leaving after 2 years as I had to take my child to nursery and pick up at lunchtime so I felt it wasn’t fair to the other staff. The job was good, you’d meet customers, answer phone and serve coffee and cakes, you would make sure the showroom was neat and tidy plus make sure all point of sale material was replenished and went at the right place in showroom. Everyone was nice and helpful, if you had a difficult customer you could always get some help from a salesman or member of management. Good company to work for
Pros
Great job great staff and great management
Cons
Hours not so good if you have children who are young
Long Hours, Poor Pay, Unrealistic Sales Targets, Cold Calling and prospecting , No concessions if you fail to meet targets, Poor commission structure.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long Hours Poor Pay
Management dont care about what else your life involves. Whether its a family funeral or what. They do not take kindly to any time away from branch. Salesmen were banned from speaking in meetings due to having slight disagreements with management. Any talk back or defense of actions is always met with anger and they like you to do what your told when you are told and anything else doesnt matter. Managers will fluctuate customer quotes and slip things in to make the branch percentages higher. Colleagues have been called up for having cash sales and not finance sales, They will literally threaten you with action unless you can consistantly take in finance deals.
From the outset as an experienced salesman i was alienated and targeted for any isseues in the dealership. Would not reccommend anyone for ANY role within the company. The owner was charming and very pleasant but the management pick faces as to who the top performers are.
Pros
Good pay if you can stay there long enough
Cons
Unexpected changes to shift times, 5 day working week almost constantly turns to 6 days, endless calls to people who dont want to be called.
Great place to work and the office is a relaxed but fast paced atmosphere. great location and shortly moving to new premises, all staff treated exactly the same, no us and them culture
At my interview I was promised training and given a strong impression as company looks after there people, Told not to worry! I was very excited to start, but as time went by this became quickly not the case and was demonstrated daily. The reason I'm not there anymore I had some personal issues and I asked for support and I was dropped in the river to sink with my arms tied and concrete at my feet. Day to day can vary but most of the time you are chasing your tail and other departments. There is no flow. Too many systems to manage. I felt the company is behind as far systems and processes. You are heavily criticized with things only management have a influence, generally management are behind a lot of the issues especially internal politics, which had conflicting and damning results. Customer survey's do not fairly reflect what you personally do and other parts of the business have done or not, you are held personally responsible for the something you can not control within your role. The business over commits with little or correct resource in place making my job un-achievable. In the 6 months I received no company training what so ever and was just passed around people, which I highlighter-ed throughout also with HR. I very much felt like I was set up to fail. Or maybe my face didn't fit. Sink or swim attitude from branch management. I found the job really difficult due to the lack of training and support. Generally it revolving door as far as turn over is concerned. No work life balance at all. Felt like I was in a cult. I was let down. Did enjoy - more...
Pros
hours lunch
Cons
Long hours, low pay, not paid for over time, missing lunch breaks
Fabulous working life, having Sunday’s to yourself means the world in the sales industry. A great team of people which fabulous goals and such a fun exciting place to be
Having worked with a competitor in a similar role I was impressed to learn everything that Peter Vardy does to support not only the staff but the ongoing training and support. I would recommend anyone whos is looking to be challenged and develop they're to join Peter Vardy. It was the best decision I have made in my career making the move to join a forward-thinking company.
My time with Peter Vardy has challenged me and developed me both personally and professionally. This company is not for the faint hearted they move at a considerable pace, nothing like I've experienced before. But if you want to work for a innovative leader and a company thats forward thinking this is the company for you.
Preach values but don’t adhere. A few wallapers in positions THEy shouldn’t be as they are clueless and never had the on hand experience they practice. The best company to work for ? Outdated
Be warned they have reduced the starting wage from £20k to £15k. If you want the better salary you have to work 6 days. The management team are absolutely diabolical. They have no experience in managing staff, they give you 1 week training then expect you sell 27 cars a month. If you don’t hit your target then they will start to immediately get you out the door. Also they say you get 32 days holidays.... but you are never allowed to take them. Also you have to work 10 sundays min a year, unlike what they say
Peter Vardy Aberdeen was the largest Vauxhall site in the UK if not Europe. The company itself was welcoming, professional in the upper tiers and provided a competitive salary. The best Technicians left Aberdeen to work on the oil & gas rigs so the lack of workshop productive talent caused high customer satisfaction issues. My day consisted of dealing with customer complaints, written, email, and in person face to face visits one after the other. I felt this was not the position I was interviewed for and this diluted my effectiveness as compared to the brief I was given when interviewed. Given more time I would have made a difference and bare no animosity towards Peter Vardy who always remained professional and approachable in my dealings with him and his staff.
Poor management, very stressful, no support with issue in work or outside! Oh and only recognised if your one of the favourites. No job progression offered
The place is really fast paced which i really enjoy and they are always trying to develop as a company and move forward. If you don't like being challenged to be the best you can be then it probably wont suit you but i personally don't get why people want to sit in a job that just toddles along and doesn't push you.They run some pretty great incentives for colleagues too so personally I've been loving it since I joined.
Management tend to have their favourites and if it’s not you there’s not much support. But it was a good team mostly. It is long hours but then the rewards can be there financially.
Good company to work for years ago but has went majorly downhill. Most managers are dictators and unrealistic. If selling the hours required leave you no life and most of the time job is extremely stressful and under lots of pressure.
  1. Employee reviews