PHOENIX FUTURES

PHOENIX FUTURES Employee Reviews

open visitors center at 11 30 book people in from 12 00. that means check peoples id as in passports,driving lisenses at about 1 30 after getting call from gate house send visitors across to prison.once everybody has checked in and gone across to prison go to main halls and do activities with children until end of visits.go back to visitors center and do dayley setisticts on how many visitors came for visits
Poor management it could do a lot in the community but because of poor management poor leadership it could never work in any community it’s just another company that gets lots of funding then but doesn’t actually do the work
Find it hard to trust the company. Poor senior leadership. Loved my job but got screwed over by “the board”. No loyalty to staff at all. Would not recommend
divide amongst staff Management had no clue what they were doing or what was going on Favouritism amongst staff Gossip about things they knew nothing about No support
I work for an excellent team in Derbyshire. We are under resourced due to a lack of government funding however we work well with what we have and are a close knit team of colleagues that complement each other well. Management are very supportive and offer us regular opportunities to develop our practice.
Best place I have worked ever. Very kind caring colleauges. Always putting clients and staff first. Go beyond there duties of helping others. First class place and managers who care
I really struggle to understand how I was interviewed by the same manager twice for two similar roles and didn't get the role twice yet they are always hiring for these roles a few months later. My feedback was that I didn't have enough experience...yet I have a first class degree in Forensic Psychology and a keen and genuine interest to work for Phoenix Futures. It is very frustrating as I have the skills and knowledge required.
Service manager's style was devide and conquer. Created a real 2 faced culture. They are now CGL. Not much else to say. Not much else to say. Not much
Excellent colleagues great environment. Fast paced with a high case load. Lots of paperwork and procedures. All staff are well trained and up skilled in their areas of expertise
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Phoenix Futures, there were great opportunities for advancement. I progressed quickly from Addiction Worker to Team Leader and later to Service Manager, L & D Advisor and Business & Service Development for Scotland.
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Loved working here would not have left if I had not relocated. was able to progress from general admin to doing Data admin. They allowed me the opportunity to pursue being a practitioner.
Pros
Great work Ethic
Cons
I was a peer mentor and this meant that I supported a wide variety of men who have mental health issues and drug and alcohol problems. I was a volunteer.for two years.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
I worked in their prison project and found my managers extremely supportive. I grew personally and professionally in the 18 months I was with them. Many of the skills and experiences I gained from my time with them have helped me secure future roles.
Pros
Automomy
Cons
Support varies dependent on management (I had great managers)
Just no prospect of career progression. I worked with a wonderful group of people, but they were all in their late 30s and very settled in their roles so there was no possibility of progression. It was like going to work with my best friends every day, but in the end I just had to accept that I could not advance because there was no where to go.
Pros
Wonderful, caring, intelligent people, same sense of humour
Cons
Lack of opportunity to afvanve
Worked there for quite some time but it counted for nothing when I was made redundant on very flimsy grounds. Really wouldn't recommend working there to anyone who expects job security, job progression, support or raining. Very two faced manageme t.
Pros
What they are supposed to do is brilliant.
Cons
Rubbish office accommodation and very poor, cliquey management.
successful drug & alcohol programme with a wealth of training offered as part of your job, excellent place to work and career advancement as standard.
My experience ended up being just a job - can't say it is a great organisation to work for as alluded. Some people have been there for years and are probably enjoying it but that wasn't the case for me.
Great place to volunteer. The individuals who work at Phoenix Futures are very kind and responsive. They make it easy to get involved whether it is through mentoring or attending events - you can adjust depending on your commitment level. It is a great organization and a wonderful way to help people going through a difficult time.
Pros
reimburse you for travel and coffee
Although working for the company since 2010 when Phoenix won the tender for Barnsley Services, I had always worked in administration. Since taking the opportunity of a secondment in July last year I have been supported to continue my personal development by the team I work and my line manager. The team I work in at the moment work so well as a team which I feel reflects positively on our service users which is something I find valuable. The hardest part of my current role is the un-certainty of the environment and job role, although I am adaptable and used to the changes in this sector. The most enjoyable part of my current role is the work I do with the service users, both in group facilitation and 1-1 work, being part of that persons recovery and aiding them in sustaining their recovery to build a future.
Busy and fulfilling interesting rewarding role made you feel you were making a difference. Obtained qualifications in Mental Health and knowledge of drug and alcohol problems
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay
phoenix futures is a great place to learn and grow. all the have staff supported me and allowed me to develop & try different thing with in the service.
Pros
exellent staff team
Cons
too many volunteers
  1. Employee reviews