PHMG

PHMG Employee Reviews

Cut throat environment, recruit 15/20 people a month and only 1 stay on at a time. Expect you to work through your lunch and also you have to source your own leads, I was working 13 hour shifts and it still wasn’t good enough
Pros
Cons
12 hour days
I would rather eat my owm head than work at ph media. The sales managers are on a constant power trip and the top sales ppl gave egos as big as planetary systems. I would work here in a gap year as a way of encourgaing someone to find a career they like in order tonnever have to set foot in a place like this
During my 4 years at the company I worked in sales, account management and internal recruitment. I managed the internal recruitment for the London office and relocated to the Manchester HQ and have also been sent to the Chicago office as a top performer. The roles within the company are fast paced and competitive and there is a work hard, play hard culture. The hardest part of the recruitment roles are managing the recruitment process and managing hiring managers expectations. The most enjoyable part is hiring new talent, being responsible for their development and watching them grow and succeed within the business.
Pros
Long list or company perks, competitive environment, working for global leader
Cons
The overall culture and management styles, lack of HR
They don't care about employees, it is all about them pushing you for sales and getting contracts. I wouldn't recommend a job here unless you like stress and poor pay without prospects.
The environment at PHMG is very hard working and dynamic. They always endeavour to give back to the staff, we have some fantastic benefits including gym membership and music lessons! I have found that people in all departments within the company are as equally happy to help as the other which makes work life so much easier within a business of this size. My experience has been incredibly positive, I would strongly recommend a role here if you want to grow and work with a growing global organisation that cares.
Composing the 'on-hold' music tracks for clients that use PHMG's services can be a lot of fun. Each music track comes with a different brief and you work with the music supervisors on each track to create the perfect composition for each client. The work is fairly flexible. The tracks have to be completed normally within 2 working days. You can stop taking on music briefs if you have other work on and then start them back up again, which is really handy being a freelancer. The music briefs seemed to come in waves... you could get 8 briefs one month, then 1 or 2 the next. The pay is.... ok but it needs to be reviewed. When I worked there the fee was £200 per track. Each track had to be 3-4 minutes long, of the highest standard (they use some very well known reference tracks that you have to compete with) and PHMG retains all copyright. You may be asked to do revisions on a track or even re-write it. These revisions and notes can come from the music supervisor and/or client. You also have to upload stems for each track signed off which can take up a lot of time too. In the end, it can actually take the best part of a week to have one composition signed off. During the time I was working for them, I didn't feel that time required to complete one track, nor the value of the music was reflected in the £200 fee they pay the composers. The music is obviously a huge selling point for PHMG and the service they provide (they call themselves an audio branding agency after all) so I really do hope they revise and increase the fee they pay the musicians, especially - more...
Pros
Flexible, fun and interesting music briefs
Cons
Low pay for the amount of days you can spend finishing one track
I've worked at PHMG for nearly a year and have really enjoyed my time here. Everyone works hard and is very professional while still maintaining a great atmosphere in the office. There are lots of social events like work nights out and the summer/Christmas parties. There are also lots of perks like getting beauty treatments in the office and free gym memberships.
I was promised money, but for that youre expected to start working at 8am and not finish until gone 6pm. boys club with rife sexism and racist remarks. they seem to think theyre in the wolf of wall street. i was trained to lie to potential customers in order to make sales. 1980s sales techniques, poor management, no coaching, awful culture.Avoid PHMG like the plague.
So I had only been at the company for 6 weeks when my time had come “the end of the road” I had some big family issues going on at home and after being asked constantly what was wrong I would say nothing. After being then brought in to a meeting I was assured I could say what the issue was and that I would get help that was needed as they “care for my welfare” and they would come back to me with some help! The next day I go in and was let go due to performance related issues I thought this was laughable as they say they give everyone the time they need to get to where they need to be they expect you to work constantly taking work home or coming in ridiculously early to source you do have people there who constantly hit targets who have been in the business for a long period of time but expecting you to get your targets almost immediately is outrageous pressure tactics from managers and belittling you informs of people is what some do threaten your job and your livelihood I was constantly told I didn’t want to be there and now looking back at the experience I could not be happier out of the company Think twice about PHMG who have hounded business across the UK for years and promise you the world with very little back! By the way things at home are better now but no thanks to you any help from you guys when you let me go That was the help I needed well done PHMG! Hope people actually read this and see what a shambles of the UK team is ran!
If you’re looking for a career, to progress and to be pushed to your fully potential, I recommend PHMG. I love working here and with the massive growth and change in the Client Services department, anyone that wants to be challenged should consider a role. They’re a progressive and forward thinking company that actively encourage its staff to seize opportunities in furthering their career with the company. I work with some of the nicest most driven and most talented people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing and I think everyone’s commitment to their job speaks volumes of how much we all love working here.
Pros
Great perks - nights out, in house barber & beautician, free gym membership, bar in the office, too many to mention! / OTE are realistic / fun, young office
Cons
If you’re not willing to put in the work, this isn’t the place for you
my work involved lots of travel and learning which pleased me. My role was to compliment the sale of a product which meant I was required to think autonomously and make decisions and provide the very best outcome for my customer. I say (my) customer which meant that I took ownership of the installation.
