Peterborough City Council

Peterborough City Council Employee Reviews

Not great place to work always promised Job advancement this never materialised always pressurised management team abusive and ride to people and favourites for away with murder
No progression or new qualifications unless you pay for them yourself. Not interested in staff development despite claiming there's progression at interview and new opportunities.PDR waste of time hitting all targets and objectives yet no new qualifications despite asking repeatedly.If you are young, enthusiastic and looking for progression PCC is not for you.
Pros
Discount at local businesses
Cons
Poor management, no new opportunities, poor pay
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Peterborough City Council. The work was fairly difficult but the collaboration between departments was good. A positive place to work. Work life balance is good and the pay is pretty fair for the area. Would recommend it as a place to work.
Pros
Friendly people. Good collaboration.
Cons
Some long hours.
When you start you're given a Chromebook and a locker. All desks are hot desks, at the end of the day Chromebook and bits and pieces go in the locker. works really well, option for homeworking when needed is really useful. Parking sucks and is expensive.
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working with PCC, friendly and supportive management and colleagues. Positive culture to worth within and good overall vision.
Pros
Flexible working.
Cons
Parking charges.
amateur - far too inward looking with poor processes and inappropriately trained staff fire fighting - on a monthly/yearly basis leading to staff disenchantment
In busy support unit busy all day with meeting deadlines throughout the day. Ok if all staff members work together. Management I won’t say what I thought but not good experience working under this person.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Lazy staff and awful manager
I really enjoyed the role which was born out of a re-structure, it was extremely verified and there were some aspects like tribunals that were challenging but I really enjoyed attending. I started following once the new structure was in place. The re-structure gave my teams new roles but unfortunately they were not clearly defined and the expectations of my team were not communicated which made it difficult for the team. Following the re-structure we lost a lot of experienced staff members. I was in my role for just over a year when it was announced they would be re-stuttering again, we were given a long consultation period and I decided to take voluntary redundancy.
I was recruited on a temporary basis to review the Council's Fire Policy and to ensure a consistent approach across their main premises. I completed this within the contract length.
Great place to work Alot of support from colleagues and management Good pay Good work life balance Friendly staff Xtra pay for bank hols and weekends Nice working hours
Pros
Free meals
Cons
I worked here through agency and it was a local park with paddling pool in was really great working there everyone was friendly but it was temporarily work through summer months
Pros
Really nice place to work
Cons
Only summer months work
Organisational of the day. Job included supervision of 4 secretaries and working for a senior member of the Council. No hard part to the position as I planned ahead. Most enjoyable was job satisfaction
Pros
Enjoyed work
Cons
Responsible for the day to day issues which affect the residents of the ward from bin collections to implementing million pound regeneration projects. Great fun lots of learning.
Very good working conditions including agile working and flexible working hours. Workload is always challenging in a local authority placement however line managers are well trained at supporting teams.
It was a fantastic place to work. Mainly due to the staff and management there at the time. A lot has changed though since my day so you may find it's not such a happy place anymore.
Pros
Unique job role, interesting and happy atmosphere (at the time)
Cons
Unsociable hours - change in ownership and management
interesting job and you meet a lot of different people in the community so you will need to be a very people friendly person not hard work as in physical but challenging
Pros
set hours
Cons
can get boring
I was only in this role for about 4 weeks, Ok temp assignment !! The agency I was with at the time was ok, communication fine. No option for it to be made permanent
Pros
Working in the Public Health sector of Peterborough City Council wasn a great, hands on experience. All of the colleagues were friendly and well coming and very enthusiastic when it came to their jobs. I spent a lot of time outside the offices doing more practical work with the Youth and helping out at surgeries in the hospital but also spent some time in the offices helping out other members of the team.
Pros
Helping the youth and members of the community through promoting healthier life
A typical day at work would consist of taking inbound calls from members of the public in regards to the brown bin service, this included signing them up for the service and taking payments over the phone, as well as providing information about the brown bin service and Peterborough city council's policies.
Peterborough City Council is typical of a local government organisation, offering good working conditions and security. The culture of the organisation is dated and does not offer good career development opportunities.
learnt a lot lot of opportunity to apply within depends in the department you are in some departments are pressurised, others are not, the people were good