PHMG

PHMG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom128 reviews

progressionmanchesterperkcharityrewardroletargetprogress

Tough place to work

Very long hours. Culture is not great and management are extremely harsh. You can earn good money but the hours can be crazy. As a first job in can be ok as anywhere else you got after won't be as brutal

So many people come and go awful

Treat people awfully, shocking company all things considered decent pay, lie about bonuses however, management is poor in general probably the worst place ive ever worked so glad i quit.

Insights into PHMG

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Management awful

Anyone in a high position thinks they have too much power, extremely rude to people who dont know them wildly unprofessional, worst working experience of my life

Honesty appalled

I only worked here for 2 months the amount of lies is truly baffling, how they treat staff is truly shocking, never been so upset and unhappy with a work situation before, AVOID at all costs an absolute disgrace of a company.

Pros

If the lies they told were true there would be pros but there are none

Cons

LIES constantly, everything.

A truly painful place to work

Just don’t do it to yourself. Huge lack of diversity and modern thinking. Management is poor and the way I saw people being treated is why they have such a high turnover of staff.

Pros

Colleagues are great, but that’s it.

Cons

Alright money but expect to have no life

Source all your data outside of working hours of 1.30pm-11pm so you end up sourcing all your data in the morning and calling potential customer all afternoon/evening. So you end up doing mad hours everyday and using your weekends to source your own leads finding the business owners names, whether they fit certain criteria and you’ve got to do this for every lead you want to ring. So if you want to earn good money you can but expect to pull in some mad hours every week

Pros

Pool table break out room is cool

Cons

No life balance whatsoever

Avoid, avoid, avoid

The company is totally dominated by sales. Everything is sales. Whilst they try to make out that it's a creative agency with loads of amazing creative talent, internally the only people who matter are the salesmen. Yes men, not people. "Boys club" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. Management actively enjoys and encourages infidelity. They want family men who drive fancy cars (oh yeah, once you hit a certain seniority you're "encouraged" to buy an expensive car) who sleep around with staff. No joke. Think Mad Men without the talent. You must arrive at a specific time, if you don't, you're punished - and I mean to the minute. There are set break times, again, to the minute. It's like being in school, not to mention the dress code. The pay, unless you're in sales, is dismal compared to other agencies. They target graduates who are desperate to get any job and are willing to take anything. It's a good starter job in that respect, but plan on moving within 6 months if you know what's good.The parties are fun, lavish, vapid, and very well "dusted" if you know what I mean. I met some great people there, but really that has nothing to do with the company itself.

Pros

Works with big brands which looks good on your CV when you apply to a new job

Cons

Too many to list

Head down and work

Cut throat environment, recruit 15/20 people a month and only 1 stay on at a time. Expect you to work through your lunch and also you have to source your own leads, I was working 13 hour shifts and it still wasn’t good enough

Pros

Cons

12 hour days

Not nice ppl to work for.

I would rather eat my owm head than work at ph media. The sales managers are on a constant power trip and the top sales ppl gave egos as big as planetary systems. I would work here in a gap year as a way of encourgaing someone to find a career they like in order tonnever have to set foot in a place like this

Fast paced and competitive. Sport and music culture orientated

During my 4 years at the company I worked in sales, account management and internal recruitment. I managed the internal recruitment for the London office and relocated to the Manchester HQ and have also been sent to the Chicago office as a top performer. The roles within the company are fast paced and competitive and there is a work hard, play hard culture. The hardest part of the recruitment roles are managing the recruitment process and managing hiring managers expectations. The most enjoyable part is hiring new talent, being responsible for their development and watching them grow and succeed within the business.

Pros

Long list or company perks, competitive environment, working for global leader

Cons

The overall culture and management styles, lack of HR

Hated it at PHMG, all about selling

They don't care about employees, it is all about them pushing you for sales and getting contracts. I wouldn't recommend a job here unless you like stress and poor pay without prospects.

Hard work and very friendly @ PHMG

The environment at PHMG is very hard working and dynamic. They always endeavour to give back to the staff, we have some fantastic benefits including gym membership and music lessons! I have found that people in all departments within the company are as equally happy to help as the other which makes work life so much easier within a business of this size. My experience has been incredibly positive, I would strongly recommend a role here if you want to grow and work with a growing global organisation that cares.

Flexible work if you're a freelance composer

Composing the 'on-hold' music tracks for clients that use PHMG's services can be a lot of fun. Each music track comes with a different brief and you work with the music supervisors on each track to create the perfect composition for each client. The work is fairly flexible. The tracks have to be completed normally within 2 working days. You can stop taking on music briefs if you have other work on and then start them back up again, which is really handy being a freelancer. The music briefs seemed to come in waves... you could get 8 briefs one month, then 1 or 2 the next. The pay is.... ok but it needs to be reviewed. When I worked there the fee was £200 per track. Each track had to be 3-4 minutes long, of the highest standard (they use some very well known reference tracks that you have to compete with) and PHMG retains all copyright. You may be asked to do revisions on a track or even re-write it. These revisions and notes can come from the music supervisor and/or client. You also have to upload stems for each track signed off which can take up a lot of time too. In the end, it can actually take the best part of a week to have one composition signed off. During the time I was working for them, I didn't feel that time required to complete one track, nor the value of the music was reflected in the £200 fee they pay the composers. The music is obviously a huge selling point for PHMG and the service they provide (they call themselves an audio branding agency after all) so I really do hope they revise and increase the fee they pay the musicians, especially -