I joined PHMG straight out of university four years ago and I think that the fact I still love coming to work every day speaks volumes. Seeing how much the company has grown and evolved has been really exciting to watch, and I believe now it's the best it's ever been. They've recently opened a new wing in the Manchester office and all the creative teams now sit together for the first time. I only wish this had happened sooner, because the buzz on the floor is really exciting – and I already feel like our work is improving as a result. The perks on offer are great, and new ones are being introduced every year which makes me feel like my future is really being invested in. I do think that creative wages are still behind the rest of the company and this needs to be addressed to retain the talent in these teams. But overall, I think PHMG truly is the perfect place to start a career, and if you put in the hard work, you'll always be justly rewarded.
I have been working for PHMG for over 6 months now and I love the role as well as the people at the business. In my role as an Audio Brand Consultant, there is never a typical day due to the fast paced nature, there is always variety. I have learned the value of customer service. Working with C-level Exec's across the world is a great experience and really makes you feel like you are making a difference to the journey of companies across the world. The Work place culture is very much Work Hard, Play Hard. Those that come to work hard will get rewarded in a number of manners. Those that want an easy ride need not apply! With a Perk for nearly every area of life, PHMG certainly work hard to reward their staff.
I have been working at PHMG for several years and I cannot think of another place comparable to this. The staff are heavily rewarded with opportunities to earn extra money with constant commission and incentive bonuses throughout the weeks and months. There are countless amounts of perks to keep the staff motivated which range from free gym memberships down to a bar and a games room in the office. There are simply too many perks to list here, but when you look at all of those that have been implemented, it is quite clear that the company heavily invest in resources to keep the team's morale high. To put PHMG in a nutshell, if you work hard then you will be rewarded generously. If you are looking for a place to do the bare minimum, this place probably isn’t for you.
Pros
Great pay, mental health support, life insurance, amazing training and development, personal growth and progression opportunities, on-site barber and beauty salon, on-site car valet, healthy vending machines, entertainment room, free gym membership
Cons
Unable to work from home, low number of holidays, capped commission (not applicable to sales departments)
Coolest place I ever worked but it was temporary and I was hired through some kind formality course. The staff are professional but jobs don't last there.
A rewarding company to be a part of, a hardworking office culture leads to many internal promotions and opportunities. Understanding and fair management helps the team lead a healthy work/life balance. Generous incentives put in place and targets to help reach your maximum potential. Training courses, work events and team nights as well as a long list of ‘PH Perks ‘create a fun and friendly environment to work in. Constant company expansion and change makes the role more interesting and keeps you on your toes. In summary, if you put the hard work in and show your ability, you will rewarded and valued.
I started at PHMG almost 4 years ago as a Junior Copywriter. I was really impressed by the talent of the creative department, but soon noticed most of my colleagues felt overlooked in favour of the more competitive sales side of the business. Still, the opportunities that PHMG offered for a copywriter made it more than worth everyone’s while to stick around, and the fun atmosphere that fuelled the department was an added bonus. As the company has grown, these opportunities have only got better, the team bigger, and the company a little more connected. As a department, we’ve gained experience writing for every industry imaginable – both in the UK and America, among other countries – including some pretty impressive brands. We’ve had more recognition for our role in the company, and there’s also a clearer path of progression – complemented by perks and parties that give the entire company an excuse to celebrate together every six months. While I still think there’s work to be done in terms of levelling the playing field and giving our senior writers reason to continue growing and developing in the company, PHMG is still a really great place to work – both for its opportunities and the people behind it.
Sociable company culture. Great staff parties and own company bar. Help is always given when needed to help you improve within your role. No work life balance when working US hours and it’s not as fun working late night. Very understanding and accommodating to personal matters.
Pros
Training and help, understanding management.
Cons
Long unsociable hour working US shifts which is suitable to some.
I have worked at PHMG for nearly 2 years full time. I can honestly say that PHMG is the best company I have worked for. The directors and managers really invest in their staff. Pay and incentives are great. The harder you work the more your rewarded. There is great job security as we are ever expanding into new territories as the world's market leader in Audio branding. Over all a great company from top to bottom and can envisage myself being here for the foreseeable future.
Pros
Exellent progression, pay and working culture
Cons
If your not willing to work hard this company is not for you
A great place to be if you are willing to do the work and want to be the best at what you do. I handle some of our biggest clients and brands. I lead myself on my customer service, expectation/relationship management, lead times, attention to detail, quality of work and ability to bring on new business consistently. If you do not have a winning mentality, strive for success, perfection and attention to detail in everything you do. Then this is not the place for you. A corporate yet creative atmosphere. I mean we are an Audio Branding/ Marketing Agency.
Pros
Company Perks, Colleagues, Working environment, Management, Commission structure
Cons
Long hours, must always meet all KPI's
I have worked at PHMG for 2 and a half years and it's been an amazing journey. The culture of the company and the talented people I work along side are the reasons I work here, not to mention the earning potential and career progression. Like all interviews you have doubts especially when you are told the earning potential and career path available, I took a chance and it's paid off, high earnings and a number of promotions later I soon realised I was in the right place to strengthen my career.
Pros
High earnings and clear career paths.
Cons
Unsociable hours but you get use to them.
  1. Employee reviews