Pros

Flexible, fun and interesting music briefs

Cons

Low pay for the amount of days you can spend finishing one track

Really great place to work

I've worked at PHMG for nearly a year and have really enjoyed my time here. Everyone works hard and is very professional while still maintaining a great atmosphere in the office. There are lots of social events like work nights out and the summer/Christmas parties. There are also lots of perks like getting beauty treatments in the office and free gym memberships.

avoid

I was promised money, but for that youre expected to start working at 8am and not finish until gone 6pm. boys club with rife sexism and racist remarks. they seem to think theyre in the wolf of wall street. i was trained to lie to potential customers in order to make sales. 1980s sales techniques, poor management, no coaching, awful culture.Avoid PHMG like the plague.

Work, work, work

So I had only been at the company for 6 weeks when my time had come “the end of the road” I had some big family issues going on at home and after being asked constantly what was wrong I would say nothing. After being then brought in to a meeting I was assured I could say what the issue was and that I would get help that was needed as they “care for my welfare” and they would come back to me with some help! The next day I go in and was let go due to performance related issues I thought this was laughable as they say they give everyone the time they need to get to where they need to be they expect you to work constantly taking work home or coming in ridiculously early to source you do have people there who constantly hit targets who have been in the business for a long period of time but expecting you to get your targets almost immediately is outrageous pressure tactics from managers and belittling you informs of people is what some do threaten your job and your livelihood I was constantly told I didn’t want to be there and now looking back at the experience I could not be happier out of the company Think twice about PHMG who have hounded business across the UK for years and promise you the world with very little back! By the way things at home are better now but no thanks to you any help from you guys when you let me go That was the help I needed well done PHMG! Hope people actually read this and see what a shambles of the UK team is ran!

The best place I’ve ever worked

If you’re looking for a career, to progress and to be pushed to your fully potential, I recommend PHMG. I love working here and with the massive growth and change in the Client Services department, anyone that wants to be challenged should consider a role. They’re a progressive and forward thinking company that actively encourage its staff to seize opportunities in furthering their career with the company. I work with some of the nicest most driven and most talented people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing and I think everyone’s commitment to their job speaks volumes of how much we all love working here.

Pros

Great perks - nights out, in house barber & beautician, free gym membership, bar in the office, too many to mention! / OTE are realistic / fun, young office

Cons

If you’re not willing to put in the work, this isn’t the place for you

people were great

my work involved lots of travel and learning which pleased me. My role was to compliment the sale of a product which meant I was required to think autonomously and make decisions and provide the very best outcome for my customer. I say (my) customer which meant that I took ownership of the installation.

The perfect place to start a long career

I joined PHMG straight out of university four years ago and I think that the fact I still love coming to work every day speaks volumes. Seeing how much the company has grown and evolved has been really exciting to watch, and I believe now it's the best it's ever been. They've recently opened a new wing in the Manchester office and all the creative teams now sit together for the first time. I only wish this had happened sooner, because the buzz on the floor is really exciting – and I already feel like our work is improving as a result. The perks on offer are great, and new ones are being introduced every year which makes me feel like my future is really being invested in. I do think that creative wages are still behind the rest of the company and this needs to be addressed to retain the talent in these teams. But overall, I think PHMG truly is the perfect place to start a career, and if you put in the hard work, you'll always be justly rewarded.

Great place to work with a great atmosphere

I have been working for PHMG for over 6 months now and I love the role as well as the people at the business. In my role as an Audio Brand Consultant, there is never a typical day due to the fast paced nature, there is always variety. I have learned the value of customer service. Working with C-level Exec's across the world is a great experience and really makes you feel like you are making a difference to the journey of companies across the world. The Work place culture is very much Work Hard, Play Hard. Those that come to work hard will get rewarded in a number of manners. Those that want an easy ride need not apply! With a Perk for nearly every area of life, PHMG certainly work hard to reward their staff.

Great place to start a career

I have been working at PHMG for several years and I cannot think of another place comparable to this. The staff are heavily rewarded with opportunities to earn extra money with constant commission and incentive bonuses throughout the weeks and months. There are countless amounts of perks to keep the staff motivated which range from free gym memberships down to a bar and a games room in the office. There are simply too many perks to list here, but when you look at all of those that have been implemented, it is quite clear that the company heavily invest in resources to keep the team's morale high. To put PHMG in a nutshell, if you work hard then you will be rewarded generously. If you are looking for a place to do the bare minimum, this place probably isn’t for you.

Pros

Great pay, mental health support, life insurance, amazing training and development, personal growth and progression opportunities, on-site barber and beauty salon, on-site car valet, healthy vending machines, entertainment room, free gym membership

Cons

Unable to work from home, low number of holidays, capped commission (not applicable to sales departments)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement